- •Large study of 33 patients with osimertinib continuation or re-administration after pneumonitis.
- •The incidence rate of relapsed pneumonitis was 15%, and all were mild.
- •Osimertinib may be safely and effectively administered after control of initial pneumonitis.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Cancer statistics, 2020.CA Cancer J Clin. 2020; 70: 7-30https://doi.org/10.3322/caac.21590
- Osimertinib in untreated EGFR-mutated advanced non-small-cell lung cancer.N Engl J Med. 2018; 378: 113-125https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1713137
- Overall survival with osimertinib in untreated, EGFR-mutated advanced NSCLC.N Engl J Med. 2020; 382: 41-50https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1913662
- Therapy for Stage IV non-small-cell lung cancer without driver alterations: ASCO and OH (CCO) joint guideline update.J Clin Oncol. 2020; 38: 1608-1632https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.19.03022
- Pneumonitis in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer patients treated with EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibitor: meta-analysis of 153 cohorts with 15,713 patients: meta-analysis of incidence and risk factors of EGFR-TKI pneumonitis in NSCLC.Lung Cancer. 2018; 123: 60-69https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lungcan.2018.06.032
- Osimertinib versus standard-of-care EGFR-TKI as first-line treatment for EGFRm advanced NSCLC: FLAURA Japanese subset.Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2019; 49: 29-36https://doi.org/10.1093/jjco/hyy179
- Osimertinib in patients with T790M mutation-positive, advanced non-small cell lung cancer: long-term follow-up from a pooled analysis of 2 phase 2 studies.Cancer. 2019; 125: 892-901https://doi.org/10.1002/cncr.31891
- Randomized phase 2 study of osimertinib plus bevacizumab versus osimertinib for untreated patients with non-squamous non-small cell lung cancer harboring EGFR mutations; WJOG9717L study.J Thorac Oncol. 2022; 17: 1098-1108https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtho.2022.05.006
- Tagrisso: EPAR-Product information. European Medicine Agency, 2016: 50
- Transient asymptomatic pulmonary opacities occurring during osimertinib treatment.J Thorac Oncol. 2016; 11: 2253-2258https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtho.2016.08.144
- Transient asymptomatic pulmonary opacities during osimertinib treatment and its clinical implication.J Thorac Oncol. 2018; 13: 1106-1112https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtho.2018.04.038
- Retrospective analysis of osimertinib re-challenge after osimertinib-induced interstitial lung disease in patients with EGFR-mutant non-small cell lung carcinoma.Invest New Drugs. 2021; 39: 571-577https://doi.org/10.1007/s10637-020-01005-1
- Drug-related pneumonitis induced by osimertinib as first-line treatment for EGFR-positive non-small cell lung cancer: a real-world setting.Chest. 2022; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chest.2022.05.035
- Osimertinib as first-line treatment for advanced epidermal growth factor receptor mutation-positive non-small-cell lung cancer in a real-world setting (OSI-FACT).Eur J Cancer. 2021; 159: 144-153https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejca.2021.09.041
- New response evaluation criteria in solid tumours: revised RECIST guideline (version 1.1).Eur J Cancer. 2009; 45 (version 1.1): 228-247https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejca.2008.10.026
- O.H.A.H. SERVICES, common terminology criteria for adverse events (CTCAE).(version 5.0)2017: 155
- NCI guidelines: Adverse event reporting requirements.2012
- Chest CT Diagnosis and clinical management of drug-related pneumonitis in patients receiving molecular targeting agents and immune checkpoint inhibitors: a position paper from the Fleischner Society.Radiology. 2021; 298: 550-566https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2021203427
- Osimertinib or platinum-pemetrexed in EGFR T790M-positive lung cancer.N Engl J Med. 2017; 376: 629-640https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1612674
- Barriers to enrollment in non-small cell lung cancer therapeutic clinical trials.J Thorac Oncol. 2011; 6: 98-102https://doi.org/10.1097/JTO.0b013e3181fb50d8
- Clinical characteristics and prognosis of patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer who are ineligible for clinical trials.Clin Lung Cancer. 2018; 19: e721-e734https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cllc.2018.05.014
- Interstitial lung disease associated with gefitinib in Japanese patients with EGFR-mutated non-small-cell lung cancer: combined analysis of two Phase III trials (NEJ 002 and WJTOG 3405).Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2013; 43: 664-668https://doi.org/10.1093/jjco/hyt049
- First-line osimertinib in patients with EGFR-mutant advanced non-small cell lung cancer: outcome and safety in the real world: FLOWER study.Oncologist. 2022; 27: 87-e115https://doi.org/10.1002/onco.13951