- •Robot-assisted brainstem biopsy for pontine diffuse midline gliomas (DMG) is feasible and safe.
- •Real-time drug testing on patient-derived DMG cells define individualised treatments.
- •Targeted agents as paxalisib can be successfully integrated into the care of DMG.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- CBTRUS statistical report: primary brain and other central nervous system tumors diagnosed in the United States in 2013-2017.Neuro Oncol. 2020; 22: iv1-iv96
- DIPG in children – what can we learn from the past?.Front Oncol. 2015; 5: 237
- Integrated molecular meta-analysis of 1,000 pediatric high-grade and diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma.Cancer Cell. 2017; 32: 520-537 e5
- Brainstem biopsy in pediatric diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma in the era of precision medicine: the INFORM study experience.Eur J Cancer. 2019; 114: 27-35
- Prospective feasibility and safety assessment of surgical biopsy for patients with newly diagnosed diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma.Neuro Oncol. 2018; 20: 1547-1555
- Biopsy in a series of 130 pediatric diffuse intrinsic Pontine gliomas.Childs Nerv Syst. 2015; 31: 1773-1780
- Robot-assisted stereotactic biopsy of pediatric brainstem and thalamic lesions.J Neurosurg Pediatr. 2020; : 1-8
- A pilot precision medicine trial for children with diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma-PNOC003: a report from the Pacific Pediatric Neuro-Oncology Consortium.Int J Cancer. 2019; 145: 1889-1901
- Next-generation personalised medicine for high-risk paediatric cancer patients – the INFORM pilot study.Eur J Cancer. 2016; 65: 91-101
- Diagnostic utility of oncomine comprehensive assay v3 in differentiating between isocitrate dehydrogenase (IDH)-mutated grade II-III astrocytoma and oligodendroglioma.In Vivo. 2021; 35: 921-927
- Targeted next-generation sequencing of pediatric neuro-oncology patients improves diagnosis, identifies pathogenic germline mutations, and directs targeted therapy.Neuro Oncol. 2017; 19: 699-709
- Preclinical and clinical evaluation of German-sourced ONC201 for the treatment of H3K27M-mutant diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma.Neurooncol Adv. 2021; 3: vdab169
- Imipridones affect tumor bioenergetics and promote cell lineage differentiation in diffuse midline gliomas.Neuro Oncol. 2022; 24: 1438-1451
- CTNI-27. FIRST-IN-PEDIATRICS PHASE I STUDY OF GDC-0084 (PAXALISIB), A CNS-PENETRANT PI3K/mTOR INHIBITOR, IN NEWLY DIAGNOSED DIFFUSE INTRINSIC PONTINE GLIOMA (DIPG) OR OTHER DIFFUSE MIDLINE GLIOMA (DMG).Neurooncology. 2020; 22 (ii48–ii48)
- Update on the diagnostic value and safety of stereotactic biopsy for pediatric brainstem tumors: a systematic review and meta-analysis of 735 cases.J Neurosurg Pediatr. 2017; 20: 261-268
- Epigenetic modification in chromatin machinery and its deregulation in pediatric brain tumors: insight into epigenetic therapies.Epigenetics. 2017; 12: 353-369
- Reduced H3K27me3 and DNA hypomethylation are major drivers of gene expression in K27M mutant pediatric high-grade gliomas.Cancer Cell. 2013; 24: 660-672
- Histone H3 wild-type DIPG/DMG overexpressing EZHIP extend the spectrum diffuse midline gliomas with PRC2 inhibition beyond H3-K27M mutation.Acta Neuropathol. 2020; 139: 1109-1113
- The 2021 WHO classification of tumors of the central nervous system: a summary.Neuro Oncol. 2021; 23: 1231-1251
- Advances in targeted therapies for pediatric brain tumors.Curr Treat Options Neurol. 2020; 22: 1-24
- ACVR1 R206H cooperates with H3.1K27M in promoting diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma pathogenesis.Nat Commun. 2019; 10: 1023
- Arsenic trioxide rescues structural p53 mutations through a cryptic allosteric site.Cancer Cell. 2021; 39: 225-239 e8
- Patient-derived DIPG cells preserve stem-like characteristics and generate orthotopic tumors.Oncotarget. 2017; 8: 76644-76655
- International experience in the development of patient-derived xenograft models of diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma.J Neuro Oncol. 2019; 141: 253-263
- Abstract CT205: phase 2 study to evaluate the safety, pharmacokinetics, and clinical activity of the PI3K/mTOR inhibitor paxalisib (GDC-0084) in glioblastoma (GBM) with unmethylated O6-methylguanine-methyltransferase (MGMT) promotor status.Cancer Res. 2020; 80 (CT205–CT205)
- Neurocytological advances in the treatment of glioblastoma multiforme.Cureus. 2021; 13e16301