- •ICB-myocarditis can clinically present similarly to acute coronary syndrome.
- •Diagnostic steps are similar; treatment of both entities is substantially different.
- •Delay in appropriate treatments of severe ICB-myocarditis should be avoided.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- A decade of immune-checkpoint inhibitors in cancer therapy.Nat Commun. 2020; 11: 3801
- Clinical pharmacology and interplay of immune checkpoint Agents: a Yin-Yang balance.Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol. 2021; 61: 85-112
- Clinical strategy for the diagnosis and treatment of immune checkpoint inhibitor-associated myocarditis: a narrative review.JAMA Cardiol. 2021; 6: 1329-1337
- Cardiovascular toxicities associated with immune checkpoint inhibitors: an observational, retrospective, pharmacovigilance study.Lancet Oncol. 2018; 19: 1579-1589
- Systematic analysis of drug-associated myocarditis reported in the World Health Organization pharmacovigilance database.Nat Commun. 2022; 13: 25
- 2020 ESC Guidelines for the management of acute coronary syndromes in patients presenting without persistent ST-segment elevation.Eur Heart J. 2021; 42: 1289-1367
- Abatacept for severe immune checkpoint inhibitor-associated myocarditis.N Engl J Med. 2019; 380: 2377-2379
- Reversal of immune-checkpoint inhibitor fulminant myocarditis using personalized-dose-adjusted abatacept and ruxolitinib: proof of concept.J Immunother Cancer. 2022; 10
- Electrocardiographic manifestations of immune checkpoint inhibitor myocarditis.Circulation. 2021; 144: 1521-1523
- Association of early electrical changes with cardiovascular outcomes in immune checkpoint inhibitor myocarditis.Arch Cardiovasc Dis. 2022; 115(5):315-330
- Immune checkpoint inhibitor-induced myositis, the earliest and most lethal complication among rheumatic and musculoskeletal toxicities.Autoimmun Rev. 2020; 19102586
- Neurologic toxicity associated with immune checkpoint inhibitors: a pharmacovigilance study.J Immunother Cancer. 2019; 7: 134
- Fatal toxic effects associated with immune checkpoint inhibitors: a systematic review and meta-analysis.JAMA Oncol. 2018; 4: 1721-1728
- Major adverse cardiovascular events and the timing and dose of corticosteroids in immune checkpoint inhibitor-associated myocarditis.Circulation. 2020; 141: 2031-2034
- Association between immune checkpoint inhibitors with cardiovascular events and atherosclerotic plaque.Circulation. 2020; 142: 2299-2311
- Acute coronary syndrome with immune checkpoint inhibitors: a proof-of-concept case and pharmacovigilance analysis of a life-threatening adverse event.Can J Cardiol. 2020; 36: 476-481
- By releasing the brakes with immunotherapy, are we accelerating atherosclerosis?.Circulation. 2020; 142: 2312-2315
- Acute coronary syndrome as a possible immune-related adverse event in a lung cancer patient achieving a complete response to anti-PD-1 immune checkpoint antibody.Ann Oncol. 2017; 28: 2893-2895
- Impairment of the programmed cell death-1 pathway increases atherosclerotic lesion development and inflammation.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011; 31: 1100-1107
- Contributions of PD-1/PD-L1 pathway to interactions of myeloid DCs with T cells in atherosclerosis.J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2009; 46: 169-176
- Targeting the immune system in atherosclerosis: JACC state-of-the-art review.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2019; 73: 1691-1706
- Cardiac troponin T versus cardiac troponin I for mortality risk prediction: is one biomarker better than the other?.Clin Biochem. 2020; 78: 40-41
- Immune checkpoint inhibitor myocarditis with normal cardiac magnetic resonance imaging: importance of cardiac biopsy and early diagnosis.Can J Cardiol. 2021; 37: 1654-1656
- Role of cardiac imaging in the diagnosis of immune checkpoints inhibitors related myocarditis.Front Oncol. 2021; 11640985
- Fulminant myocarditis with combination immune checkpoint blockade.N Engl J Med. 2016; 375: 1749-1755
- Immune checkpoint inhibitor associated myocarditis occurs in both high-grade and low-grade forms.Mod Pathol. 2020; 33: 99-108
- The pathology of myocardial infarction in the pre- and post-interventional era.Heart. 2006; 92: 1552-1556