- •Ovarian stimulation (OS) with letrozole for fertility preservation is efficient.
- •Follicular size at ovulation trigger influences oocyte maturation rate.
- •Standard OS seems safe in an adjuvant setting regardless of tumor endocrine status.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Breast cancer statistics, 2017, racial disparity in mortality by state.CA Cancer J Clin. 2017; 67: 439-448https://doi.org/10.3322/caac.21412
- Cancer statistics, 2021.CA Cancer J Clin. 2021; 71: 7-33https://doi.org/10.3322/caac.21654
- Cancer and fertility preservation: international recommendations from an expert meeting.BMC Med. 2016; 14: 1https://doi.org/10.1186/s12916-015-0545-7
- ESO-ESMO 4th international consensus guidelines for breast cancer in young women (BCY4).Ann Oncol. 2020; 31: 674-696https://doi.org/10.1016/j.annonc.2020.03.284
- Toxicity of chemotherapy and radiation on female reproduction.Clin Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 53: 727-739https://doi.org/10.1097/GRF.0b013e3181f96b54
- How do chemotherapeutic agents damage the ovary?.Hum Reprod Update. 2012; 18: 525-535https://doi.org/10.1093/humupd/dms022
- Childbearing attitudes and decisions of young breast cancer survivors: a systematic review.Hum Reprod Update. 2014; 20: 279-292https://doi.org/10.1093/humupd/dmt039
- ESHRE guideline: female fertility preservation.Hum Reprod Open. 2020; 2020 (hoaa052)
- Fertility preservation in patients with cancer: ASCO clinical practice guideline update.J Clin Oncol. 2018; 36: 1994-2001https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2018.78.1914
- Safety of fertility preservation by ovarian stimulation with letrozole and gonadotropins in patients with breast cancer: a prospective controlled study.J Clin Oncol. 2008; 26: 2630-2635https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2007.14.8700
- Estrogen carcinogenesis in breast cancer.N Engl J Med. 2006; 354: 270-282https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMra050776
- Fertility preservation in breast cancer patients: IVF and embryo cryopreservation after ovarian stimulation with tamoxifen.Hum Reprod. 2003; 18: 90-95https://doi.org/10.1093/humrep/deg045
- Letrozole reduces estrogen and gonadotropin exposure in women with breast cancer undergoing ovarian stimulation before chemotherapy.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2006; 91: 3885-3890https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2006-0962
- Letrozole-associated controlled ovarian hyperstimulation in breast cancer patients versus conventional controlled ovarian hyperstimulation in infertile patients: assessment of oocyte quality related biomarkers.Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2019; 17: 3https://doi.org/10.1186/s12958-018-0443-x
- Impact of letrozole supplementation during ovarian stimulation for fertility preservation in breast cancer patients.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol X. 2019; 4100049https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eurox.2019.100049
- Long-term safety of letrozone and gonadotropin stimulation for fertility preservation in women with breast cancer.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2016; jc20153878https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2015-3878
- Fertility preservation before breast cancer treatment appears unlikely to affect disease-free survival at a median follow-up of 43 months after fertility-preservation consultation.Cancer. 2020; 126: 487-495https://doi.org/10.1002/cncr.32546
- Efficacy and safety of controlled ovarian stimulation using GnRH antagonist protocols for emergency fertility preservation in young women with breast cancer-a prospective nationwide Swedish multicenter study.Hum Reprod. 2020; 35: 929-938https://doi.org/10.1093/humrep/deaa029
- Is ovarian recovery after chemotherapy in young patients with early breast cancer influenced by controlled ovarian hyperstimulation for fertility preservation or tumor characteristics? Results of a prospective study in 126 patients.Int J Cancer. 2022; https://doi.org/10.1002/ijc.33933
- Information needs and research priorities for fertility preservation in women with breast cancer: patients and experts' perspectives.Eur J Cancer Care. 2021; 30e13359https://doi.org/10.1111/ecc.13359
- Efficacy and safety of controlled ovarian stimulation with or without letrozole Co-administration for fertility preservation: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Front Oncol. 2020; 10574669https://doi.org/10.3389/fonc.2020.574669
- Is letrozole needed for controlled ovarian stimulation in patients with estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer?.Gynecol Endocrinol. 2013; 29: 993-996https://doi.org/10.3109/09513590.2013.819083
- A quantitative assessment of follicle size on oocyte developmental competence.Fertil Steril. 2008; 90: 684-690https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fertnstert.2007.02.011
- The effect of follicle size and homogeneity of follicular development on the morphokinetics of human embryos.J Assist Reprod Genet. 2017; 34: 895-903https://doi.org/10.1007/s10815-017-0935-1
- Progesterone levels in letrozole associated controlled ovarian stimulation for fertility preservation in breast cancer patients.Hum Reprod. 2015; 30: 2184-2189https://doi.org/10.1093/humrep/dev155
- Circulating tumor DNA to interrogate the safety of letrozole-associated controlled ovarian stimulation for fertility preservation in breast cancer patients.Front Oncol. 2021; 11686625https://doi.org/10.3389/fonc.2021.686625
- Minireview: progesterone regulation of proliferation in the normal human breast and in breast cancer: a tale of two scenarios?.Mol Endocrinol. 2015; 29: 1230-1242https://doi.org/10.1210/me.2015-1152
- Progesterone induces adult mammary stem cell expansion.Nature. 2010; 465: 803-807https://doi.org/10.1038/nature09091
- Long-term safety of pregnancy following breast cancer according to estrogen receptor status.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2018; 110: 426-429https://doi.org/10.1093/jnci/djx206