- •Intermittent sunitinib is used in platinum-refractory thymic epithelial tumours.
- •Continuous daily dose (CDD) sunitinib is used other cancers; no data exist in thymic epithelial tumours.
- •We retrospectively analysed data from patients receiving off-label CDD sunitinib.
- •CDD sunitinib schedule showed clinical efficacy and a favourable toxicity profile.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Best practices for the management of thymic epithelial tumors: a position paper by the Italian collaborative group for ThYmic MalignanciEs (TYME).Cancer Treat Rev. 2018 Dec; 71: 76-87
- The eighth edition TNM stage classification for thymic tumors: what do I need to know?.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2021 Apr 1; 161: 1524-1529
- The international association for the study of lung cancer thymic tumors staging project: the impact of the eighth edition of the union for international cancer control and American Joint Committee on cancer TNM stage classification of thymic tumors.J Thorac Oncol. 2020 Mar; 15: 436-447
- Narrative review of immunotherapy in thymic malignancies.Transl Lung Cancer Res. 2021 Jun; 10: 3001-3013
- Immunohistochemical expression of vascular endothelial growth factor A (VEGF), and its receptors (VEGFR1, 2) in normal and pathologic conditions of the human thymus.Ann Anat. 2008; 190: 238-245
- Thymic epithelial tumors express vascular endothelial growth factors and their receptors as potential targets of antiangiogenic therapy: a tissue micro array-based multicenter study.Lung Cancer. 2014 Aug; 85: 191-196
- Correlation between tumor angiogenesis and invasiveness in thymic epithelial tumors.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2002 Sep; 124: 493-498
- Sunitinib reverses type-1 immune suppression and decreases T-regulatory cells in renal cell carcinoma patients.Clin Cancer Res. 2008 Oct 15; 14: 6674-6682
- The novel role of tyrosine kinase inhibitor in the reversal of immune suppression and modulation of tumor microenvironment for immune-based cancer therapies.Cancer Res. 2009 Mar 15; 69: 2514-2522
- Lenvatinib in patients with advanced or metastatic thymic carcinoma (REMORA): a multicentre, phase 2 trial.Lancet Oncol. 2020 Jun; 21: 843-850
- Sunitinib in patients with chemotherapy-refractory thymoma and thymic carcinoma: an open-label phase 2 trial.Lancet Oncol. 2015 Feb; 16: 177-186
- Sunitinib in patients with advanced thymic malignancies: cohort from the French RYTHMIC network.Lung Cancer. 2016 Jul; 97: 99-104
- Sunitinib in the treatment of gastrointestinal stromal tumor: patient selection and perspectives.Onco Targets Ther. 2016; 9: 7573-7582
- Pharmacological management of gastrointestinal stromal tumours: an update on the role of sunitinib.Ann Oncol. 2010 Feb; 21: 208-215
- Relationship between exposure to sunitinib and efficacy and tolerability endpoints in patients with cancer: results of a pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic meta-analysis.Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2010 Jul; 66: 357-371
- Phase II study of sunitinib administered in a continuous once-daily dosing regimen in patients with cytokine-refractory metastatic renal cell carcinoma.J Clin Oncol. 2009 Sep 1; 27: 4068-4075
- RandomizEd phase II trial of Sunitinib four weeks on and two weeks off versus Two weeks on and One week off in metastatic clear-cell type REnal cell carcinoma: RESTORE trial.Ann Oncol. 2015 Nov; 26: 2300-2305
- Sunitinib administered on 2/1 schedule in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma: the RAINBOW analysis.Ann Oncol. 2016 Feb; 27: 366
- Phase II trial of continuous once-daily dosing of sunitinib as first-line treatment in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma.Cancer. 2012 Mar 1; 118: 1252-1259
- Randomized phase II trial of sunitinib on an intermittent versus continuous dosing schedule as first-line therapy for advanced renal cell carcinoma.J Clin Oncol. 2012 Apr 20; 30: 1371-1377
- Continuous daily dosing (CDD) of sunitinib malate (SU) compares favorably with intermittent dosing in pts with advanced GIST.J Clin Orthod. 2007 Jun 20; 25 (10015–10015)
- Clinical evaluation of continuous daily dosing of sunitinib malate in patients with advanced gastrointestinal stromal tumour after imatinib failure.Eur J Cancer. 2009 Jul 1; 45: 1959-1968