- •Study evaluating the effects of cationic amphiphilic antihistamines on immune checkpoint inhibitor therapy.
- •Cationic amphiphilic antihistamines were associated with survival benefits.
- •Effects not seen in patients who took cationic amphiphilic antihistamines before immune checkpoint inhibitor.
- •Benefits observed regardless of the generation of cationic amphiphilic antihistamines.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Cancer immunotherapy using checkpoint blockade.Science. Mar 23 2018; 359: 1350-1355https://doi.org/10.1126/science.aar4060
- Combining immune checkpoint inhibitors with chemotherapy in advanced solid tumours: a review.Eur J Cancer. Oct 13 2021; 158: 47-62https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejca.2021.09.013
- Estimation of the percentage of US patients with cancer who are eligible for and respond to checkpoint inhibitor immunotherapy drugs.JAMA Netw Open. May 3 2019; 2e192535https://doi.org/10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2019.2535
- Current strategies for intratumoural immunotherapy – beyond immune checkpoint inhibition.Eur J Cancer. Nov 2021; 157: 493-510https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejca.2021.08.004
- Overcoming cancer therapeutic bottleneck by drug repurposing.Signal Transduct Target Ther. 2020; 5 (2020/07/02): 113https://doi.org/10.1038/s41392-020-00213-8
- Integrated analysis of concomitant medications and oncological outcomes from PD-1/PD-L1 checkpoint inhibitors in clinical practice.J Immunother Cancer. Nov 2020; 8https://doi.org/10.1136/jitc-2020-001361
- Renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system inhibitors and survival in patients with hypertension treated with immune checkpoint inhibitors.Eur J Cancer. Mar 2022; 163: 108-118https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejca.2021.12.024
- Effect of concomitant medications with immune-modulatory properties on the outcomes of patients with advanced cancer treated with immune checkpoint inhibitors: development and validation of a novel prognostic index.Eur J Cancer. Jan 2021; 142: 18-28https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejca.2020.09.033
- The allergy mediator histamine confers resistance to immunotherapy in cancer patients via activation of the macrophage histamine receptor H1.Cancer Cell. Jan 10 2022; 40: 36-52.e9https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ccell.2021.11.002
- Repurposing cationic amphiphilic antihistamines for cancer treatment.EBioMedicine. Jul 2016; 9: 130-139https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ebiom.2016.06.013
- Baseline co-medications may alter the anti-tumoural effect of checkpoint inhibitors as well as the risk of immune-related adverse events.Eur J Cancer. Nov 2021; 157: 474-484https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejca.2021.08.036
- Transformation-associated changes in sphingolipid metabolism sensitize cells to lysosomal cell death induced by inhibitors of acid sphingomyelinase.Cancer Cell. Sep 9 2013; 24: 379-393https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ccr.2013.08.003
- Cell death induced by cationic amphiphilic drugs depends on lysosomal Ca(2+) release and cyclic AMP.Mol Cancer Ther. Sep 2019; 18: 1602-1614https://doi.org/10.1158/1535-7163.Mct-18-1406
- Antihistamines and ovarian cancer survival: nationwide cohort study and in vitro cell viability assay.J Natl Cancer Inst. Sep 1 2020; 112: 964-967https://doi.org/10.1093/jnci/djz217
- Improved survival in several cancers with use of H(1)-antihistamines desloratadine and loratadine.Transl Oncol. Apr 2021; 14101029https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tranon.2021.101029
- Generating real-world tumor burden endpoints from electronic health record data: comparison of RECIST, radiology-anchored, and clinician-anchored approaches for abstracting real-world progression in non-small cell lung cancer.Adv Ther. Aug 2019; 36: 2122-2136https://doi.org/10.1007/s12325-019-00970-1
- An exploratory analysis of real-world end points for assessing outcomes among immunotherapy-treated patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer.JCO Clin Cancer Inform. Jul 2019; 3: 1-15https://doi.org/10.1200/cci.18.00155
- Variable selection for propensity score models.Am J Epidemiol. Jun 15 2006; 163: 1149-1156https://doi.org/10.1093/aje/kwj149
- A comparison of 12 algorithms for matching on the propensity score.Stat Med. Mar 15 2014; 33: 1057-1069https://doi.org/10.1002/sim.6004
- Nivolumab in resected and unresectable metastatic melanoma: characteristics of immune-related adverse events and association with outcomes.Clin Cancer Res. Feb 15 2016; 22: 886-894https://doi.org/10.1158/1078-0432.Ccr-15-1136
- Association of cutaneous immune-related adverse events with increased survival in patients treated with anti-programmed cell death 1 and anti-programmed cell death ligand 1 therapy.JAMA Dermatol. Feb 1 2022; 158: 189-193https://doi.org/10.1001/jamadermatol.2021.5476
- Risk of cancer in patients with medically diagnosed hay fever or allergic rhinitis.Int J Cancer. Nov 15 2014; 135: 2397-2403https://doi.org/10.1002/ijc.28873
- PD-L1 degradation pathway and immunotherapy for cancer.Cell Death Dis. Nov 6 2020; 11: 955https://doi.org/10.1038/s41419-020-03140-2
- Differential regulation of PD-L1 expression by immune and tumor cells in NSCLC and the response to treatment with atezolizumab (anti-PD-L1).Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. Oct 23 2018; 115: E10119-E10126https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1802166115
- Statin safety and associated adverse events: a scientific statement from the american heart association.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. Feb 2019; 39: e38-e81https://doi.org/10.1161/atv.0000000000000073
- Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors versus angiotensin receptor blockers for primary hypertension.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. Aug 22 2014; 2014Cd009096https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD009096.pub2
- Safety of antihistamines in children.Drug Saf. 2001; 24: 119-147https://doi.org/10.2165/00002018-200124020-00003
- Safety of second generation antihistamines.Allergy Asthma Proc. Jan-Feb 2000; 21: 15-20https://doi.org/10.2500/108854100778249033
- Antihistamines for the common cold.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. Nov 29 2015; Cd009345https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD009345.pub2
- Trends in prescription medication use among children and adolescents-United States, 1999-2014.JAMA. May 15 2018; 319: 2009-2020https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2018.5690
- H1-Antihistamines: more relevant than ever in the treatment of allergic disorders.J Allergy Clin Immunol. Oct 2003; 112: S42-S52https://doi.org/10.1016/s0091-6749(03)01876-1