- •Trastuzumab deruxtecan showed to prolong survival in HER2-low breast cancer (BC).
- •No data exist on the clinical role of HER2-low expression in inflammatory BC (IBC).
- •We found more ER-expressing tumours among stage III HER2-low (versus HER2-zero) IBC.
- •As in non-IBC, no clear prognostic role emerged for HER2-low expression in IBC.
- •Our results do not support HER2-low as a distinct subtype of IBC.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Inflammatory breast carcinoma incidence and survival: the surveillance, epidemiology, and end results program of the National Cancer Institute, 1975-1992.Cancer. Jun 15 1998; 82: 2366-2372
- Trends in inflammatory breast carcinoma incidence and survival: the surveillance, epidemiology, and end results program at the National Cancer Institute.J Natl Cancer Inst. Jul 6 2005; 97: 966-975https://doi.org/10.1093/jnci/dji172
- Inflammatory breast cancer biology: the tumour microenvironment is key.Nat Rev Cancer. Aug 2018; 18: 485-499https://doi.org/10.1038/s41568-018-0010-y
- Molecular subtypes in patients with inflammatory breast cancer; a single center experience.J Buon. Jan-Feb 2015; 20: 35-39
- Trastuzumab deruxtecan (T-DXd) vs trastuzumab emtansine (T-DM1) in patients (Pts) with HER2+ metastatic breast cancer (mBC): results of the randomized phase III DESTINY-Breast03 study [abstract].Ann Oncol. 2021; 32 (Abstract LBA1)https://doi.org/10.1016/annonc/annonc741
- Trastuzumab deruxtecan (T-DXd; DS-8201a) vs. trastuzumab emtansine (T-DM1) in patients (pts) with HER2+ metastatic breast cancer (mBC): subgroup analyses from the randomized phase 3 study DESTINY-Breast03 [abstract].Cancer Res. 2022; 82 (Abstract GS3-01)https://doi.org/10.1158/1538-7445.SABCS21-GS3-01
- HER2-Low breast cancer: pathological and clinical landscape.J Clin Oncol. Jun 10 2020; 38: 1951-1962https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.19.02488
- Antitumor activity and safety of trastuzumab deruxtecan in patients with HER2-low-expressing advanced breast cancer: results from a phase ib study.J Clin Oncol. Jun 10 2020; 38: 1887-1896https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.19.02318
- Trastuzumab duocarmazine in locally advanced and metastatic solid tumours and HER2-expressing breast cancer: a phase 1 dose-escalation and dose-expansion study.Lancet Oncol. Aug 2019; 20: 1124-1135https://doi.org/10.1016/S1470-2045(19)30328-6
- RC48-ADC, a HER2-targeting antibody-drug conjugate, in patients with HER2-positive and HER2-low expressing advanced or metastatic breast cancer: a pooled analysis of two studies.J Clin Oncol. 2021; 39 (1022-1022)https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2021.39.15_suppl.1022
- Trastuzumab deruxtecan in previously treated HER2-low advanced breast cancer.N Engl J Med. 2022; (DOI: 10.1056/NEJMoa2203690)https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa2203690
- Clinical and molecular characteristics of HER2-low-positive breast cancer: pooled analysis of individual patient data from four prospective, neoadjuvant clinical trials.Lancet Oncol. Aug 2021; 22: 1151-1161https://doi.org/10.1016/s1470-2045(21)00301-6
- HER2-Low breast cancer: molecular characteristics and prognosis.Cancers. 2021; 13: 2824
- Clinical, pathological, and PAM50 gene expression features of HER2-low breast cancer.NPJ Breast Cancer. Jan 4 2021; 7: 1https://doi.org/10.1038/s41523-020-00208-2
- Evolution of low HER2 expression between early and advanced-stage breast cancer.Eur J Cancer. Mar 2022; 163: 35-43https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejca.2021.12.022
- Human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 testing in breast cancer: American society of clinical oncology/college of American pathologists clinical practice guideline focused update.J Clin Oncol. Jul 10 2018; 36: 2105-2122https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2018.77.8738
- Prognostic effect of low-level HER2 expression in patients with clinically negative HER2 status.Eur J Cancer. 2021; 155: 1-12https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejca.2021.06.033
- Prognostic and biologic significance of ERBB2-low expression in early-stage breast cancer.JAMA Oncol. 2022; (DOI:10.1001/jamaoncol.2022.2286)https://doi.org/10.1001/jamaoncol.2022.2286
- Clinical significance of HER2-low expression in early breast cancer: a nationwide study from the Korean Breast Cancer Society.Breast Cancer Res. 2022; 24: 22https://doi.org/10.1186/s13058-022-01519-x
- Landscape of HER2-low metastatic breast cancer (MBC): results from the Austrian AGMT_MBC-Registry.Breast Cancer Res. 2021; 23: 112https://doi.org/10.1186/s13058-021-01492-x
- The frequency of low HER2 expression in breast cancer and a comparison of prognosis between patients with HER2-low and HER2-negative breast cancer by HR status.Breast Cancer. Oct 7 2021; https://doi.org/10.1007/s12282-021-01303-3
- HER2-low status and response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in HER2 negative early breast cancer.Breast Cancer Res Treat. Nov 2021; 190: 155-163https://doi.org/10.1007/s10549-021-06365-7
- Prognostic impact of HER2-low expression in hormone receptor positive early breast cancer.Breast. Dec 2021; 60: 62-69https://doi.org/10.1016/j.breast.2021.08.016
- Prognostic value of HER2-low expression in non-metastatic triple-negative breast cancer and correlation with other biomarkers.Cancers. 2021; 13: 6059
- Impact of human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2) low status in response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in early breast cancer.Cureus. Feb 2022; 14e22330https://doi.org/10.7759/cureus.22330
- HER2 expression, copy number variation and survival outcomes in HER2-low non-metastatic breast cancer: an international multicentre cohort study and TCGA-METABRIC analysis.BMC Med. 2022; 20: 105https://doi.org/10.1186/s12916-022-02284-6
- A retrospective population-based comparison of HER2 immunohistochemistry and fluorescence in situ hybridization in breast carcinomas: impact of 2007 American Society of Clinical Oncology/College of American Pathologists criteria.Arch Pathol Lab Med. Feb 2014; 138: 213-219https://doi.org/10.5858/arpa.2012-0617-OA
- Examination of low ERBB2 protein expression in breast cancer tissue.JAMA Oncol. Apr 1 2022; 8: 1-4https://doi.org/10.1001/jamaoncol.2021.7239
- Trastuzumab deruxtecan for advanced breast cancer patients (ABC), regardless HER2 status: a phase II study with biomarkers analysis (DAISY) [abstract].Cancer Res. 2022; 82 (Abstract PD8-02)https://doi.org/10.1158/1538-7445.SABCS21-PD8-02
- Discerning subsets of breast cancer with very low and absent HER2 protein expression.Hum Pathol. Jun 4 2022; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.humpath.2022.05.019
- Quantification of HER family receptors in breast cancer.Breast Cancer Res. 2015; 17: 53https://doi.org/10.1186/s13058-015-0561-8
- Survival of women with inflammatory breast cancer: a large population-based study.Ann Oncol. Jun 2014; 25: 1143-1151https://doi.org/10.1093/annonc/mdu121
- Comparison of survival in non-metastatic inflammatory and other T4 breast cancers: a SEER population-based analysis.BMC Cancer. 2021; 21 (2021/02/06 https://doi.org/10.1186/s12885-021-07855-z): 138