- •Gene fusions do not excess 1% of patients with colorectal cancer (CRC).
- •Gene fusions are overrepresented in patients with MSI/RAS-BRAFWT CRC.
- •Most of gene fusions provide access to new therapeutic opportunities.
- •Our results support the use of a two-step algorithm for molecular screening.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- A human oncogene formed by the fusion of truncated tropomyosin and protein tyrosine kinase sequences.Nature. 1986; 319: 743-748
- Tropomyosin receptor kinase (TRK) biology and the role of NTRK gene fusions in cancer.Ann Oncol. 2019 Nov 1; 30 (Suppl_8): viii5-viii15
- Genomic context of NTRK1/2/3 fusion-positive tumours from a large real-world population.NPJ Precis Oncol. 2021 Jul 20; 5: 69
- ALK, ROS1, and NTRK rearrangements in metastatic colorectal cancer.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2017; 109
- Colorectal carcinomas containing hypermethylated MLH1 promoter and wild-type BRAF/KRAS are enriched for targetable kinase fusions.Cancer Res. 2019 Mar 15; 79: 1047-1053
- Identification of Targetable kinase alterations in patients with colorectal carcinoma that are preferentially associated with wild-type RAS/RAF.Mol Cancer Res. 2016; 14: 296-301
- Neuregulin 1 gene (NRG1). A potentially new targetable Alteration for the treatment of lung cancer.Cancers. 2021 Oct 9; 13: 5038
- Larotrectinib in patients with TRK fusion-positive solid tumours: a pooled analysis of three phase 1/2 clinical trials.Lancet Oncol. 2020; 21: 531-540
- Entrectinib in patients with advanced or metastatic NTRK fusion-positive solid tumours: integrated analysis of three phase 1–2 trials.Lancet Oncol. 2020; 21: 271-282
- MSI-High RAS-BRAF wild-type colorectal adenocarcinomas with MLH1 loss have a high frequency of targetable oncogenic gene fusions whose diagnoses are feasible using methods easy-to-implement in pathology laboratories.Hum Pathol. 2021 Aug; 114: 99-109
- Comprehensive analysis of oncogenic fusions in mismatch repair deficient colorectal carcinomas by sequential DNA and RNA next generation sequencing.J Transl Med. 2021; 19: 433
- RET fusions in a small subset of advanced colorectal cancers at risk of being neglected.Ann Oncol. 2018 Jun 1; 29: 1394-1401
- Recommendations for the use of next-generation sequencing (NGS) for patients with metastatic cancers: a report from the ESMO Precision Medicine Working Group.Ann Oncol. 2020 Nov; 31: 1491-1505
- The BRAF oncoprotein functions through the transcriptional repressor MAFG to mediate the CpG Island Methylator phenotype.Mol Cell. 2014; 55: 904-915
- Pembrolizumab in microsatellite-instability-high advanced colorectal cancer.N Engl J Med. 2020 Dec 3; 383: 2207-2218
- Real-time targeted genome profile Analysis of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomas identifies genetic alterations that might Be targeted with existing drugs or used as biomarkers.Gastroenterology. 2019; 156: 2242-2253 e2244