- •Pregnant breast cancer patients (PrBC) have similar survival as non-pregnant controls.
- •Pregnancy does not impact the effectiveness of chemotherapy for breast cancer.
- •This cohort study supports initiation of chemotherapy for PrBC when indicated.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The definition of pregnancy-associated breast cancer is outdated and should no longer be used.Lancet Oncol. 2021; 22: 753-754
- Breast cancer diagnosed during pregnancy: adapting recent advances in breast cancer care for pregnant patients.JAMA Oncol. 2015; 1: 1145-1153
- Cause-specific survival for women diagnosed with cancer during pregnancy or lactation: a registry-based cohort study.J Clin Oncol. 2009; 27: 45-51
- Prognosis of women with primary breast cancer diagnosed during pregnancy: results from an international collaborative study.J Clin Oncol. 2013; 31: 2532-2539
- Anatomical, physiological and metabolic changes with gestational age during normal pregnancy: a database for parameters required in physiologically based pharmacokinetic modelling.Clin Pharmacokinet. 2012; 51: 365-396
- Optimizing anticancer drug treatment in pregnant cancer patients: pharmacokinetic analysis of gestation-induced changes for doxorubicin, epirubicin, docetaxel and paclitaxel.Ann Oncol. 2014; 25: 2059-2065
- Population pharmacokinetics of docetaxel, paclitaxel, doxorubicin and epirubicin in pregnant women with cancer: a study from the international Network of cancer, infertility and pregnancy (INCIP).Clin Pharmacokinet. 2021; 60: 775-784
- Treatment of breast cancer during pregnancy: an observational study.Lancet Oncol. 2012; 13: 887-896
- 5-year overall survival after early breast cancer diagnosed during pregnancy: a retrospective case-control multicentre French study.Eur J Cancer. 2018; 95: 30-37
- Case control study of women treated with chemotherapy for breast cancer during pregnancy as compared with nonpregnant patients with breast cancer.Oncol. 2013; 18: 369-376
- Presentation, management and outcome of 32 patients with pregnancy-associated breast cancer: a matched controlled study.Breast J. 2009; 15: 461-467
- Breast cancer diagnosed in the post-weaning period is indicative for a poor outcome.Eur J Cancer. 2021; 155: 13-24
- An introduction to propensity score methods for reducing the effects of confounding in observational studies.Multivariate Behav Res. 2011; 46: 399-424
IVEware: imputation and variance estimation software, version 0.3. at https://www.src.isr.umich.edu/software/.
- Anthracyclines and taxanes in the neo/adjuvant treatment of breast cancer: does the sequence matter?.Ann Oncol. 2014; 25: 1079-1085
- Oncological management and obstetric and neonatal outcomes for women diagnosed with cancer during pregnancy: a 20-year international cohort study of 1170 patients.Lancet Oncol. 2018; 19: 337-346
- Pediatric outcome after maternal cancer diagnosed during pregnancy.N Engl J Med. 2015; 373: 1824-1834
- Child development at 6 years after maternal cancer diagnosis and treatment during pregnancy.Eur J Cancer. 2020; 138: 57-67
- Obstetric and maternal outcomes in patients diagnosed with Hodgkin lymphoma during pregnancy: a multicentre, retrospective, cohort study.Lancet Haematol. 2019; 6: e551-e561
- Trastuzumab administration during pregnancy: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2013; 137: 349-357
- Sequential versus concurrent trastuzumab in adjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2011; 29: 4491-4497
- Trastuzumab after adjuvant chemotherapy in HER2-positive breast cancer.N Engl J Med. 2005; 353: 1659-1672
- 11 years' follow-up of trastuzumab after adjuvant chemotherapy in HER2-positive early breast cancer: final analysis of the HERceptin Adjuvant (HERA) trial.Lancet. 2017; 389: 1195-1205
- Breast cancer, placenta and pregnancy.Eur J Cancer. 2019; 115: 68-78
- Estrogen carcinogenesis in breast cancer.N Engl J Med. 2006; 354: 270-282