ALK rearrangement occurs in approximately 3%–5% of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) [
]. Ensartinib is a potent new-generation ALK inhibitor with high activity and is well-tolerated in patients with crizotinib-resistant, ALK-positive NSCLC, including those with CNS metastases [
- Wu K.L.
- Chen H.L.
- Tsai Y.M.
- et al.
First-line anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK) inhibitors for ALK-positive lung cancer in asian populations: systematic review and network meta-analysis.
J Clin Med. Sep 25 2021; 10https://doi.org/10.3390/jcm10194376
]. Ensartinib represents a new first-line option for patients with ALK-positive NSCLC. And ensartinib had an acceptable safety profile: low proportions of patients required dose modifications or discontinued the study and most treatment-related adverse events were grade 1 or 22. Evidence of the effectiveness of ensartinib as neoadjuvant therapy in locally advanced NSCLC with ALK rearrangement is limited. At present, there are no case reports of ensartinib as neoadjuvant treatment. Here, we report a case of locally advanced adenocarcinoma harbouring ALK rearrangements with a pathological complete tumour response after ensartinib treatment.
- Yang Y.
- Zhou J.
- Zhou J.
- et al.
Efficacy, safety, and biomarker analysis of ensartinib in crizotinib-resistant, ALK-positive non-small-cell lung cancer: a multicentre, phase 2 trial.
Lancet Respir Med. Jan 2020; 8: 45-53https://doi.org/10.1016/s2213-2600(19)30252-8
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Cancer
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- First-line anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK) inhibitors for ALK-positive lung cancer in asian populations: systematic review and network meta-analysis.J Clin Med. Sep 25 2021; 10https://doi.org/10.3390/jcm10194376
- Efficacy, safety, and biomarker analysis of ensartinib in crizotinib-resistant, ALK-positive non-small-cell lung cancer: a multicentre, phase 2 trial.Lancet Respir Med. Jan 2020; 8: 45-53https://doi.org/10.1016/s2213-2600(19)30252-8
- Ensartinib (X-396) in ALK-positive non-small cell lung cancer: results from a first-in-human phase I/II, multicenter study.Clin Cancer Res : Off J Am Assoc Cancer Res. Jun 15 2018; 24: 2771-2779https://doi.org/10.1158/1078-0432.ccr-17-2398
- The emerging therapeutic landscape of ALK inhibitors in non-small cell lung cancer.Pharmaceuticals. Dec 18 2020; 13https://doi.org/10.3390/ph13120474
- Feasibility and safety of neoadjuvant alectinib in pulmonary invasive mucinous adenocarcinoma with ALK rearrangement: case report and literature review.OncoTargets Ther. 2021; 14: 5107-5113https://doi.org/10.2147/ott.s334213
Published online: May 11, 2022
Accepted: April 4, 2022
Received: March 27, 2022
© 2022 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.