- •The relative efficacy of treatments for cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma is unclear.
- •Immune checkpoint blockade is superior to other systemic treatments.
- •Immune checkpoint blockade sets a new survival benchmark.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Interventions for non-metastatic squamous cell carcinoma of the skin: systematic review and pooled analysis of observational studies.BMJ. 2013; 347: f6153
Dessinioti C, Pitoulias M, Stratigos AJ. Epidemiology of advanced cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol.36:39-50.
- Comparative efficacy of cemiplimab versus other systemic treatments for advanced cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma.Future Oncol. 2020; : 14
- Clinical outcomes among unresectable, locally advanced, and metastatic cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma patients treated with systemic therapy.Cancer Med. 2020; 9: 7381-7387
- FDA approves first treatment for advanced form of the second most common skin cancer.2020
- FDA approves pembrolizumab for cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma.2020
- Enhanced secondary analysis of survival data: reconstructing the data from published Kaplan-Meier survival curves.BMC Med Res Methodol. 2012; 12: 9
- Systemic treatment of patients with advanced cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma: response rates and outcomes of the regimes used.Eur J Cancer. 2020; 127: 108-117
- Phase II study of single-agent panitumumab in patients with incurable cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma.Ann Oncol. 2014; 25: 2047-2052
- Efficacy and tolerance of cetuximab alone or combined with chemotherapy in locally advanced or metastatic cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma: an open study of 14 patients.Dermatology. 2016; 232: 721-730
- Cetuximab is efficient and safe in patients with advanced cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma: a retrospective, multicentre study.Oncotarget. 2020; 11: 378-385
- Association of oncogenic mutations in patients with advanced cutaneous squamous cell carcinomas treated with cetuximab.JAMA Dermatol. 2017; 153: 291-298
- Phase II study of cetuximab as first-line single-drug therapy in patients with unresectable squamous cell carcinoma of the skin.J Clin Oncol. 2011; 29: 3419-3426
- Erlotinib in the treatment of recurrent or metastatic cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma: a single-arm phase 2 clinical trial.Cancer. 2018; 124: 2169-2173
- Gefitinib for patients with incurable cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma: a single-arm phase II clinical trial.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2017; 77: 1110-1113.e2
- Efficacy and safety of single-agent pan-human epidermal growth factor receptor (HER) inhibitor dacomitinib in locally advanced unresectable or metastatic skin squamous cell cancer.Eur J Cancer. 2018; 97: 7-15
- Efficacy of cetuximab in the treatment of squamous cell carcinoma.J Dermatol Treat. 2014; 25: 424-427
- Advanced cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma: real world data of patient profiles and treatment patterns.J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2019; 33: 44-51
- Locally advanced and unresectable cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma: outcomes of concurrent cetuximab and radiotherapy.J Skin Cancer. 2014; 2014: 284582
- Stage IV cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma: treatment outcomes in a series of 42 patients.J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2020; 34: 1202-1209
- Prospective study of definitive chemoradiation in locally and/or regionally advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the skin.Head Neck. 2016; 4: 679-683
- Programmed cell death protein 1 inhibitors in advanced cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma: real-world data of a retrospective, multicenter study.Eur J Cancer. 2020; 138: 125-132
- Pembrolizumab monotherapy for recurrent or metastatic cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma: a single-arm phase II trial (KEYNOTE-629).J Clin Oncol. 2020; 38: 2916-2925
- Real-world outcomes treating patients with advanced cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma with immune checkpoint inhibitors (CPI).Br J Cancer. 2020; 123: 1535-1542
- Phase II study of pembrolizumab as first-line, single-drug therapy for patients with unresectable cutaneous squamous cell carcinomas.J Clin Oncol. 2020; 38: 3051-3061
- Cemiplimab in locally advanced cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma: results from an open-label, phase 2, single-arm trial.Lancet Oncol. 2020; 21: 294-305
- Phase 2 study of cemiplimab in patients with metastatic cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma: primary analysis of fixed-dosing, long-term outcome of weight-based dosing.J Immunother Cancer. 2020; 8 (06)
- Where do we stand with immune checkpoint blockade for advanced cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma? A systematic review and critical appraisal of the existing evidence.Br J Dermatol. 2020; 183: 380-382
- Immune checkpoint blockade in advanced cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma: what do we currently know in 2020?.Int J Mol Sci. 2020; 21 (06)
- Tumor mutational burden and response rate to PD-1 inhibition.N Engl J Med. 2017; 377: 2500-2501
- Neoantigens in cancer immunotherapy.Science. 2015; 348: 69-74
- European interdisciplinary guideline on invasive squamous cell carcinoma of the skin: Part 2. Treatment.Eur J Cancer. 2020; 128: 83-102
- S3 guideline for actinic keratosis and cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma (cSCC) - short version, part 2: epidemiology, surgical and systemic treatment of cSCC, follow-up, prevention and occupational disease.J Dtsch Dermatol Ges. 2020; 18: 400-413
- Survival of patients with advanced metastatic melanoma: the impact of novel therapies.Eur J Cancer. 2016; 53: 125-134
- Survival of patients with advanced metastatic melanoma: the impact of MAP kinase pathway inhibition and immune checkpoint inhibition - update 2019.Eur J Cancer. 2020; 130: 126-138
- Survival of patients with advanced metastatic melanoma: the impact of novel therapies-update 2017.Eur J Cancer. 2017; 83: 247-257
- Performance of Salamanca refinement of the T3-AJCC8 versus the Brigham and Women's Hospital and Tübingen alternative staging systems for high-risk cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2021; 84: 938-945
- Validation of four cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma staging systems using nationwide data.Br J Dermatol. 2021; (Online ahead-of-print)
- PD-1 inhibition therapy for advanced cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma: a retrospective analysis from the University of Southern California.J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2020; 18: 18