- •Reporting of chimeric antigen receptor T-cell therapy (CART) on modified intention-to-treat analysis over-estimates efficacy.
- •CART trials often do not report on patients unable to receive intended therapy.
- •A substantial minority of patients on CART trials are unable to receive treatment.
- •On intention-to-treat analysis of CART trials, response rates are lower by 8–12%.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Anti-CD19 chimeric antigen receptor T-cell therapy in acute lymphocytic leukaemia: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Lancet Haematol. 2020; 7: e816-e826
- Axicabtagene ciloleucel CAR T-cell therapy in refractory large B-cell lymphoma.N Engl J Med. 2017; 377: 2531-2544
- Chimeric antigen receptor T cell therapy in multiple myeloma: promise and challenges.Bone Marrow Transplant. 2020 Jan; 56: 9-19
- Manufacturing chimeric antigen receptor T cells: issues and challenges.Cytotherapy. 2019; 21: 327-340
- Recent advances in allogeneic CAR-T cells.Biomolecules. 2020; 10
Novartis still hasn't solved its CAR-T manufacturing issues.
- The global chimeric antigen receptor T (CAR-T) cell therapy patent landscape.Nat Biotechnol. 2020; 38: 1387-1394
- The PRISMA statement for reporting systematic reviews and meta-analyses of studies that evaluate health care interventions: explanation and elaboration.J Clin Epidemiol. 2009; 62: e1-e34
- International Myeloma Working Group consensus criteria for response and minimal residual disease assessment in multiple myeloma.Lancet Oncol. 2016; 17: e328-e346
- Recommendations for initial evaluation, staging, and response assessment of Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin lymphoma: the Lugano classification.J Clin Oncol. 2014; 32: 3059-3068
- Meta-analysis in clinical trials revisited.Contemp Clin Trials. 2015; 45: 139-145
- The heterogeneity statistic I(2) can be biased in small meta-analyses.BMC Med Res Methodol. 2015; 15: 35
- Quantifying publication bias in meta-analysis.Biometrics. 2018; 74: 785-794
- Standard-of-Care axicabtagene ciloleucel for relapsed or refractory large B-cell lymphoma: results from the US lymphoma CAR T consortium.J Clin Oncol. 2020; 38: 3119-3128
- CAR T cells or allogeneic transplantation as standard of care for advanced large B-cell lymphoma: an intent-to-treat comparison.Blood Adv. 2020; 4: 6157-6168
- Diagnosis-to-Treatment interval is an important clinical factor in newly diagnosed diffuse large B-cell lymphoma and has implication for bias in clinical trials.J Clin Oncol. 2018; 36: 1603-1610
- Bispecific antibodies for multiple myeloma: a review of targets, drugs, clinical trials, and future directions.Front Immunol. 2020; 11: 501
- Universal: an allogeneic first-in-human study of the anti-bcma ALLO-715 and the anti-CD52 ALLO-647 in relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma.Blood. 2020; 136: 24-25
- Phase 1/2 study of the safety and response of P-BCMA-101 CAR-T cells in patients with relapsed/refractory (r/r) multiple myeloma (MM) (PRIME) with novel therapeutic strategies.Blood. 2020; 136: 29-30
- Cancer drugs approved on the basis of a surrogate end point and subsequent overall survival: an analysis of 5 Years of US food and drug administration approvals.JAMA Intern Med. 2015; 175: 1992-1994
- Anti-BCMA CAR T-cell therapy bb2121 in relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma.N Engl J Med. 2019; 380: 1726-1737
- Idecabtagene vicleucel (ide-cel, bb2121), a BCMA-directed CAR T cell therapy, in patients with relapsed and refractory multiple myeloma: updated results from phase 1 CRB-401 study.Blood. 2020; 136: 26-27
- Chimeric antigen receptors/genetically modified T-cells.Blood. 2016; 128
- Remission observed from a phase 1 clinical study of CAR-T therapy with safety switch targeting BCMA for patients with relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma.J Clin Oncol. 2018; 36
- JCARH125, anti-BCMA CAR T-cell therapy for relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma: initial proof of concept results from a phase 1/2 multicenter study (EVOLVE).Blood. 2018; 132: 2
- T cells genetically modified to express an anti-B-cell maturation antigen chimeric antigen receptor cause remissions of poor-prognosis relapsed multiple myeloma.J Clin Oncol. 2018; 36: 2267-2280
- Targeted chimeric antigen receptor T cells administered in a defined composition demonstrate potency at low doses in advanced stage high risk multiple myeloma.Blood. 2018; 132
- Potent anti-tumor activity of bcma CAR-T therapy against heavily treated multiple myeloma and dynamics of immune cell subsets using single-cell mass cytometry.Blood. 2019; 134: 1859
- A bispecific CAR-T cell therapy targeting bcma and CD38 for relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma: updated results from a phase 1 dose-climbing trial.Blood. 2019; 134: 930
- A combination of humanised anti-CD19 and anti-BCMA CAR T cells in patients with relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma: a single-arm, phase 2 trial.Lancet Haematol. 2019; 6: e521-e529
- Combination anti-BCMA and anti-CD19 CAR T cells as consolidation of response to prior therapy in multiple myeloma.Blood. 2019; 134: 1863
- B cell maturation antigen–specific CAR T cells are clinically active in multiple myeloma.J Clin Invest. 2019; 129: 2210-2221
- Long-term follow-up of a phase 1, first-in-human open-label study of LCAR-B38M, a structurally differentiated chimeric antigen receptor T (CAR-T) cell therapy targeting B-cell maturation antigen (BCMA), in patients (pts) with relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma (RRMM).Blood. 2019; 134: 579
- Efficacy and safety of CAR-T therapy with safety switch targeting BCMA for patients with relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma in a phase 1 clinical study.Blood. 2019; 134: 3154
- Phase 1 first-in-human study of AUTO2, the first chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T cell targeting april for patients with relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma (RRMM).Blood. 2019; 134: 3112
- Efficacy and safety of fully human bcma CAR T cells in combination with a gamma secretase inhibitor to increase Bcma surface expression in patients with relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma.Blood. 2019; 134
- T cells expressing an anti-B-cell maturation antigen (BCMA) chimeric antigen receptor with a fully-human heavy-chain-only antigen recognition domain induce remissions in patients with relapsed multiple myeloma.Blood. 2019; 1
- A phase 1 study of CT103A, a fully human bcma targeting car t cell, in subjects with relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma.HemaSphere. 2020; 4: 686
- Orvacabtagene autoleucel (Orva-cel), A B-cell maturation antigen-directed car t cell therapy for patients with relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma: update of the phase 1/2 evolve study.HemaSphere. 2020; 4: 418
- Updated results from an ongoing phase 1 clinical study of bb21217 anti-Bcma CAR T cell therapy.Blood. 2019; 134
- Idecabtagene vicleucel (ide-cel; bb2121), a BCMA-targeted CAR T-cell therapy, in patients with relapsed and refractory multiple myeloma (RRMM): initial KarMMa results.J Clin Oncol. 2020; 38
- The clinical study of anti-bcma car-t with humanized single-domain antibody.Cytotherapy. 2020; 22: S18
- Two-year follow-up of investigator-initiated phase 1 trials of the safety and efficacy of fully human anti-bcma CAR T cells (CT053) in relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma.Blood. 2020; 136: 27-28
- Phase 1/2 study of the safety and response of P-BCMA-101 CAR-T cells in patients with relapsed/refractory (r/r) multiple myeloma (MM) (PRIME) with novel therapeutic strategies.Blood. 2020; 136
- Results from CARTITUDE-1: a phase 1b/2 study of JNJ-4528, a CAR-T cell therapy directed against B-cell maturation antigen (BCMA), in patients with relapsed and/or refractory multiple myeloma (R/R MM).Blood. 2019; 134: 577
- Results from lummicar-2: a phase 1b/2 study of fully human B-cell maturation antigen-specific CAR T cells (CT053) in patients with relapsed and/or refractory multiple myeloma.Blood. 2020; 136: 28-29
- Clinical results of a multicenter study of the first-in-human dual BCMA and CD19 targeted novel platform fast CAR-T cell therapy for patients with relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma.Blood. 2020; 136: 5-6
- An anti-bcma CAR T-cell therapy (C-CAR088) shows promising safety and efficacy profile in relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma.Blood. 2020; 136