- •Docetaxel (D) and enzalutamide (E) have different mechanism of action.
- •They are efficacious in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC).
- •We compared their combination versus docetaxel alone in first-line mCRPC.
- •This combination increased the 6-month disease control rate by 15.3%.
- •We observed more grade III- toxicities in DE arm than in D arm.
Trial registration numbers
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Docetaxel plus prednisone or mitoxantrone plus prednisone for advanced prostate cancer.N Engl J Med. 2004; 351: 1502-1512
- Abiraterone and increased survival in metastatic prostate cancer.N Engl J Med. 2011; 364: 1995-2005
- Abiraterone in metastatic prostate cancer without previous chemotherapy.N Engl J Med. 2013; 368: 138-148
- Increased survival with enzalutamide in prostate cancer after chemotherapy.N Engl J Med. 2012; 367: 1187-1197
- Enzalutamide in men with chemotherapy-naive metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer: extended analysis of the phase 3 PREVAIL study.Eur Urol. 2017; 71: 151-154
- Alpha emitter radium-223 and survival in metastatic prostate cancer.N Engl J Med. 2013; 369: 213-223
- Epidemiology of patients with metastatic castrate resistant prostate cancer in Europe and Australia.Value Health. 2014; 17: A619
- Phase 1b study of abiraterone acetate plus prednisone and docetaxel in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer.Eur Urol. 2016; 70: 718-721
- Phase Ib study of enzalutamide in combination with docetaxel in men with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer.Clin Cancer Res. 2016; 22: 3774-3781
- End points and outcomes in castration-resistant prostate cancer: from clinical trials to clinical practice.J Clin Oncol. 2011; 29: 3695-3704
- New response evaluation criteria in solid tumours: revised RECIST guideline (version 1.1).Eur J Cancer. 2009; 45: 228-247
- Docetaxel and estramustine compared with mitoxantrone and prednisone for advanced refractory prostate cancer.N Engl J Med. 2004; 351: 1513-1520
- Design issues of randomized phase II trials and a proposal for phase II screening trials.J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23: 7199-7206
- Aflibercept versus placebo in combination with docetaxel and prednisone for treatment of men with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (VENICE): a phase 3, double-blind randomised trial.Lancet Oncol. 2013; 14: 760-768
- Docetaxel and prednisone with or without lenalidomide in chemotherapy-naive patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (MAINSAIL): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase 3 trial.Lancet Oncol. 2015; 16: 417-425
- Resistance to docetaxel in prostate cancer is associated with androgen receptor activation and loss of KDM5D expression.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016; 113: 6259-6264
- Current opinion and mechanistic interpretation of combination therapy for castration-resistant prostate cancer.Asian J Androl. 2019; 21: 270-278
- Phase I/II trial of cabazitaxel plus abiraterone in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC) progressing after docetaxel and abiraterone.Ann Oncol. 2017; 28: 90-95
- Phase II study of cabazitaxel (CAB) plus enzalutamide (ENZ) in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC).J Clin Oncol. 2020; 38: 86
- Enzalutamide with standard first-line therapy in metastatic prostate cancer.N Engl J Med. 2019; 381: 121-131