Merkel cell carcinoma (MCC) is an aggressive neuroendocrine skin cancer associated with poor prognosis. Patients are often diagnosed at a metastatic stage and the treatment which consisted until recently in polychemotherapy was associated with relatively high objective response rates (ORR ranging from 20 to 61%), but very few complete responses (CR) and short duration response (1.3–3.3 months) [
- Nghiem P.
- Kaufman H.L.
- Bharmal M.
- Mahnke L.
- Phatak H.
- Becker J.C.
Systematic literature review of efficacy, safety and tolerability outcomes of chemotherapy regimens in patients with metastatic Merkel cell carcinoma.
Future Oncol. 2017 Jun; 13 (Epub 2017 Mar 28. PMID: 28350180; PMCID: PMC6040046): 1263-1279https://doi.org/10.2217/fon-2017-0072
- Iyer J.G.
- Blom A.
- Doumani R.
- Lewis C.
- Tarabadkar E.S.
- Anderson A.
- et al.
Response rates and durability of chemotherapy among 62 patients with metastatic Merkel cell carcinoma.
Canc Med. 2016; 5: 2294-2301https://doi.org/10.1002/cam4.815
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Cancer
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Systematic literature review of efficacy, safety and tolerability outcomes of chemotherapy regimens in patients with metastatic Merkel cell carcinoma.Future Oncol. 2017 Jun; 13 (Epub 2017 Mar 28. PMID: 28350180; PMCID: PMC6040046): 1263-1279https://doi.org/10.2217/fon-2017-0072
- Response rates and durability of chemotherapy among 62 patients with metastatic Merkel cell carcinoma.Canc Med. 2016; 5: 2294-2301https://doi.org/10.1002/cam4.815
- Avelumab in patients with previously treated metastatic Merkel cell carcinoma: long-term data and biomarker analyses from the single-arm phase 2 JAVELIN Merkel 200 trial.J Immunother Canc. 2020 May; 8 (PMID: 32414862; PMCID: PMC7239697)e000674https://doi.org/10.1136/jitc-2020-000674
- Literature meta-analysis about the efficacy of re-challenge with PD-1 and PD-L1 inhibitors in cancer patients.Bull Cancer. 2020 Nov; 107 (Epub 2020 Oct 5. PMID: 33032816): 1098-1107https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bulcan.2020.07.009
- Retrospective multicenter analysis of the outcome of a Re-induction with immune checkpoint inhibitors in advanced merkel cell carcinoma. SN compr.Clin Med. 2020; 2: 2202-2207https://doi.org/10.1007/s42399-020-00488-6
Published online: June 18, 2021
Accepted: May 14, 2021
Received: April 6, 2021
© 2021 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.