- •High mortality rate related to coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) was observed in patients with cancer.
- •Cancer patients have high priority for COVID-19 vaccination for their vulnerability.
- •A refusal rate of 11.2% was found in our large cohort of eligible cancer patients.
- •Adequate information and clear regulatory decisions are required to promote vaccination.
Materials and methods
- Clinical impact of COVID-19 on patients with cancer (CCC19): a cohort study.Lancet. 2020; 395: 1907-1918
Agenzia Italiana del Farmaco. COVID-19 vaccines communications. https://www.aifa.gov.it/en/web/guest/-/covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca-benefits-still-outweigh-the-risks-despite-possible-link-to-rare-blood-clots-with-low-blood-platelets. Accessed April 15th, 2021.
- Acceptance of SARS-CoV-2 vaccination among French patients with cancer: a cross-sectional survey.Ann Oncol. 2021; 32 (773-674)
Open Online. Quanti sono i medici e infermieri No Vax negli ospedali? 35 mila non risultano ancora vaccinati: cosa non torna nelle stime basse dei sindacati https://www.open.online/2021/03/27/covid-19-medici-infermieri-no-vax-cosa-non-torna-stime-sindacati/. Accessed April 15th, 2021.
Corriere della Sera. Vaccini, il sondaggio di Pagnoncelli: italiani ora più cauti, ma il 52% è pronto a farlo subito https://www.corriere.it/politica/21_marzo_20/vaccini-italiani-ora-piu-cauti-ma-52percento-pronto-farlo-subito-73dbdf34-88e5-11eb-9214-48facb37773c.s.html. Accessed April 15th, 2021.
- SARS-CoV-2 vaccines for cancer patients: a call to action.Eur J Canc. 2021 May; 148: 316-327