- •Large-scale real-world data showed longer progression-free survival of alectinib than crizotinib.
- •But, propensity score analysis of overall survival could not show the superiority of alectinib.
- •Poor responders to crizotinib had poorer response also to alectinib.
- •Ceritinib or lorlatinib showed activity even after crizotinib or alectinib therapy.
- •Meanwhile, immunotherapy could not show clinical benefit in our data.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- NCCN guidelines insights: non-small cell lung cancer, version 5.2018.J Natl Compr Canc Netw : J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2018; 16: 807-821
- Metastatic non-small cell lung cancer: ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines for diagnosis, treatment and follow-up.Ann Oncol : official journal of the European Society for Medical Oncology. 2019; 30: 863-870
- First-line crizotinib versus chemotherapy in ALK-positive lung cancer.N Engl J Med. 2014; 371: 2167-2177
- Alectinib in ALK-positive, crizotinib-resistant, non-small-cell lung cancer: a single-group, multicentre, phase 2 trial.Lancet Oncol. 2016; 17: 234-242
- CH5424802 (RO5424802) for patients with ALK-rearranged advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (AF-001JP study): a single-arm, open-label, phase 1–2 study.Lancet Oncol. 2013; 14: 590-598
- Alectinib versus crizotinib in untreated Asian patients with anaplastic lymphoma kinase-positive non-small-cell lung cancer (ALESIA): a randomised phase 3 study.The Lancet Respiratory Medicine. 2019; 7: 437-446
- Alectinib versus crizotinib in patients with ALK -positive non-small-cell lung cancer (J-ALEX): an open-label, randomised phase 3 trial.Lancet. 2017; 390: 29-39
- Alectinib versus crizotinib in untreated ALK-positive non-small-cell lung cancer.N Engl J Med. 2017; 377: 829-838
- Updated efficacy and safety data and impact of the EML4-ALK fusion variant on the efficacy of alectinib in untreated ALK-positive advanced non-small cell lung cancer in the global phase III ALEX study.J Thorac Oncol. 2019; 14: 1233-1243
- Updated overall survival and final progression-free survival data for patients with treatment-naive advanced ALK-positive non-small-cell lung cancer in the ALEX study.Ann Oncol. 2020; 31: 1056-1064
- Sequential therapy with crizotinib and alectinib in ALK-rearranged non-small cell lung cancer-A multicenter retrospective study.J Thorac Oncol. 2017; 12: 390-396
- Activity of second-generation ALK inhibitors against crizotinib-resistant mutants in an NPM-ALK model compared to EML4-ALK.Cancer Med. 2015; 4: 953-965
- Molecular mechanisms of resistance to first- and second-generation ALK inhibitors in ALK-rearranged lung cancer.Canc Discov. 2016; 6: 1118-1133
- ALK resistance mutations and efficacy of lorlatinib in advanced anaplastic lymphoma kinase-positive non-small-cell lung cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2019; 37: 1370-1379
- Defining molecular risk in ALK(+) NSCLC.Oncotarget. 2019; 10: 3093-3103
- EML4-ALK fusion variant V3 is a high-risk feature conferring accelerated metastatic spread, early treatment failure and worse overall survival in ALK(+) non-small cell lung cancer.Int J Canc. 2018; 142: 2589-2598
- Impact of TP53 mutation status on systemic treatment outcome in ALK-rearranged non-small-cell lung cancer.Ann Oncol. 2018; 29: 2068-2075
- Identification of a highly lethal V3(+) TP53(+) subset in ALK(+) lung adenocarcinoma.Int J Canc. 2019; 144: 190-199