- •The impact of ARID1A mutations was analysed using 7978 colorectal cancer samples.
- •ARID1A mutation was linked to immune activation, right-sided tumour and early stage.
- •ARID1A mutation may be a biomarker for chemotherapy/radiotherapy and targeted therapy.
Abbreviations:CRC (colorectal cancer), CTL (cytotoxic T lymphocyte), IHC (immunohistochemistry), Mb (megabase), MSI (microsatellite instability), MSI-H (MSI-high), MSI-L (MSI-low), MSS (microsatellite stable), NGS (next-generation sequencing), PD-L1 (programmed death ligand 1), TMB (tumour mutational burden), TMB-H (TMB-high)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- ARID1A mutations in cancer: another epigenetic tumor suppressor?.Canc Discov. 2013; 3: 35-43
- SWI/SNF factors required for cellular resistance to DNA damage include ARID1A and ARID1B and show interdependent protein stability.Canc Res. 2014; 74: 2465-2475
- SWI/SNF nucleosome remodellers and cancer.Nat Rev Canc. 2011; 11: 481-492
- ARID1A: a potential prognostic factor for breast cancer.Tumour Biol. 2014; 35: 4813-4819
- Prognostic role and implications of mutation status of tumor suppressor gene ARID1A in cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Oncotarget. 2015; 6: 39088-39097
- Somatic mutations in the chromatin remodeling gene ARID1A occur in several tumor types.Hum Mutat. 2012; 33: 100-103
- Primary, adaptive, and acquired resistance to cancer immunotherapy.Cell. 2017; 168: 707-723
- Predictive biomarkers for checkpoint inhibitor-based immunotherapy.Lancet Oncol. 2016; 17: e542-e551
- PD-1 blockade in tumors with mismatch-repair deficiency.N Engl J Med. 2015; 372: 2509-2520
- Nivolumab plus ipilimumab in lung cancer with a high tumor mutational burden.N Engl J Med. 2018; 378: 2093-2104
- Pembrolizumab for the treatment of non-small-cell lung cancer.N Engl J Med. 2015; 372: 2018-2028
- ARID1A deficiency promotes mutability and potentiates therapeutic antitumor immunity unleashed by immune checkpoint blockade.Nat Med. 2018; 24: 556-562
- Genomic correlates of immune-cell infiltrates in colorectal carcinoma.Cell Rep. 2016; 15: 857-865
- Clinical sequencing defines the genomic landscape of metastatic colorectal cancer.Canc Cell. 2018; 33 (e3): 125-136
- Integrative analysis of complex cancer genomics and clinical profiles using the cBioPortal.Sci Signal. 2013; 6: l1
- Estimating the population abundance of tissue-infiltrating immune and stromal cell populations using gene expression.Genome Biol. 2016; 17: 218
- The consensus molecular subtypes of colorectal cancer.Nat Med. 2015; 21: 1350-1356
- SWI/SNF complex in cancer.Nat Genet. 2017; 49: 178-179
- ARID1A loss in cancer: towards a mechanistic understanding.Pharmacol Ther. 2018; 190: 15-23
- Pan-tumor genomic biomarkers for PD-1 checkpoint blockade-based immunotherapy.Science. 2018; 362
- Loss of ARID1A expression is associated with poor prognosis in patients with gastric cancer.Hum Pathol. 2018; 78: 28-35
- ARID1A loss impairs enhancer-mediated gene regulation and drives colon cancer in mice.Nat Genet. 2017; 49: 296-302
- SWI/SNF component ARID1A restrains pancreatic neoplasia formation.Gut. 2019; 68: 1259-1270
- EGFR-mutant lung adenocarcinomas mutation profiles reveal ARID1A might be a novel tyrosine kinase resistance pathway.Canc Res. 2018; 78 (Supplement, pp. LB-196)
- Understanding the role of primary tumour localisation in colorectal cancer treatment and outcomes.Eur J Canc. 2017; 84: 69-80
- A modeling approach to explain mutually exclusive and Co-occurring genetic alterations in bladder tumorigenesis.Canc Res. 2015; 75: 4042-4052
- ARID1A deficiency impairs the DNA damage checkpoint and sensitizes cells to PARP inhibitors.Canc Discov. 2015; 5: 752-767
- Genetic mechanisms of immune evasion in colorectal cancer.Canc Discov. 2018; 8: 730-749
- The benefit of microsatellite instability is attenuated by chemotherapy in stage II and stage III gastric cancer: results from a large cohort with subgroup analyses.Int J Canc. 2015; 137: 819-825
- Repurposing pan-HDAC inhibitors for ARID1A-mutated ovarian cancer.Cell Rep. 2018; 22: 3393-3400
- Synthetic lethality by targeting EZH2 methyltransferase activity in ARID1A-mutated cancers.Nat Med. 2015; 21: 231-238
- ARID1A mutation sensitizes most ovarian clear cell carcinomas to BET inhibitors.Oncogene. 2018 Aug; 37: 4611-4625
☆Use of standardised official symbols: In this study, Human Genome Organisation (HUGO)–approved official symbols for genes and gene products were used: all of which are described at www.genenames.org.