- •Sentinel node mapping allows identification of extrauterine (i.e. lymphatic) disease.
- •Cervical (CI) and hysteroscopic (HI) injections are to perform sentinel node mapping.
- •CI and HI injections provide a similar detection rate in the para-aortic area.
- •In comparison with HI injection, CI injection correlates with a higher pelvic sentinel node detection rate.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Global cancer statistics 2018: GLOBOCAN estimates of incidence and mortality worldwide for 36 cancers in 185 countries.CA Cancer J Clin. 2018; 68: 394-424https://doi.org/10.3322/caac.21492
- Colorectal cancer statistics, 2020.CA Cancer J Clin. 2020; 70: 145-164https://doi.org/10.3322/caac.21601
- Quality of life of patients with endometrial cancer undergoing laparoscopic international federation of gynecology and obstetrics staging compared with laparotomy: a Gynecologic Oncology Group study [published correction appears in.J Clin Oncol. 2009; 27 (J Clin Oncol. 2010 Jun 1;28(16):2805]): 5337-5342https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2009.22.3529
- ACOG practice bulletin, clinical management guidelines for obstetrician-gynecologists, number 65, August 2005: management of endometrial cancer.Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 106: 413-425
- Phase III trial to confirm the superiority of pelvic and para-aortic lymphadenectomy to pelvic lymphadenectomy alone for endometrial cancer: Japan Clinical Oncology Group Study 1412 (SEPAL-P3).Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2017 Oct 1; 47: 986-990https://doi.org/10.1093/jjco/hyx108
- ESMO-ESGO-ESTRO consensus conference on endometrial cancer: diagnosis, treatment and follow-up.Radiother Oncol. 2015; 117: 559-581https://doi.org/10.1016/j.radonc.2015.11.013
- Systematic pelvic lymphadenectomy vs. no lymphadenectomy in early-stage endometrial carcinoma: randomized clinical trial.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2008; 100: 1707-1716https://doi.org/10.1093/jnci/djn397
- Efficacy of systematic pelvic lymphadenectomy in endometrial cancer (MRC ASTEC trial): a randomised study [published correction appears in Lancet.Lancet. 2009; 373 (2009 May 23;373(9677):1764]): 125-136https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(08)61766-3
- Hysteroscopic injection of tracers in sentinel node detection of endometrial cancer: a feasibility study.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004 Aug; 191: 435-439
- Sentinel node mapping using hysteroscopic injection of indocyanine green and laparoscopic near-infrared fluorescence imaging in endometrial cancer staging.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2015 Jan; 22 (Epub 2014 Aug 15): 132-133https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmig.2014.08.009
- Does the adoption of sentinel node mapping allow to design a new trial testing the value of retroperitoneal staging in endometrial cancer?.J Gynecol Oncol. 2019; 30: e68https://doi.org/10.3802/jgo.2019.30.e68
- Detection rate and diagnostic accuracy of sentinel-node biopsy in early stage endometrial cancer: a prospective multicentre study (SENTI-ENDO).Lancet Oncol. 2011; 12: 469-476https://doi.org/10.1016/S1470-2045(11)70070-5
- Comparison of a sentinel lymph node and a selective lymphadenectomy algorithm in patients with endometrioid endometrial carcinoma and limited myometrial invasion.Gynecol Oncol. 2016; 140: 394-399https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygyno.2015.12.028
- Comparison of a sentinel lymph node mapping algorithm and comprehensive lymphadenectomy in the detection of stage IIIC endometrial carcinoma at higher risk for nodal disease.Gynecol Oncol. 2017; 147: 541-548https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygyno.2017.09.030
- NCCN clinical practice guidelines in oncology, uterine neoplasms. version 1.2020.2020 (Available:)
- Sentinel lymph node mapping in endometrial cancer - areas where further research is needed.Int J Gynecol Canc. 2020 Jan 17; (pii: ijgc-2019-001089)https://doi.org/10.1136/ijgc-2019-001089
- Pelvic sentinel lymph node biopsy in endometrial cancer-a simplified algorithm based on histology and lymphatic anatomy.Int J Gynecol Canc. 2020; 30: 339-345https://doi.org/10.1136/ijgc-2019-000935
- Sentinel node mapping in endometrial cancer following Hysteroscopic injection of tracers: a single center evaluation over 200 cases.Gynecol Oncol. 2017 Sep; 146 (Epub 2017 Jul 5): 525-530https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygyno.2017.06.014
- Sentinel node mapping vs. lymphadenectomy in endometrial cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Gynecol Oncol. 2019; 153: 676-683https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygyno.2019.03.254
- A comparison of sentinel lymph node biopsy to lymphadenectomy for endometrial cancer staging (FIRES trial): a multicentre, prospective, cohort study.Lancet Oncol. 2017; 18: 384-392https://doi.org/10.1016/S1470-2045(17)30068-2
- Diagnostic accuracy of sentinel node in endometrial cancer by using hysteroscopic injection of radiolabeled tracer.Gynecol Oncol. 2012; 126: 419-423
- Sentinel lymph node detection following the hysteroscopic peritumoural injection of 99mTc-labelled albumin nanocolloid in endometrial cancer.Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imag. 2005; 32: 569-574
- Podratz KC Endometrial carcinoma: paraaortic dissemination.Gynecol Oncol. 2004 Mar; 92: 833-838
- Communities of Practice (CoP) Group of Society of Gynecologic Oncology of Canada (GOC). Sentinel lymph node procedure in endometrial cancer: a systematic review and proposal for standardization of future research.Gynecol Oncol. 2015; 138: 478-485https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygyno.2015.05.039
- Near-infrared fluorescence for detection of sentinel lymph nodes in women with cervical and uterine cancers (FILM): a randomised, phase 3, multicentre, non-inferiority trial.Lancet Oncol. 2018; 19: 1394-1403https://doi.org/10.1016/S1470-2045(18)30448-0
- The Clavien-Dindo classification of surgical complications: five-year experience.Ann Surg. 2009; 250: 187-196https://doi.org/10.1097/SLA.0b013e3181b13ca2
- Cervical versus endometrial injection for sentinel lymph node detection in endometrial cancer: a randomized clinical trial.Int J Gynecol Canc. 2020; 30: 325-331https://doi.org/10.1136/ijgc-2019-000860
- Detection of sentinel nodes for endometrial cancer with robotic assisted fluorescence imaging: cervical versus hysteroscopic injection.Int J Gynecol Canc. 2013; 23: 1704-1711https://doi.org/10.1097/IGC.0b013e3182a616f6
- Pelvic Sentinel lymph node detection in High-Risk Endometrial Cancer (SHREC-trial)-the final step towards a paradigm shift in surgical staging.Eur J Canc. 2019; 116: 77-85
- Description of a reproducible anatomically based surgical algorithm for detection of pelvic sentinel lymph nodes in endometrial cancer.Gynecol Oncol. 2017; 147: 120-125https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygyno.2017.07.131
- Survival outcomes in endometrial cancer patients having lymphadenectomy, sentinel node mapping followed by lymphadectomy and sentinel node mapping alone: long-term results of a propensity-matched analysis.Gynecol Oncol. 2020; 158: 77-83https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygyno.2020.04.691
- Incorporating robotic-assisted surgery for endometrial cancer staging: analysis of morbidity and costs.Gynecol Oncol. 2016; 141: 218-224https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygyno.2016.02.016
- Lymphoceles, lymphorrhea, and lymphedema after laparoscopic and open endometrial cancer staging.Ann Surg Oncol. 2012; 19: 259-267https://doi.org/10.1245/s10434-011-1854-5