- •Mucosal melanomas of ano-uro-genital structures are rare malignancies with poor prognoses.
- •Owing to their rarity, there is limited evidence in the literature to guide clinical decision making.
- •We provide a summary of the evidence and recommendations for the management of AUG melanoma.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Epidemiology and survival outcomes of ocular and mucosal melanomas: a population-based analysis.Int J Cancer. 2014; 134: 2961-2971
- Anorectal malignant melanoma: extensive 45-year review and proposal for a novel staging classification.J Am Coll Surg. 2013; 217: 324-335
- Effect of misdiagnosis on the prognosis of anorectal malignant melanoma.J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2010; 136: 1401-1405
- Malignant melanoma of the vagina: a case report and review of the literature.Oncol Lett. 2014; 8: 1585-1588
- Sphincter-sparing local excision and hypofractionated radiation therapy for anorectal melanoma: a 20-year experience.Cancer. 2011; 117: 4747-4755
- Melanoblasts in vaginal mucosa. Origin for primary malignant melanoma.Cancer. 1964; 17: 912-913
- Population-based incidence of vulvar and vaginal melanoma in various races and ethnic groups with comparisons to other site-specific melanomas.Melanoma Res. 2010; 20: 153-158
- Primary malignant melanoma of the vagina: a case report and review of the current treatment options.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2005; 121: 243-248
- Melanoma of the penis, scrotum and male urethra: a 40-year single institution experience.J Urol. 2005; 173: 1958-1965
- Penile primary melanoma: analysis of 6 patients treated at Brazilian National Cancer Institute in the last eight years.Int Braz J Urol. 2013; 39: 823-831
- Emerging strategies in systemic therapy for the treatment of melanoma.Am Soc Clin Oncol Educ Book. 2018; 38: 751-758
- BRAF, NRAS and C-KIT advanced melanoma: clinico-pathological features, targeted-therapy strategies and survival.Anticancer Res. 2017; 37: 7043-7048
- Melanoma subtypes: genomic profiles, prognostic molecular markers and therapeutic possibilities.J Pathol. 2019; 247: 539-551