Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is an aggressive disease which is considered incurable with conventional therapy. Novel agents approved in this indication include bortezomib, lenalidomide and bruton tyrosine kinase (BTK) inhibitors (ibrutinib, acalabrutinib and zanubrutinib). However, for many patients, the durability of response with these drugs is limited [
]. Thus, new therapies are needed.
- Cheah C.Y.
- Seymour J.F.
- Wang M.L.
Mantle cell lymphoma.
J Clin Oncol. 2016; 34: 1256-1269https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2015.63.5904
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Cancer
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Mantle cell lymphoma.J Clin Oncol. 2016; 34: 1256-1269https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2015.63.5904
- KTE-X19 CAR T-cell therapy in relapsed or refractory mantle-cell lymphoma.N Engl J Med. 2020; 382: 1331-1342
- Long-term safety and activity of axicabtagene ciloleucel in refractory large B-cell lymphoma (ZUMA-1): a single-arm, multicentre, phase 1–2 trial.Lancet Oncol. 2019; 20: 31-42https://doi.org/10.1016/S1470-2045(18)30864-7
- Patients with mantle cell lymphoma failing ibrutinib are unlikely to respond to salvage chemotherapy and have poor outcomes.Ann Oncol. 2015; 26: 1175-1179https://doi.org/10.1093/annonc/mdv111
- Postibrutinib outcomes in patients with mantle cell lymphoma.Blood. 2016; 127: 1559-1563https://doi.org/10.1182/blood-2015-10-673145
- Long-term outcomes and mutation profiling of patients with mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) who discontinued ibrutinib.Br J Haematol. 2018; 183: 578-587https://doi.org/10.1111/bjh.15567
- Predictive factors and outcomes for ibrutinib therapy in relapsed/refractory mantle cell lymphoma—a “real world” study.Hematol Oncol. 2017; 35: 528-535https://doi.org/10.1002/hon.2380
- Ibrutinib versus temsirolimus in patients with relapsed or refractory mantle-cell lymphoma: an international, randomised, open-label, phase 3 study.Lancet. 2016; 387: 770-778https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(15)00667-4
- Observational study of lenalidomide in patients with mantle cell lymphoma who relapsed/progressed after or were refractory/intolerant to ibrutinib (MCL-004).J Hematol Oncol. 2017; 10: 171
- Efficacy of R-BAC in relapsed, refractory mantle cell lymphoma post BTK inhibitor therapy.Br J Haematol. 2019; : 1-5https://doi.org/10.1111/bjh.16416
- Efficacy of venetoclax monotherapy in patients with relapsed, refractory mantle cell lymphoma after Bruton tyrosine kinase inhibitor therapy.Haematologica. 2019; 104: e68-e71https://doi.org/10.3324/haematol.2018.198812
Published online: April 10, 2020
Accepted: March 4, 2020
Received: March 3, 2020
© 2020 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.