Tumour-infiltrating lymphocytes (TILs) are an emerging biomarker in breast cancer (BC) [
- Savas P.
- Salgado R.
- Denkert C.
- Sotiriou C.
- Darcy P.K.
- Smyth M.J.
- et al.
Clinical relevance of host immunity in breast cancer: from TILs to the clinic.
Nat Rev Clin Oncol. 2016; 13: 228-241
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Cancer
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Clinical relevance of host immunity in breast cancer: from TILs to the clinic.Nat Rev Clin Oncol. 2016; 13: 228-241
- Prognostic and predictive value of tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes in a phase III randomized adjuvant breast cancer trial in node-positive breast cancer comparing the addition of docetaxel to doxorubicin with doxorubicin-based chemotherapy: big 02-98.J Clin Oncol : official journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology. 2013; 31: 860-867
- Tumour-infiltrating lymphocytes and prognosis in different subtypes of breast cancer: a pooled analysis of 3771 patients treated with neoadjuvant therapy.Lancet Oncol. 2018; 19: 40-50
- Prognostic value of tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes in triple-negative breast cancers from two phase III randomized adjuvant breast cancer trials: ECOG 2197 and ECOG 1199.J Clin Oncol : official journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology. 2014; 32: 2959-2966
- Tumor infiltrating lymphocytes are prognostic in triple negative breast cancer and predictive for trastuzumab benefit in early breast cancer: results from the FinHER trial.Ann Oncol : official journal of the European Society for Medical Oncology/ESMO. 2014; 25: 1544-1550
- Tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes and associations with pathological complete response and event-free survival in HER2-positive early-stage breast cancer treated with lapatinib and trastuzumab: a secondary analysis of the NeoALTTO trial.JAMA oncology. 2015; 1: 448-454
- Tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes (TILs) are a powerful prognostic marker in patients with triple-negative breast cancer enrolled in the IBCSG phase III randomized clinical trial 22-00.Breast Canc Res Treat. 2016; 158: 323-331
- Tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes and prognosis: a pooled individual patient Analysis of early-stage triple-negative breast cancers.J Clin Oncol : official journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology. 2019; 37: 559-569
- Variation in the incidence and magnitude of tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes in breast cancer subtypes: a systematic review.JAMA oncology. 2016; 2: 1354-1360
- Update on tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes (TILs) in breast cancer, including recommendations to assess TILs in residual disease after neoadjuvant therapy and in carcinoma in situ: a report of the International Immuno-Oncology Biomarker Working Group on Breast Cancer.Semin Cancer Biol. 2018; 52: 16-25
- Prognostic value of tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes in patients with early-stage triple-negative breast cancers (TNBC) who did not receive adjuvant chemotherapy.Ann Oncol. 2019 Dec 1; 30: 1941-1949https://doi.org/10.1093/annonc/mdz395
- Estimating the benefits of therapy for early stage breast cancer the St gallen international Consensus guidelines for the primary therapy of early breast cancer 2019.Annals of Oncol: Official J European Soci Med Oncol/ESMO. 2019;
- BRCA gene mutations do not shape the extent and organization of tumor infiltrating lymphocytes in triple negative breast cancer.Cancer Lett. 2019; 450: 88-97
- Multifactorial analysis of differences between sporadic breast cancers and cancers involving BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations.J Natl Cancer Inst. 1998; 90: 1138-1145
- Evaluation of tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes and association with prognosis in BRCA-mutated breast cancer.Acta Oncol. 2019; 58: 363-370
- High-dose chemotherapy with hematopoietic stem-cell rescue for high-risk breast cancer.N Engl J Med. 2003; 349: 7-16
- Tumour-infiltrating lymphocytes (TILs) and BRCA-like status in stage III breast cancer patients randomized to adjuvant intensified platinum-based chemotherapy versus conventional chemotherapy.Eur J Cancer. 2020; 127: 240-250
Published online: January 20, 2020
Accepted: December 9, 2019
Received: December 5, 2019
© 2019 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.