- •Melanoma classification according to the 8th edition American Joint Committee on Cancer (AJCC8) does not improve discriminatory ability compared with the 7th edition American Joint Committee on Cancer (AJCC7).
- •Five-year melanoma-specific survival (MSS) of stages IIB/IIC is lower than that of IIIA.
- •MSS is worse in all substages than results of the International Melanoma Database and Discovery Platform cohort.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Melanoma. Lancet. 2018; 392: 971-984
- Melanoma staging: evidence-based changes in the American Joint Committee on Cancer eighth edition cancer staging manual.CA Cancer J Clin. 2017; 67: 472-492
- The new 8th edition of TNM staging and its implications for skin cancer: a review by the British Association of Dermatologists and the Royal College of Pathologists, U.K.Br J Dermatol. 2018; 179: 824-828
- Melanoma staging: American Joint committee on cancer (AJCC) 8th edition and beyond.Ann Surg Oncol. 2018; 25: 2105-2110
- Adjuvant pembrolizumab versus placebo in resected stage III melanoma.N Engl J Med. 2018; 378: 1789-1801
- Adjuvant dabrafenib plus trametinib in stage III BRAF-mutated melanoma.N Engl J Med. 2017; 377: 1813-1823
- Adjuvant nivolumab versus ipilimumab in resected stage III or IV melanoma.N Engl J Med. 2017; 377: 1824-1835
- Is there a therapeutic benefit of complete lymph node dissection in melanoma patients with low tumor burden in the sentinel node?.Melanoma Res. 2014; 24: 454-461
- Adopting guidelines into clinical practice: implementation of trastuzumab in the adjuvant treatment of breast cancer in lower saxony, Germany, in 2007.Breast Care (Basel). 2011; 6: 43-50
- Final version of 2009 AJCC melanoma staging and classification.J Clin Oncol. 2009; 27: 6199-6206
- Survival model predictive accuracy and ROC curves.Biometrics. 2005; 61: 92-105
- Evaluating the accuracy of clinical prediction models for binary and survival outcomes.(Paper 2831-2018:)2018
- Scientists rise up against statistical significance.Nature. 2019; 567: 305-307
- External validation of the 8th Edition Melanoma Staging System of the American Joint Committee on Cancer (AJCC): effect of adding EORTC sentinel node (SN) tumor burden criteria on prognostic accuracy in stage III.J Clin Oncol. 2018; 36 (abstr 9500)
- Stage III melanoma incidence and impact of transitioning to the 8th AJCC staging system: a US population-based study.Future Oncol. 2019; 15: 359-370
- Population-based validation of the National Cancer Comprehensive Network recommendations for baseline imaging workup of cutaneous melanoma.Melanoma Res. 2019; 29: 53-58
- Eighth American Joint Committee on Cancer (AJCC) melanoma classification: let us reconsider stage III.Eur J Cancer. 2018 Mar; 91: 168-170
- Vertical growth phase as a prognostic factor for sentinel lymph node positivity in thin melanomas: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2018; 141: 1529-1540
- Improved stratification of pT1 melanoma according to the 8th American Joint Committee on Cancer staging edition criteria: a Dutch population-based study.Eur J Cancer. 2018; 92: 100-107
- Microscopic tumor burden in sentinel lymph nodes predicts synchronous nonsentinel lymph node involvement in patients with melanoma.J Clin Oncol. 2008; 26: 4296-4303
- Probability of sentinel lymph node positivity in melanoma.Eur J Cancer. 2019; 116: 10-12
- Challenges in sentinel node (SN) pathology in the era of adjuvant treatment: the risk of over- and undertreatment stress the need for expert pathology review.J Clin Oncol. 2019; 37 (abstr 9593)
- Enhancing the prognostic role of melanoma sentinel lymph nodes through microscopic tumour burden characterization: clinical usefulness in patients who do not undergo complete lymph node dissection.Melanoma Res. 2019; 29: 163-171
- Dabrafenib plus trametinib (D + T) as adjuvant treatment of resected BRAF-mutant stage III melanoma: findings from the COMBI-AD trial analyzed based on AJCC 8 classification.J Clin Oncol. 2018; 36 (abstr 9591)
- Prognostic and predictive value of AJCC-8 staging in the phase III EORTC1325/KEYNOTE-054 trial of pembrolizumab vs placebo in resected high-risk stage III melanoma.Eur J Cancer. 2019; 116: 148-157
- Adjuvant melanoma therapy with new drugs: should physicians continue to focus on metastatic disease or use it earlier in primary melanoma?.Lancet Oncol. 2018; 19: e720-e725
- Embracing changes to the American Joint Committee on Cancer 8th edition melanoma staging system.Eur J Cancer. 2019; 112: 9-11
- Conditional survival: an assessment of the prognosis of patients at time points after initial diagnosis and treatment of locoregional melanoma metastasis.J Clin Oncol. 2017; 35: 1721-1729
- Dutch Melanoma Treatment Registry: quality assurance in the care of patients with metastatic melanoma in The Netherlands.Eur J Cancer. 2017; 72: 156-165