- •Differences in mortality between older and younger CRC patients decreased.
- •One-year relative survival became nearly equal for older and younger patients.
- •Previous literature is no longer representative of the current clinical practice.
Aim of the study
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- www.cijfersoverkanker.nlDate: 2019
- Multimorbidity in older adults.Epidemiol Rev. 2013; 35: 75-83
- Systematic review of barriers to the recruitment of older patients with cancer onto clinical trials.J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23: 3112-3124
- Management of colon cancer in the elderly: a population-based study.Colorectal Dis : the Off J Assoc Coloproctol G B Irel. 2014; 16: 433-441
- Changes in gastrointestinal cancer resection rates.Br J Surg. 2015; 102: 1114-1122
- Controversies of total mesorectal excision for rectal cancer in elderly patients.Lancet Oncol. 2008; 9: 494-501
- Role of surgery for colorectal cancer in the elderly.World J Gastrointest Surg. 2016; 8: 606-613
- Personalized surgical management of colorectal cancer in elderly population.World J Gastroenterol. 2014; 20: 3762-3777
- Treatment of colorectal cancer in older patients: International Society of Geriatric Oncology (SIOG) consensus recommendations 2013.Ann Oncol. 2015; 26: 463-476
- International classification of diseases for oncology (ICD-O).World Health Organization, Geneva2000
- TNM atlas.Springer-Verslag, Berlin2004
- Epidemiology of multimorbidity and implications for health care, research, and medical education: a cross-sectional study.Lancet. 2012; 380: 37-43
- [Multimorbidity and comorbidity in the Dutch population--data from general practices].Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd. 2011; 155: A3193
- Risk factors for excess mortality in the first year after curative surgery for colorectal cancer.Ann Surg Oncol. 2012; 19: 2428-2434
- Enhanced recovery after surgery: a review.JAMA Surgery. 2017; 152: 292-298
- Improved survival for older patients undergoing surgery for colorectal cancer between 2008 and 2011.Int J Colorectal Dis. 2014; 29: 1231-1236
- Achievements in colorectal cancer care during 8 years of auditing in The Netherlands.Eur J Surg Oncol. 2018; 44: 1361-1370
- The assessment and management of older cancer patients: a SIOG surgical task force survey on surgeons' attitudes.Eur J Surg Oncol. 2016; 42: 297-302
- Decrease in 30-day and one-year mortality over time in patients aged >/=75 years with stage I-III colon cancer: a population-based study.Eur J Surg Oncol. 2018; 44: 1889-1893
- Trends in colorectal cancer in the elderly in Denmark, 1980-2012.Acta Oncol. 2016; 55: 29-39
- Outcomes following colorectal cancer surgery: results from a population-based study in Queensland, Australia, using quality indicators.J Eval Clin Pract. 2018; : 1-9
- Comorbidity in older surgical cancer patients: influence on patient care and outcome.Eur J Cancer. 2007; 43: 2179-2193
- Impact of age on outcome after colorectal cancer surgery in the elderly - a developing country perspective.BMC Surg. 2011; 11: 17
- Personalized management of elderly patients with rectal cancer: expert recommendations of the european society of surgical oncology, european society of coloproctology, international society of geriatric oncology, and American college of surgeons commission on cancer.Eur J Surg Oncol : J Eur Soc Surg Oncol Br Assoc Surg Oncol. 2018; 44: 1685-1702
- Importance of the first postoperative year in the prognosis of elderly colorectal cancer patients.Ann Surg Oncol. 2011; 18: 1533-1539
- Personalised prehabilitation in high-risk patients undergoing elective major abdominal surgery: a randomized blinded controlled trial.Ann Surg. 2018; 267: 50-56
- Prehabilitation is better than cure.Curr Opin Anaesthesiol. 2018; 32: 108-115
- Nonelective colon cancer resections in elderly patients: results from the Dutch surgical colorectal audit.Dig Surg. 2012; 29: 412-419
- Priorities of health care outcomes for the elderly.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2013; 14: 479-484
- Multimodal prehabilitation improves functional capacity before and after colorectal surgery for cancer: a five-year research experience.Acta Oncol (Stockh). 2017; 56: 295-300