- •A national adoption of minimally invasive surgery for endometrial cancer is associated with improved survival.
- •Minimally invasive techniques yield similar survival in endometrial cancer.
- •Survival benefit was found independent of histopathological risk group.
Materials and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Cancer
Jørgensen SL, Mogensen O, Wu CS, Lund K, Iachina M, Korsholm M, Jensen PT. Nationwide introduction of robotic minimally invasive surgery in early-stage endometrial cancer and its influence on severe complications. In press.
- Robot-assisted laparoscopy versus laparotomy for infrarenal paraaortic lymphadenectomy in women with high-risk endometrial cancer: a randomised controlled trial.Eur J Cancer. 2017 Jul 1; 79: 81-89
- Robotic-assisted vs traditional laparoscopic surgery for endometrial cancer: a randomized controlled trial.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016 Nov 1; 215: 588.e1-588.e7
- Recurrence and survival after random assignment to laparoscopy versus laparotomy for comprehensive surgical staging of uterine cancer: Gynecologic Oncology Group LAP2 Study.J Clin Oncol Off J Am Soc Clin Oncol. 2012 Mar 1; 30: 695-700
- Effect of total laparoscopic hysterectomy vs total abdominal hysterectomy on disease-free survival among women with stage I endometrial cancer: a randomized clinical trial.J Am Med Assoc. 2017 Mar 28; 317: 1224
- Laparoscopy compared with laparotomy for comprehensive surgical staging of uterine cancer: Gynecologic Oncology Group Study LAP2.J Clin Oncol. 2009 Oct 11; 27: 5331-5336
- Laparoscopy versus laparotomy for the management of early stage endometrial cancer.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2018 31; 10 (CD006655)
- Minimally invasive versus abdominal radical hysterectomy for cervical cancer.N Engl J Med. 2018 15; 379: 1895-1904
- Minimally invasive surgery for cervical cancer: consequences for treatment after LACC study.J Gynecol Oncol. 2018 Jul; 29 ([Internet]) ([cited 2018 Jul 18]) (Available from:)
- Danish gynecological Cancer Database.Clin Epidemiol. 2016; 8: 485-490
Årsrapport [Internet]. [cited 2016 Oct 25]. Available from: http://www.dgcg.dk/index.php/arsrapport.
- The Danish Civil Registration System.Scand J Publ Health. 2011 Jul; 39: 22-25
- The Danish Civil Registration System as a tool in epidemiology.Eur J Epidemiol. 2014 Aug; 29: 541-549
- The Danish National Patient Register.Scand J Publ Health. 2011 Jul; 39: 30-33
- The predictive value of ICD-10 diagnostic coding used to assess Charlson comorbidity index conditions in the population-based Danish National Registry of Patients.BMC Med Res Methodol. 2011; 11: 83
- The Danish Register of Causes of Death.Scand J Publ Health. 2011 Jul; 39: 26-29
[email protected] The Integrated Database for Labour Market Research (IDA) [Internet]. [cited 2018 Sep 12]. Available from: http://econ.au.dk/the-national-centre-for-register-based-research/danish-registers/the-integrated-database-for-labour-market-research-ida/.
- Revised FIGO staging for carcinoma of the endometrium.Int J Gynaecol Obstet Off Organ Int Fed Gynaecol Obstet. 2009 May; 105: 109
- ESMO-ESGO-ESTRO Consensus Conference on Endometrial Cancer.Int J Gynecol Canc. 2016 Jan; 26: 2-30
- A review of methodological issues and the relationships with cancer survival.Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2013 Mar 1; 85: 266-277
- Indicators of socioeconomic position (part 1).J Epidemiol Community Health. 2006 Jan; 60: 7-12
- Body mass index, conversion rate and complications among patients undergoing robotic surgery for endometrial carcinoma.J Robot Surg. 2015 Dec; 9: 339-345
- American Society of anesthesiologists Classification (ASA class).([Internet])in: StatPearls. StatPearls Publishing, Treasure Island (FL)2017 ([cited 2017 Aug 30]. Available from:)
- Survival differences among uterine ppapillary serous, clear cell and grade 3 endometrioid adenocarcinoma endometrial cancers: a national cancer database analysis.Int J Gynecol Cancer Off J Int Gynecol Cancer Soc. 2017; 27: 85-92
- Robotic surgery in gynecologic oncology: program initiation and outcomes after the first year with comparison with laparotomy for endometrial cancer staging.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2008 Jun; 198: 679.e1-679.e10
- Outcomes and cost comparisons after introducing a robotics program for endometrial cancer surgery.Obstet Gynecol. 2012 Apr; 119: 717-724
- Robotic surgery: changing the surgical approach for endometrial cancer in a referral cancer center.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2009 Jul 1; 16: 427-431
- Minimally invasive hysterectomy surgery rates for endometrial cancer performed at National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) Centers.Gynecol Oncol. 2018 Mar 1; 148: 480-484
- Association between obesity, Surgical route, and perioperative outcomes in patients with uterine cancer. Minim invasive surg.([Internet])2018 Jun 19 ([cited 2018 Dec 1];2018. Available from:)
- A comparison of outcomes between open hysterectomy and robotic-assisted hysterectomy for endometrial cancer using the national cancer database.Int J Gynecol Cancer Off J Int Gynecol Cancer Soc. 2017; 27: 1508-1516
- Cancer statistics, 2017.CA Cancer J Clin. 2017 Jan 1; 67: 7-30
- ESMO–ESGO–ESTRO Consensus Conference on Endometrial Cancer: diagnosis, treatment and follow-up.Radiother Oncol. 2015 Dec; 117: 559-581
- What is the optimal minimally invasive surgical procedure for endometrial cancer staging in the obese and morbidly obese woman?.Gynecol Oncol. 2008 Oct; 111: 41-45
- Robotic versus laparoscopic versus open surgery in morbidly obese endometrial cancer patients — a comparative analysis of total charges and complication rates.Gynecol Oncol. 2015 Nov; 139: 300-305
- Complications of robotic gynecologic surgery in the severely morbidly obese.Ann Surg Oncol. 2016 Nov; 23: 4035-4041
- Impact of robotic platforms on surgical approach and costs in the management of morbidly obese patients with newly diagnosed uterine cancer.Ann Surg Oncol. 2016 Jul; 23: 2192-2198
- Robotic surgery in supermorbidly obese patients with endometrial cancer.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015 Jul; 213: 49.e1-49.e8
- A cohort study evaluating robotic versus laparotomy surgical outcomes of obese women with endometrial carcinoma.Gynecol Oncol. 2011 Sep; 122: 604-607
- Comparative effectiveness of minimally invasive hysterectomy for endometrial cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2016 Apr 1; 34: 1087-1096
- Social factors matter in cancer risk and survivorship.Cancer Causes Control CCC. 2018 Jul; 29: 611-618
- The centralization of robotic surgery in high-volume centers for endometrial cancer patients--a study of 6560 cases in the U.S.Gynecol Oncol. 2015 Jul; 138: 128-132
- Randomised controlled trials and population-based observational research: partners in the evolution of medical evidence.Br J Canc. 2014 Feb 4; 110: 551-555
ENGOT Network – Esgo.org [Internet]. [cited 2017 Sep 4]. Available from: https://www.esgo.org/network/engot-network/.
- Adjuvant radiotherapy for stage I endometrial cancer.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012 Apr 18; : CD003916
- Adjuvant chemoradiotherapy versus radiotherapy alone for women with high-risk endometrial cancer (PORTEC-3): final results of an international, open-label, multicentre, randomised, phase 3 trial.Lancet Oncol. 2018 Mar; 19: 295-309
Kræftplan I [Internet]. [cited 2016 Aug 8]. Available from: https://sundhedsstyrelsen.dk/da/sygdom-og-behandling/kraeft/nationale-planer/kraeftplan-i.
- Influence of gynecologic oncologists on the survival of patients with endometrial cancer.J Clin Oncol Off J Am Soc Clin Oncol. 2011 Mar 1; 29: 832-838