- •Re-treatment with docetaxel monotherapy is safe and effective in selected patients.
- •The median progression-free survival in this group was 12.7 months.
- •Addition of carboplatin does not improve the progression-free or overall survival.
- •Addition of carboplatin resulted in more gastrointestinal and infectious adverse events.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- EAU guidelines on prostate cancer. Part II: treatment of advanced, relapsing, and castration-resistant prostate cancer.Eur Urol. 2014; 65: 467-479
- Docetaxel plus prednisone or mitoxantrone plus prednisone for advanced prostate cancer.N Engl J Med. 2004; 351: 1502-1512
- Docetaxel and estramustine compared with mitoxantrone and prednisone for advanced refractory prostate cancer.N Engl J Med. 2004; 351: 1513-1520
- Hydrocortisone with or without mitoxantrone in men with hormone-refractory prostate cancer: results of the cancer and leukemia group B 9182 study.J Clin Oncol Off J Am Soc Clin Oncol. 1999; 17: 2506-2513
- Phase III study of mitoxantrone plus low dose prednisone versus low dose prednisone alone in patients with asymptomatic hormone refractory prostate cancer.J Urol. 2002; 168: 2439-2443
- Response to second-line chemotherapy in patients with hormone refractory prostate cancer receiving two sequences of mitoxantrone and taxanes.Urology. 2006; 67: 1235-1240
- Survival and PSA response of patients in the TAX 327 study who crossed over to receive docetaxel after mitoxantrone or vice versa.Ann Oncol Off J Eur Soc Med Oncol. 2008; 19: 1749-1753
- Prednisone plus cabazitaxel or mitoxantrone for metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer progressing after docetaxel treatment: a randomised open-label trial.Lancet (London, England). 2010; 376: 1147-1154
- Increased survival with enzalutamide in prostate cancer after chemotherapy.N Engl J Med. 2012; 367: 1187-1197
- Abiraterone acetate for treatment of metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer: final overall survival analysis of the COU-AA-301 randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase 3 study.Lancet Oncol. 2012; 13: 983-992
- Alpha emitter radium-223 and survival in metastatic prostate cancer.N Engl J Med. 2013; 369: 213-223
- Sipuleucel-T immunotherapy for castration-resistant prostate cancer.N Engl J Med. 2010; 363: 411-422
- Is there a role for platinum chemotherapy in the treatment of patients with hormone-refractory prostate cancer?.Cancer. 2007; 109: 477-486
- A phase II study of estramustine, docetaxel, and carboplatin with granulocyte-colony-stimulating factor support in patients with hormone-refractory prostate carcinoma: cancer and Leukemia Group B 99813.Cancer. 2003; 98: 2592-2598
- A phase 2 study of carboplatin plus docetaxel in men with metastatic hormone-refractory prostate cancer who are refractory to docetaxel.Cancer. 2008; 112: 521-526
- Carboplatin plus weekly docetaxel as salvage chemotherapy in docetaxel-resistant and castration-resistant prostate cancer.World J Urol. 2010; 28: 391-398
- Anti-tumour activity of platinum compounds in advanced prostate cancer-a systematic literature review.Ann Oncol Off J Eur Soc Med Oncol. 2016; 27: 975-984
- Platinum-based chemotherapy for variant castrate-resistant prostate cancer.Clin Cancer Res Off J Am Assoc Cancer Res. 2013; 19: 3621-3630
- Docetaxel rechallenge after an initial good response in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer.BJU Int. 2015; 115: 744-752
- The interval from the last cycle of docetaxel-based chemotherapy to progression is associated with the efficacy of subsequent docetaxel in patients with prostate cancer.Eur J Cancer (Oxford, England 1990). 2010; 46: 1770-1772
- Docetaxel rechallenge in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer: any place in the modern treatment scenario? An intention to treat evaluation.Future Oncol (London, England). 2015; 11: 3083-3090
- Phase II study of docetaxel re-treatment in docetaxel-pretreated castration-resistant prostate cancer.BJU Int. 2011; 107: 234-239
- Advances in the understanding and treatment of AR-indifferent disease.ASCO 2017. February 16, 2017;
- Docetaxel reintroduction in patients with metastatic castration-resistant docetaxel-sensitive prostate cancer: a retrospective multicentre study.BJU Int. 2010; 106: 974-978
- Multiple rechallenges for castration-resistant prostate cancer patients responding to first-line docetaxel: assessment of clinical outcomes and predictive factors.Urology. 2012; 79: 644-649
- Rational indication for docetaxel rechallenge in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer.BJU Int. 2012; 110: E635-E640
- Chemohormonal therapy in metastatic hormone-sensitive prostate cancer.N Engl J Med. 2015; 373: 737-746
- Addition of docetaxel, zoledronic acid, or both to first-line long-term hormone therapy in prostate cancer (STAMPEDE): survival results from an adaptive, multiarm, multistage, platform randomised controlled trial.Lancet (London, England). 2016; 387: 1163-1177