- •This study was a prospective randomized phase II, multicentre study comparing EG with PG for MBC patients.
- •The 6-month PFS rates for both arms were 72% for EG and 73% for PG (P = 0.457).
- •EG chemotherapy had similar clinical benefits to PG chemotherapy in terms of progression-free survival but less neurotoxicity.
Patients and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Cancer statistics, 2017.CA Cancer J Clin. 2017; 67: 7-30
- Cancer statistics in Korea: incidence, mortality, survival, and prevalence in 2014.Cancer Res Treat. 2017; 49: 292-305
- Treatment of metastatic breast cancer in a real-world scenario: is progression-free survival with first line predictive of benefit from second and later lines?.Oncologist. 2015; 20: 719-724
- Induction of morphological and biochemical apoptosis following prolonged mitotic blockage by halichondrin B macrocyclic ketone analog E7389.Cancer Res. 2004; 64: 5760-5766
- Eribulin binds at microtubule ends to a single site on tubulin to suppress dynamic instability.Biochemistry. 2010; 49: 1331-1337
- The primary antimitotic mechanism of action of the synthetic halichondrin E7389 is suppression of microtubule growth.Mol Cancer Ther. 2005; 4: 1086-1095
- Pooled analyses of eribulin in metastatic breast cancer patients with at least one prior chemotherapy.Ann Oncol. 2016; 27: 1525-1531
- Potent in vitro and in vivo anticancer activities of des-methyl, des-amino pateamine A, a synthetic analogue of marine natural product pateamine A.Mol Cancer Ther. 2009; 8: 1250-1260
- In vitro and in vivo anticancer activities of synthetic macrocyclic ketone analogues of halichondrin B.Cancer Res. 2001; 61: 1013-1021
- Gemcitabine plus Paclitaxel versus Paclitaxel monotherapy in patients with metastatic breast cancer and prior anthracycline treatment.J Clin Oncol. 2008; 26: 3950-3957
- Phase III, multicenter, randomized trial of maintenance chemotherapy versus observation in patients with metastatic breast cancer after achieving disease control with six cycles of gemcitabine plus paclitaxel as first-line chemotherapy: KCSG-BR07-02.J Clin Oncol. 2013; 31: 1732-1739
- Comparison of neuropathy-inducing effects of eribulin mesylate, paclitaxel, and ixabepilone in mice.Cancer Res. 2011; 71: 3952-3962
- A phase I combination dose-escalation study of eribulin mesylate and gemcitabine in patients with advanced solid tumours: a study of the Princess Margaret Consortium.Br J Cancer. 2015; 113: 1534-1540
- RECIST vs. WHO: prospective comparison of response criteria in an EORTC phase II clinical trial investigating ET-743 in advanced soft tissue sarcoma.Eur J Cancer. 2005; 41: 1426-1430
- New response evaluation criteria in solid tumours: revised RECIST guideline (version 1.1).Eur J Cancer. 2009; 45: 228-247
- The Functional Assessment of Cancer Therapy scale: development and validation of the general measure.J Clin Oncol. 1993; 11: 570-579
- Design of phase II non-inferiority trials.Contemp Clin Trials Commun. 2017; 7: 23-27
- Using phase II data for the analysis of phase III studies: an application in rare diseases.Clin Trials. 2017; 14: 277-285
- Extending the duration of first-line chemotherapy in metastatic breast cancer: a perspective review.Ther Adv Med Oncol. 2011; 3: 229-232
- Using phase II data for the analysis of phase III studies: an application in rare diseases.Clin Trials. 2017; 14 (1740774517699409)
- Disease management patterns for postmenopausal women in Europe with hormone-receptor-positive, human epidermal growth factor receptor-2 negative advanced breast cancer.Curr Med Res Opin. 2014; 30: 1007-1016
- Chemotherapy versus endocrine therapy as first-line treatment in patients with luminal-like HER2-negative metastatic breast cancer: a propensity score analysis.Breast. 2017; 31: 114-120