- •Oral administration of oral docetaxel either as ModraDoc001 or ModraDoc006 combined with ritonavir is feasible and safe.
- •Toxicity is in line with that observed with intravenous docetaxel, albeit without hypersensitivity reactions and no grade 3 sensory neuropathy.
- •Docetaxel plasma concentrations (AUC) at the MTD of ModraDoc006 with ritonavir are comparable to intravenous docetaxel in a weekly schedule.
- •Antitumour activity with ModraDoc/ritonavir is promising.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Summary of product characteristics (Taxotere).2015
- P-glycoprotein and cytochrome P450 3A act together in restricting the oral bioavailability of paclitaxel.Int J cancer. 2013; 132: 2439-2447https://doi.org/10.1002/ijc.27912
- Pharmaceutical development and preliminary clinical testing of an oral solid dispersion formulation of docetaxel (ModraDoc001).Int J Pharm. 2011; 420: 244-250https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpharm.2011.08.041
- Pharmaceutical development of an oral tablet formulation containing a spray dried amorphous solid dispersion of docetaxel or paclitaxel.Int J Pharm. 2016; 511: 765-773https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpharm.2016.07.068
- Coadministration of cyclosporine strongly enhances the oral bioavailability of docetaxel.J Clin Oncol. 2001; 19: 1160-1166
- Coadministration of ritonavir strongly enhances the apparent oral bioavailability of docetaxel in patients with solid tumors.Clin Cancer Res. 2009; 15: 4228-4233https://doi.org/10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-08-2944
- The relationship between ritonavir plasma levels and side-effects: implications for therapeutic drug monitoring.AIDS. 1999; 13: 2083-2089
- Phase I study of weekly oral docetaxel (ModraDoc001) plus ritonavir in patients with advanced solid tumors.J Clin Oncol. 2012; 30 (abstr 2550)
- Dose escalation methods in phase I cancer clinical trials.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2009; 101: 708-720https://doi.org/10.1093/jnci/djp079
- Anonymous common terminology criteria for adverse events v3.0 (CTCAE). 2006
- New guidelines to evaluate the response to treatment in solid tumors. European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer, National Cancer Institute of the United States, National Cancer Institute of Canada.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2000; 92: 205-216
- A sensitive combined assay for the quantification of paclitaxel, docetaxel and ritonavir in human plasma using liquid chromatography coupled with tandem mass spectrometry.J Chromatogr B Anal Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2011; 879: 2984-2990https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jchromb.2011.08.034
- Bioanalytical method validation.2001
- R: A language and environment for statistical computing.2009
- Pharmacological effects of formulation vehicles: implications for cancer chemotherapy.Clin Pharmacokinet. 2003; 42: 665-685https://doi.org/10.2165/00003088-200342070-00005
- Clinical pharmacokinetics of unbound docetaxel: role of polysorbate 80 and serum proteins.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2003; 74: 364-371https://doi.org/10.1016/S0009-9236(03)00222-4
- Individual patient data meta-analysis of docetaxel administered once every 3 weeks compared with once every week second-line treatment of advanced non-small-cell lung cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2007; 25: 1377-1382https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2006.09.8251
- Analysis of docetaxel pharmacokinetics in humans with the inclusion of later sampling time-points afforded by the use of a sensitive tandem LCMS assay.Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2003; 52: 159-166https://doi.org/10.1007/s00280-003-0622-z
- Comparison of pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of docetaxel and cisplatin in elderly and non-elderly patients: why is toxicity increased in elderly patients?.J Clin Oncol. 2004; 22: 2901-2908https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2004.10.163
- Comparative pharmacokinetics of weekly and every-three-weeks docetaxel.Clin Cancer Res. 2004; 10: 1976-1983
- Population pharmacokinetics and pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic relationships for docetaxel.Invest New Drugs. 2001; 19: 163-169
- Prospective randomized trial of docetaxel versus best supportive care in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer previously treated with platinum-based chemotherapy.J Clin Oncol. 2000; 18: 2095-2103
- Randomized phase III trial of pemetrexed versus docetaxel in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer previously treated with chemotherapy.J Clin Oncol. 2004; 22: 1589-1597https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2004.08.163