- •HIF stabilisation in tumorigenesis of pseudohypoxic paragangliomas and related tumours.
- •Similarities between pathogenesis of clear cell renal cancer and pseudohypoxic paraganglioma are discussed.
- •Concept of targeting HIF-2α pathway in pseudohypoxic subtype of paragangliomas is proposed.
Abbreviations:SDHx (Succinate dehydrogenase complex), FH (Fumarate hydratase), MDH2 (Malate dehydrogenase 2), VHL (Von Hippel-Lindau), HIF2A (Hypoxia-inducible factor 2 alpha), PHD1 (Prolyl hydroxylase 1), PHD2 (Prolyl hydroxylase 2), DNA (Deoxyribonucleic acid), ARNT (Aryl hydrocarbon receptor nuclear translocator), VEGFA (Vascular endothelial growth factor A), GLUT1 (Glucose transporter 1), PAI-1 (Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1), CCND1 (Cyclin D1), Scgb3a1 (Secretoglobin Family 3A Member 1)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Comprehensive molecular characterization of pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma.Cancer Cell. 2017; 31: 181-193
- A HIF1alpha regulatory loop links hypoxia and mitochondrial signals in pheochromocytomas.PLoS Genet. 2005; 1: 72-80
- Somatic HIF2A gain-of-function mutations in paraganglioma with polycythemia.N Engl J Med. 2012; 367: 922-930
- Hypoxia-inducible factor signaling in pheochromocytoma: turning the rudder in the right direction.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2013; 105: 1270-1283
- Targeting renal cell carcinoma with a HIF-2 antagonist.Nature. 2016; 539: 112-117
- On-target efficacy of a HIF-2alpha antagonist in preclinical kidney cancer models.Nature. 2016; 539: 107-111
- HIF1α and HIF2α: sibling rivalry in hypoxic tumour growth and progression.Nat Rev Cancer. 2011; 12: 9-22