- •Improvement in overall survival with pembrolizumab versus chemotherapy in advanced melanoma not significant.
- •Significant progression-free survival benefit, durable response and lower high-grade treatment-related adverse events.
- •Together, data support pembrolizumab as a standard-of-care for advanced melanoma.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Targeting oncogenic drivers and the immune system in melanoma.J Clin Oncol. 2013; 31: 499-506
- Improved survival with ipilimumab in patients with metastatic melanoma.N Engl J Med. 2010; 363: 711-723
- Ipilimumab plus dacarbazine for previously untreated metastatic melanoma.N Engl J Med. 2011; 364: 2517-2526
- Survival in BRAF V600-mutant advanced melanoma treated with vemurafenib.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 707-714
- Enhancement of antitumor immunity by CTLA-4 blockade.Science. 1996; 271: 1734-1736
- Clinical experience with ipilimumab 3 mg/kg: real-world efficacy and safety data from an expanded access programme cohort.J Transl Med. 2014; 12: 116
- Safety and tumor responses with lambrolizumab (anti-PD-1) in melanoma.N Engl J Med. 2013; 369: 134-144
- Anti-programmed-death-receptor-1 treatment with pembrolizumab in ipilimumab-refractory advanced melanoma: a randomised dose-comparison cohort of a phase 1 trial.Lancet. 2014; 384: 1109-1117
- Survival, durable tumor remission, and long-term safety in patients with advanced melanoma receiving nivolumab.J Clin Oncol. 2014; 32: 1020-1030
- Nivolumab plus ipilimumab in advanced melanoma.N Engl J Med. 2013; 369: 122-133
- Nivolumab in previously untreated melanoma without BRAF mutation.N Engl J Med. 2015; 372: 320-330
- Pembrolizumab versus ipilimumab in advanced melanoma.N Engl J Med. 2015; 372: 2521-2532
- Pembrolizumab versus investigator-choice chemotherapy for ipilimumab-refractory melanoma (KEYNOTE-002): a randomised, controlled, phase 2 trial.Lancet Oncol. 2015; 16: 908-918
- Nivolumab versus chemotherapy in patients with advanced melanoma who progressed after anti-CTLA-4 treatment (CheckMate 037): a randomised, controlled, open-label, phase 3 trial.Lancet Oncol. 2015; 16: 375-384
- Overall survival in patients with advanced melanoma who received nivolumab versus Investigator's choice chemotherapy in CheckMate 037: a randomized, controlled, open-label phase III trial.J Clin Oncol. 2017; 35 (JCO2016718023)
- Sharper Bonferroni procedure for multiple tests of significance.Biometrika. 1988; 75: 800-802
- 3-Year overall survival for patients with advanced melanoma treated with pembrolizumab in KEYNOTE-001.in: ASCO annual meeting; 2016; Chicago, IL. 2016
- Association of pembrolizumab with tumor response and survival among patients with advanced melanoma.JAMA. 2016; 315: 1600-1609
☆These data have been presented in part at the ESMO annual congress, Copenhagen, Denmark, October 7–11, 2016.