- •Circulating tumour cells (CTCs) count at baseline and day 28 is a strong prognostic factor in advanced gastric cancer.
- •CTC count at day 28 is also predictive of disease control.
- •Therefore, evolution of CTC count between baseline and D28 could help to early adjust treatment.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Survival of metastatic gastric cancer: significance of age, sex and race/ethnicity.J Gastrointest Oncol. 2011; 2: 77-84https://doi.org/10.3978/j.issn.2078-6891.2010.025
- Signet-ring cell carcinoma of the stomach: impact on prognosis and specific therapeutic challenge.World J Gastroenterol. 2015; 21: 11428-11438https://doi.org/10.3748/wjg.v21.i40.11428
- Ramucirumab monotherapy for previously treated advanced gastric or gastro-oesophageal junction adenocarcinoma (REGARD): an international, randomised, multicentre, placebo-controlled, phase 3 trial.Lancet Lond Engl. 2014; 383: 31-39https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(13)61719-5
- Ramucirumab plus paclitaxel versus placebo plus paclitaxel in patients with previously treated advanced gastric or gastro-oesophageal junction adenocarcinoma (RAINBOW): a double-blind, randomised phase 3 trial.Lancet Oncol. 2014; 15: 1224-1235https://doi.org/10.1016/S1470-2045(14)70420-6
- Prospective, randomized, multicenter, phase III study of fluorouracil, leucovorin, and irinotecan versus epirubicin, cisplatin, and capecitabine in advanced gastric adenocarcinoma: a French intergroup (Fédération Francophone de Cancérologie Digestive, Fédération Nationale des Centres de Lutte Contre le Cancer, and Groupe Coopérateur Multidisciplinaire en Oncologie) study.J Clin Oncol Off J Am Soc Clin Oncol. 2014; 32: 3520-3526https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2013.54.1011
- Phase III study of docetaxel and cisplatin plus fluorouracil compared with cisplatin and fluorouracil as first-line therapy for advanced gastric cancer: a report of the V325 Study Group.J Clin Oncol Off J Am Soc Clin Oncol. 2006; 24: 4991-4997https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2006.06.8429
- Docetaxel plus oxaliplatin with or without fluorouracil or capecitabine in metastatic or locally recurrent gastric cancer: a randomized phase II study.Ann Oncol Off J Eur Soc Med Oncol ESMO. 2015; 26: 149-156https://doi.org/10.1093/annonc/mdu496
- Relationship of circulating tumor cells to tumor response, progression-free survival, and overall survival in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer.J Clin Oncol Off J Am Soc Clin Oncol. 2008; 26: 3213-3221https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2007.15.8923
- Circulating tumor cells predict survival benefit from treatment in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer.Clin Cancer Res Off J Am Assoc Cancer Res. 2008; 14: 6302-6309https://doi.org/10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-08-0872
- Circulating tumor cells at each follow-up time point during therapy of metastatic breast cancer patients predict progression-free and overall survival.Clin Cancer Res Off J Am Assoc Cancer Res. 2006; 12: 4218-4224https://doi.org/10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-05-2821
- FOLFOX alone or combined to rilotumumab or panitumumab as first-line treatment in patients (pts) with advanced gastroesophageal adenocarcinoma (AGEA): an open-label, randomized phase II trial (PRODIGE 17 ACCORD 20 MEGA).J Clin Oncol. 2015; 33
- Tumor cells circulate in the peripheral blood of all major carcinomas but not in healthy subjects or patients with nonmalignant diseases.Clin Cancer Res Off J Am Assoc Cancer Res. 2004; 10: 6897-6904https://doi.org/10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-04-0378
- Circulating tumor cells: a novel prognostic factor for newly diagnosed metastatic breast cancer.J Clin Oncol Off J Am Soc Clin Oncol. 2005; 23: 1420-1430https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2005.08.140
- Index for rating diagnostic tests.Cancer. 1950; 3: 32-35
- New guidelines to evaluate the response to treatment in solid tumors. European organization for research and Treatment of Cancer, National Cancer Institute of the United States, National Cancer Institute of Canada.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2000; 92: 205-216
- Circulating tumor cells as a surrogate marker for determining response to chemotherapy in patients with advanced gastric cancer.Cancer Sci. 2010; 101: 1067-1071https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1349-7006.2010.01492.x
- Circulating tumor cells as an independent predictor of survival in advanced gastric cancer.Ann Surg Oncol. 2015; 22: 3954-3961https://doi.org/10.1245/s10434-015-4483-6
- Dynamic monitoring of circulating tumour cells to evaluate therapeutic efficacy in advanced gastric cancer.Br J Cancer. 2016; 114: 138-145https://doi.org/10.1038/bjc.2015.417
- Different survival outcomes after curative R0-resection for Eastern Asian and European gastric cancer.Med Baltim. 2016; 95https://doi.org/10.1097/MD.0000000000004261
- A pilot study assessing the incidence and clinical significance of circulating tumor cells in esophagogastric cancers.Clin Colorectal Cancer. 2014; 13: 94-99https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clcc.2013.11.003