- •PREDICT all-cause mortality estimates are suboptimal for patients ≤40 years and those with <20 or >40% mortality probability.
- •PREDICT overestimates breast cancer–specific survival across multiple patient subgroups.
- •Adjuvant! discriminatory accuracy and calibration are in line with PREDICT's.
- •Although these tools' estimates of all-cause mortality are reasonably sound, oncologists must interpret them with caution.
Main outcome measures
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Dutch Cancer Registry managed by the Comprehensive Cancer Center The Netherlands. Breast cancer incidence in the Netherlands up to 2015. 2015; http://www.cijfersoverkanker.nl.
- Breast cancer before age 40 years.Semin Oncol. 2009; 36: 237-249
- The impact of age on outcome in early-stage breast cancer.Semin Radiat Oncol. 2011; 21: 26-34
- Breast cancer in young women.Nat Rev Clin Oncol. 2012; 9: 460-470
- Biology, metastatic patterns, and treatment of patients with triple-negative breast cancer.Clin Breast Cancer. 2009; 9: S73-S81
- Local recurrence after breast cancer affects specific survival differently according to patient age.Oncology. 2010; 79: 349-354
- Breast cancer in young women: poor survival despite intensive treatment.PLoS One. 2009; 4: e7695
- Computer program to assist in making decisions about adjuvant therapy for women with early breast cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2001 Feb 15; 19: 980-991
- Adjuvant! For breast cancer (version 8.0).2011
- PREDICT: a new UK prognostic model that predicts survival following surgery for invasive breast cancer.Breast Cancer Res. 2010; 12: R1
The Breast Unit at Cambridge University NHSH, the University of Cambridge Department of O, Registry NHSEC, Information C. PREDICT. 2014; http://www.predict.nhs.uk/predict.html.
- Adjuvant! Online as a decision-making tool in early breast cancer: a UK national survey.Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol). 2011; 23: 159-160
- Breast cancer specialists' views on and use of risk prediction models in clinical practice: a mixed methods approach.Acta Oncol. 2015 Mar; 54: 361-367
- Breast cancer, Dutch Guideline, version 2.0.2012
- NCCN clinical practice guidelines in oncology (NCCN guidelines): breast cancer version 1.2014.2013
- Early and locally advanced breast cancer: diagnosis and treatment.2009
- Predicting and communicating the risk of recurrence and death in women with early-stage breast cancer: a systematic review of risk prediction models.J Clin Oncol. 2014 Jan 20; 32: 238-250
- An evaluation of the prognostic model PREDICT using the POSH cohort of women aged ≤40 years at breast cancer diagnosis.Br J Cancer. 2015 Mar 17; 112: 983-991
- The predictive accuracy of PREDICT: a personalized decision-making tool for Southeast Asian women with breast cancer.Medicine (Baltimore). 2015 Feb; 94: e593
- PREDICT Plus: development and validation of a prognostic model for early breast cancer that includes HER2.Br J Cancer. 2012 Aug 21; 107: 800-807
- A population-based validation of the prognostic model PREDICT for early breast cancer.Eur J Surg Oncol. 2011 May; 37: 411-417
- Impact of age at primary breast cancer on contralateral breast cancer risk in BRCA1/2 mutation carriers.J Clin Oncol. 2016 Feb 10; 34: 409-418
- Systematic review of HER2 breast cancer testing.Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2009; 17: 1-7
- HER2 gene amplification in patients with breast cancer with equivocal IHC results.J Clin Pathol. 2011 Dec; 64: 1069-1072
- Trastuzumab-containing regimens for metastatic breast cancer.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2014 Jun 12; : CD006242
- First international consensus guidelines for breast cancer in young women (BCY1).Breast. 2014 Jun; 23: 209-220
- Relevance of breast cancer hormone receptors and other factors to the efficacy of adjuvant tamoxifen: patient-level meta-analysis of randomised trials.Lancet. 2011 Aug 27; 378: 771-784
- Noncancer deaths in white adult cancer patients.J Natl Cancer Inst. 1993; 85: 979-987
- Influence of death certificate errors on cancer mortality trends.J Natl Cancer Inst. 1993; 85: 1063-1068
- Cause of death the first year after curative colorectal cancer surgery; a prolonged impact of the surgery in elderly colorectal cancer patients.Eur J Surg Oncol. 2014 Nov; 40: 1481-1487
- Global cancer facts & figures.2nd ed. 2011http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/content/@epidemiologysurveilance/documents/document/acspc-027766.pdf
- Global burden of cancer attributable to high body-mass index in 2012: a population-based study.Lancet Oncol. 2015 Jan; 16: 36-46
- Lifestyle factors in cancer survivorship.J Clin Oncol. 2012; 30: 3697-3704