- •The level of evidence validate a new imaging biomarker as an end-point for a specific disease or in phase II trials is considerable.
- •This manuscript provides an overview of commonly described modifications of Response Evaluation Criteria in Solid Tumours (RECIST) with level of evidence using Oxford Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine approach.
- •RECIST Working Group supports the evaluation and validation of novel biomarkers in cancer therapy and will work to incorporate into RECIST as the techniques and therapeutics become widely used and globally available.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Validation of novel imaging methodologies for use as cancer clinical trial end-points.Eur J Cancer. 2009; 45: 290-299
- The role of response evaluation criteria in solid tumour in anticancer treatment evaluation: results of a survey in the oncology community.Eur J Cancer. 2014; 50: 260-266
Oxford Centre for Evidence-based Medicine – Levels of evidence (March 2009), http://www.cebm.net/oxford-centre-evidence-based-medicine-levels-evidence-march-2009/ [accessed 14.03.16].
- Design and end points of clinical trials for patients with progressive prostate cancer and castrate levels of testosterone: recommendations of the Prostate Cancer Clinical Trials Working Group.J Clin Oncol. 2008; 26: 1148-1159
- The flare phenomenon on radionuclide bone scan in metastatic prostate cancer.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 1984; 142: 773-776
- Abiraterone in metastatic prostate cancer without previous chemotherapy.N Engl J Med. 2013; 368: 138-148
- Increased survival with enzalutamide in prostate cancer after chemotherapy.N Engl J Med. 2012; 367: 1187-1197
- Alpha emitter radium-223 and survival in metastatic prostate cancer.N Engl J Med. 2013; 369: 213-223
- Trial design and objectives for castration-resistant prostate cancer: updated recommendations from the Prostate Cancer Clinical Trials Working Group 3.J Clin Oncol. 2016 Feb 22; (pii: JCO642702. [Epub ahead of print])
- Modified RECIST criteria for assessment of response in malignant pleural mesothelioma.Ann Oncol. 2004; 15: 257-260
- Report of an international workshop to standardize response criteria for non-Hodgkin’s lymphomas.J Clin Oncol. 1999; 17: 1244-1253
- Revised response criteria for malignant lymphoma.J Clin Oncol. 2007; 25: 579-586
- Report on the 4th International Workshop on Positron Emission Tomography in Lymphoma held in Menton, France, 3-5 October 2012.Leuk Lymphoma. 2014; 55: 31-37
- Concordance between four European centres of PET reporting criteria designed for use in multicentre trials in Hodgkin lymphoma.Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2010; 37: 1824-1833
- Role of imaging in the staging and response assessment of lymphoma: consensus of the International Conference on Malignant Lymphomas Imaging Working Group.J Clin Oncol. 2014; 32: 3048-3058
- A clinical development paradigm for cancer vaccines and related biologics.J Immunother. 2007; 30: 1-15
- Guidelines for the evaluation of immune therapy activity in solid tumors: immune-related response criteria.Clin Cancer Res. 2009; 15: 7412-7420
- Response criteria for phase II studies of supratentorial malignant glioma.J Clin Oncol. 1990; 8: 1277-1280
- Updated response assessment criteria for high-grade gliomas: response assessment in neuro-oncology working group.J Clin Oncol. 2010; 28: 1963-1972
- Proposed response assessment criteria for brain metastases: Response Assessment in Neuro-Oncology (RANO) Working Group.Lancet Oncol. 2015; 16: e270-e278
- Clinical management of hepatocellular carcinoma. Conclusions of the Barcelona-2000 EASL conference.J Hepatol. 2001; 35: 421-430
- Management of hepatocellular carcinoma.Hepatology. 2005; 42: 1208-1236