- •Substantial genetic heterogeneity underlies high-grade serous ovarian carcinoma (HGSOC) collected before and after platinum.
- •Biopsies collected at relapse are therefore needed to tailor treatment options to the underlying genetic profile.
- •Platinum-sensitive HGSOCs remain homologous recombination-deficient after first-line platinum, irrespective of their response.
- •Therefore, these tumours also qualify for second-line PARP inhibitors.
- •Chromosomal instability of specific regions contributes to acquired resistance to platinum.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Evolution of platinum resistance in high-grade serous ovarian cancer.Lancet Oncol. 2011; 12: 1169-1174
- 2010 Gynecologic Cancer InterGroup (GCIG) consensus statement on clinical trials in ovarian cancer: report from the Fourth Ovarian Cancer Consensus Conference.Int J Gynecol Cancer Off J Int Gynecol Cancer Soc. 2011; 21: 750-755
- Ovarian cancer.Lancet. 2014; 384: 1376-1388
- Reversing platinum resistance in high-grade serous ovarian carcinoma: targeting BRCA and the homologous recombination system.Front Oncol. 2014; 4: 34
- Secondary somatic mutations restoring BRCA1/2 predict chemotherapy resistance in hereditary ovarian carcinomas.J Clin Oncol. 2011; 29: 3008-3015
- Whole-genome characterization of chemoresistant ovarian cancer.Nature. 2015; 521: 489-494
- Olaparib maintenance therapy in patients with platinum-sensitive relapsed serous ovarian cancer: a preplanned retrospective analysis of outcomes by BRCA status in a randomised phase 2 trial.Lancet Oncol. 2014; 15: 852-861
- Distinct evolutionary trajectories of primary high-grade serous ovarian cancers revealed through spatial mutational profiling.J Pathol. 2013; 231: 21-34
- Tumour heterogeneity and the evolution of polyclonal drug resistance.Mol Oncol. 2014; 8: 1095-1111
- Clonal evolution of high-grade serous ovarian carcinoma from primary to recurrent disease.J Pathol. 2013; 229: 515-524
- Genomic analysis of genetic heterogeneity and evolution in high-grade serous ovarian carcinoma.Oncogene. 2010; 29: 4905-4913
- Spatial and temporal heterogeneity in high-grade serous ovarian cancer: a phylogenetic analysis.PLoS Med. 2015; 12: e1001789
- Definitions for response and progression in ovarian cancer clinical trials incorporating RECIST 1.1 and CA 125 agreed by the Gynecological Cancer Intergroup (GCIG).Int J Gynecol Cancer Off J Int Gynecol Cancer Soc. 2011; 21: 419-423
- Allele-specific copy number analysis of tumors.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010; 107: 16910-16915
- GISTIC2.0 facilitates sensitive and confident localization of the targets of focal somatic copy-number alteration in human cancers.Genome Biol. 2011; 12: R41
- Absolute quantification of somatic DNA alterations in human cancer.Nature Biotechnol. 2012; 30: 413-421
- Plasma circulating tumor DNA as an alternative to metastatic biopsies for mutational analysis in breast cancer.Ann Oncol. 2014; 25: 1959-1965
- Mismatch repair deficiency endows tumors with a unique mutation signature and sensitivity to DNA double-strand breaks.Elife. 2014; 3: e02725
- Signatures of mutational processes in human cancer.Nature. 2013; 500: 415-421
- Somatic copy number alterations predict response to platinum therapy in epithelial ovarian cancer.Gynecol Oncol. 2014; 135: 415-422
- Resistance to CDK2 inhibitors is associated with selection of polyploid cells in CCNE1-amplified ovarian cancer.Clin Cancer Res. 2013; 19: 5960-5971
- Integrated genome-wide DNA copy number and expression analysis identifies distinct mechanisms of primary chemoresistance in ovarian carcinomas.Clin Cancer Res. 2009; 15: 1417-1427
- Integrated genomic analyses of ovarian carcinoma.Nature. 2011; 474: 609-615
- DNA copy number profiling reveals extensive genomic loss in hereditary BRCA1 and BRCA2 ovarian carcinomas.Br J Cancer. 2013; 108: 1732-1742
- GOrilla: a tool for discovery and visualization of enriched GO terms in ranked gene lists.BMC Bioinform. 2009; 10: 48
- Systematic and integrative analysis of large gene lists using DAVID bioinformatics resources.Nature Protoc. 2009; 4: 44-57
- C. elegans whole-genome sequencing reveals mutational signatures related to carcinogens and DNA repair deficiency.Genome Res. 2014; 24: 1624-1636
- Stumbling blocks on the path to personalized medicine in breast cancer: the case of PARP inhibitors for BRCA1/2-associated cancers.Cancer Discov. 2011; 1: 29-34
- Updated clinical and preliminary correlative results of ARIEL2, a phase 2 study to identify ovarian cancer patients likely to respond to rucaparib.Eur J Cancer. 2014; 50: 73
- Efficacy of chemotherapy in BRCA1/2 mutation carrier ovarian cancer in the setting of PARP inhibitor resistance: a multi-institutional study.Clin Cancer Res Off J Am Assoc Cancer Res. 2013; 19: 5485-5493
- Olaparib in patients with recurrent high-grade serous or poorly differentiated ovarian carcinoma or triple-negative breast cancer: a phase 2, multicentre, open-label, non-randomised study.Lancet Oncol. 2011; 12: 852-861
- Phase II, open-label, randomized, multicenter study comparing the efficacy and safety of olaparib, a poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase inhibitor, and pegylated liposomal doxorubicin in patients with BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutations and recurrent ovarian cancer.J Clin Oncol Off J Am Soc Clin Oncol. 2012; 30: 372-379
- Somatic ERCC2 mutations correlate with cisplatin sensitivity in muscle-invasive urothelial carcinoma.Cancer Discov. 2014; 4: 1140-1153
- Profiles of genomic instability in high-grade serous ovarian cancer predict treatment outcome.Clin Cancer Res Off J Am Assoc Cancer Res. 2012; 18: 5806-5815
- A tumor DNA complex aberration index is an independent predictor of survival in breast and ovarian cancer.Mol Oncol. 2015; 9: 115-127
- Amplification of MDS1/EVI1 and EVI1, located in the 3q26.2 amplicon, is associated with favorable patient prognosis in ovarian cancer.Cancer Res. 2007; 67: 3074-3084
- Gene amplification CCNE1 is related to poor survival and potential therapeutic target in ovarian cancer.Cancer. 2010; 116: 2621-2634
- ERBB2 amplification is superior to protein expression status in predicting patient outcome in serous ovarian carcinoma.Gynecol Oncol. 2004; 92: 31-39
- β-elemene enhances susceptibility to cisplatin in resistant ovarian carcinoma cells via downregulation of ERCC-1 and XIAP and inactivation of JNK.Int J Oncol. 2013; 43: 721-728
- DNA repair gene ERCC2 polymorphisms and associations with breast and ovarian cancer risk.Mol Cancer. 2008; 7: 36