Materials and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Cancer
- The role of the cancer registry in cancer control.Cancer Causes Control. 1992; 3 ([Epub 1992/11/01]): 569-579
- The role of cancer registries in cancer control.Int J Clin Oncol. 2008; 13 ([Epub 2008/05/09]): 102-111
- The accuracy of prostate cancer staging in a population-based tumor registry and its impact on the black-white stage difference (Connecticut, United States).Cancer Causes Control. 1995; 6 ([Epub 1995/09/01]): 425-430
- Accuracy of basic cancer patient data: results from an extensive recoding survey.J Natl Cancer Inst. 1984; 72 ([Epub 1984/05/01]): 1007-1014
- The potential and limitations of data from population-based state cancer registries.Am J Public Health. 2000; 90 ([Epub 2000/05/09]): 695-698
- Data quality in population-based cancer registration: an assessment of the Merseyside and Cheshire Cancer Registry.Br J Cancer. 1997; 76 ([Epub 1997/01/01]): 667-674
Parkin DM CV, Ferlay J, Galceran J, Storm HH, Whelan SL, editors. Comparability and quality control in cancer registration. Lyon IARC (WHO) and IACR, 1994.
- Evaluation of data quality in the cancer registry: principles and methods. Part I: comparability, validity and timeliness.Eur J Cancer. 2009; 45: 747-755
- Evaluation of data quality in the cancer registry: principles and methods Part II. Completeness.Eur J Cancer. 2009; 45: 756-764
- Cohort profile: the National Prostate Cancer Register of Sweden and Prostate Cancer data Base Sweden 2.0.Int J Epidemiol. 2013; 42: 956-967
Sobin LH, Wittekind C, International Union Against Cancer. TNM classification of malignant tumours. 6th ed. New York: Wiley-Liss; 2002. xxiii, p. 239.
NPCR. The National Prostate Cancer Register of Sweden (in Swedish). 2014 [2014-07-10, date last accessed]; Available from: <http://www.npcr.se>.
Cancer incidence in five continents. Volume IX. IARC scientific publications. 2008;(160):1–837. [Epub 2008/01/01].
INCA. Information network for cancer care (in Swedish). 2014 [2014-07-10, date last accessed]; Available from: <http://www.cancercentrum.se/INCA/kvalitetsregister/>.
- The completeness of the Swedish Cancer Register: a sample survey for year 1998.Acta Oncol. 2009; 48: 27-33
- Guidelines on prostate cancer.Eur Urol. 2014; 65: 124-137
- The new Swedish Prescribed Drug Register-opportunities for pharmacoepidemiological research and experience from the first six months.Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2007; 16: 726-735
- TNM seventh edition: what’s new, what’s changed: communication from the International Union Against Cancer and the American Joint Committee on Cancer.Cancer. 2010; 116: 5336-5339
Socialstyrelsen. The National Board of Health and Welfare: The Prescribed Drug Register (in Swedish). 2008 [2014-07-10, date last accessed]; Available from: <http://www.nepi.net/Socialstyrelsens-laekemedelsregister.htm>.
- The validity of a diagnosis of heart failure in a hospital discharge register.Eur J Heart Fail. 2005; 7: 787-791
- A national record linkage to study acute myocardial infarction incidence and case fatality in Sweden.Int J Epidemiol. 2001; 30: S30-S34
- High accuracy of Swedish death certificates in men participating in screening for prostate cancer: a comparative study of official death certificates with a cause of death committee using a standardized algorithm.Scand J Urol Nephrol. 2011; 45: 226-232
- Reliability of death certificates in prostate cancer patients.Scand J Urol Nephrol. 2008; 42: 352-357
Socialstyrelsen. The National Board of Health and Welfare: Reporting to national quality and health care registers – comparison of completeness (in Swedish). 2013 [2014-07-10, date last accessed]; Available from: <http://www.socialstyrelsen.se/Lists/Artikelkatalog/Attachments/19285/2013-12-12.pdf>.
Bröstcancerregistret. Yearly report for the Swedish National Breast Cancer Register 2012 (in Swedish). 2012 [2014-07-10, date last accessed]; Available from: <http://www.cancercentrum.se/Documents/Br%C3%B6stcancer/Nationell_rapport_2012-KORR6.pdf>.
- Capture rate and representativity of The National Prostate Cancer Register of Sweden.Acta Oncol. 2014; ([E-pub])
- Data quality at the Icelandic Cancer Registry: comparability, validity, timeliness and completeness.Acta Oncol. 2012; 51: 880-889
- Data quality at the Cancer Registry of Norway: an overview of comparability, completeness, validity and timeliness.Eur J Cancer. 2009; 45: 1218-1231
- Validity of a population-based cancer register in Sweden–an assessment of data reproducibility in the South-East Region Prostate Cancer Register.Scand J Urol Nephrol. 2003; 37: 112-119