Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
National Registry of Childhood Tumours. Availabe from http://www.ccrg.ox.ac.uk/datasets/registrations.htm [accessed 08 June 2012].
- Declines in IQ scores and cognitive dysfunctions in children with acute lymphocytic leukaemia treated with cranial irradiation.Lancet. 1981; 2: 1015-1018
- Scholarly literature review: management of neurocognitive late effects with stimulant medication.J Pediatr Psychol. 2007; 32: 1111-1126
- Interventions to improve neuropsychological functioning in childhood cancer survivors.Dev Disabil Res Rev. 2008; 14: 251-258
- Cognitive deficits in long-term survivors of childhood brain tumors.Childs Nerv Syst. 1991; 7: 2-12
- Long-term survivors of childhood central nervous system malignancies: the experience of the Childhood Cancer Survivor Study.Eur J Pediatr Neurol. 2010; 14: 298-303
Kahalley LS, Wilson SJ, Tyc VL, et al. Are the psychological needs of adolescent survivors of pediatric cancer adequately identified and treated? Psycho-Oncology, 2013; 22(2):447–458.
- Recovery in pediatric brain injury: is psychostimulant medication beneficial?.J Head Trauma Rehabil. 1998; 13: 73-81
- A 14-month randomised clinical trial of treatment strategies for Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1999; 56: 1073-1086
- Assessing medication effects in the MTA study using neuropsychological outcomes.J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 2006; 47: 446-456
- Patterns of intellectual development among survivors of pediatric medulloblastoma: a longitudinal analysis.J Clin Oncol. 2001; 19: 2302-2308
- Understanding the cognitive impact on children who are treated for medulloblastoma.J Pediat Psychol. 2007; 32: 1040-1049
- White matter fractional anisotropy correlates with speed of processing and motor speed in young childhood cancer survivors.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2009; 74: 837-843
- What have we learned about cognitive development from neuroimaging?.Neuropsychologia. 2006; 44: 2149
- Is the ADHD brain wired differently? A review on structural and functional connectivity in Attentional Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.Hum Brain Mapp. 2010; 31: 904-916
- Developmental model relating white matter volume to neurocognitive deficits in pediatric brain tumor survivors.Cancer. 2003; 97: 2512-2519
- A typical white matter volume development in children following craniospinal irradiation.Neuro-oncology. 2005; 7: 12-19
- Smaller white matter volumes are associated with larger deficits in attention and learning among long-term survivors of acute lymphoblastic leukemia.Cancer. 2006; 106: 941-949
- Neurocognitive sequelae of childhood cancers and their treatment.Pediatr Rehabil. 2004; 7: 1-14
American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders. 4th ed, text revised. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Association; 2000.
World Health Organization (WHO). The ICD-10 classification of mental and behavioural disorders. Geneva: WHO; 1992.
- The Conners’ Continuous Performance Test.Multi-Health Systems, Toronto, Canada1995
- A clinical review of outcomes of the multimodal treatment study of children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (MTA).Curr Atten Disord Rep. 2009; 1: 42-49
- Premorbid prevalence of ADHD and development of secondary ADHD after closed head injury.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1998; 37: 647-654
- Should stimulants be administered to manage difficulties with attention, hyperactivity and impulsivity following paediatric acquired brain injury?.Arch Dis Child. 2012; 97: 755-758
Centre for Review and Dissemination. Systematic reviews. CRD Guidance for Undertaking Reviews in Health Care; 2009. Available from http://www.york.ac.uk/inst/crd/pdf/Systematic_Reviews.pdf. [accessed 18 July 2012].
- Preferred reporting items for systematic review and meta-analyses: the PRISMA statement.Ann Intern Med. 2009; 151: 264-269
- Effect of methylphenidate in the postradiation attention and memory deficits in children.Ann Neurol. 1996; 40: 331-332
- Immediate neurocognitive effects of methylphenidate on learning-impaired survivors of childhood cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2001; 19: 1802-1808
- Short-term efficacy of methylphenidate: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial among survivors of childhood cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2004; 22: 4795-4803
- Acute neurocognitive response to methylphenidate among survivors of childhood cancer: a randomized, double-blind, cross-over trial.J Pediatr Psychol. 2007; 32: 1127-1139
- Long-term efficacy of methylphenidate in enhancing attention regulation, social skills, and academic abilities of childhood cancer survivors.J Clin Oncol. 2010; 28: 4465-4472
- Side effects of methylphenidate in childhood cancer survivors: a randomized placebo-controlled trial.Pediatrics. 2009; 124: 226-233
- Predicting methylphenidate response in long term survivors of childhood cancer: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled crossover trial.J Pediatr Psychol. 2010; 35: 144-155
- Practitioner review. Cognitive rehabilitation for children with acquired brain injury.J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 2005; 46: 339-352
- A multicenter, randomized clinical trial of a cognitive remediation program for childhood survivors of a pediatric malignancy.J Consult Clin Psychol. 2008; 76: 367-378
- A systematic review of psychological interventions to alleviate cognitive and psychosocial problems in children with acquired brain injury.Dev Med Child Neurol. 2011; 53: 692-701
- Methylphenidate in neuropsychological sequelae of radiotherapy and chemotherapy of childhood brain tumors and leukemia.J Child Neurol. 1992; 7: 462-463
- Neurocognitive dysfunction in survivors of childhood brain tumors.Semin Pediatr Neurol. 2012; 19: 35-42
- Functional outcome after low-grade astrocytoma in childhood.Cancer. 2006; 106: 396-402
National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Methylphenidate, atomoxetine and dexamfetamine for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children and adolescents. Review of technology appraisal 13. Technology appraisal 98. London: National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence; 2005.
National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Diagnosis and management of ADHD in children, young people and adults. NICE Clinical Guidance; 2008. p. 72.
- Clinical practice guideline: treatment of the school aged child with attention-deficit/ hyperactivity disorder.Pediatrics. 2001; 108: 1033-1043
- Cancer survivorship practices, services, and delivery: a report from the Children’s Oncology Group (COG) nursing discipline, adolescent/young adult, and late effects committees.J Cancer Surviv. 2011; 5 (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21894490): 345-357
- Intelligence and speed of information processing: a review of 50 years of research.Pers Individ Diff. 2008; 44: 535-551
- Pretreatment neuropsychological deficits in children with brain tumors.Neuro-oncology. 2011; 13: 517-524
- Measuring the neuro-cognitive side-effects of irradiation in children with brain tumors.Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2004; 42: 452-456
- Neurocognitive impairment in children treated for cancer: How do we measure cognitive outcomes?.J Pediatr Oncol Nurs. 2008; 25: 227-232
- The COMET (Core Outcome Measures in Effectiveness Trails) initiative.Trials. 2011; 12: A70
- Implementation of multi-site neurocognitive assessments within a pediatric cooperative group: can it be done?.Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2012; 59: 536-539
- ADHD treatment and academic performance: a case series.J Fam Pract. 2003; 52: 620-626
- Psychosocial treatments for children with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder.Neuropsychol Rev. 2007; 17: 73-89