Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Cancer
- Socioeconomic variation in participation in colorectal cancer screening.J Med Screen. 2002; 9: 104-108
- Colorectal cancer, screening and survival: the influence of socio-economic deprivation.Public Health. 2003; 117 (Nov): 389-395
- Association of socioeconomic status and receipt of colorectal cancer investigations: a population-based retrospective cohort study.CMAJ. 2004; 171 (Aug 31): 461-465
- Social inequalities in stage at diagnosis of rectal but not in colonic cancer: a nationwide study.Brit J Cancer. 2008; 98 (Feb 12): 668-673
- The late-stage diagnosis of colorectal cancer: demographic and socioeconomic factors.Am J Public Health. 1996; 86 (Dec): 1794-1797
- Colorectal cancer stage at diagnosis by socioeconomic and urban/rural status in California, 1988–2000.Cancer. 2006; 107 (Sep 1): 1189-1195
- Social class and colon cancer survival in Finland.Cancer. 1992; 70 (Jul 15): 402-409
- Inequalities in survival from colorectal cancer: a comparison of the impact of deprivation, treatment, and host factors on observed and cause specific survival.J Epidemiol Community Health. 2003; 57 (Apr): 301-309
- Influence of socioeconomic status on prognosis of colorectal cancer. A population-based study in Cote D’Or, France.Cancer. 1993; 72 (Aug 15): 1165-1170
- Deprivation, stage at diagnosis and cancer survival.Int J Cancer. 1995; 63 (Nov 3): 324-329
- Racial disparities and socioeconomic status in association with survival in a large population-based cohort of elderly patients with colon cancer.Cancer. 2007; 110 (Aug 1): 660-669
- Social deprivation and outcomes in colorectal cancer.Br J Surg. 2006; 93 (Sep): 1123-1131
Danish Colorectal Cancer Group. Annual report 2004. Årsrapport 2004. Landsdækkende database for kræft i tyktarm og endetarm. Danish Colorectal Cancer Group; 2006.
Statistics Denmark. IDA – an integrated database for labour market research. Main report; 1991.
- Statistical analysis with missing data.2nd ed. John Wiley & Sons, New Jersey2002
- The completeness and quality of the Danish Colorectal Cancer clinical database on colorectal cancer.Ugeskr Laeger. 2004; 166 (Aug 30): 3092-3095
- Postcodes don’t indicate individuals’ social class.BMJ. 1999; 319 (Oct 9): 1003-1004
- Education, income, and occupational class cannot be used interchangeably in social epidemiology. Empirical evidence against a common practice.Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health. 2006; 60 (Sep 1): 804-810
- Missing data. Regression modeling strategies: with applications to linear models, logistic regression, and survival analysis.1st ed. Springer-Verlag, New York2001 (p. 41–51)
- Use of multiple imputation in the epidemiologic literature.Am J Epidemiol. 2008; 168 (Aug 15): 355-357
- Short-term pre-operative smoking cessation intervention does not affect postoperative complications in colorectal surgery: a randomized clinical trial.Colorectal Dis. 2003; 5 (Jul): 347-352
- Are patients truthful about their smoking habits? A validation of self-report about smoking cessation with biochemical markers of smoking activity amongst patients with ischaemic heart disease.J Int Med. 2001; 249 (Feb): 145-151
- Evaluation of objective measures of smoking status–a prospective clinical study in a group of head and neck cancer patients treated with radiotherapy.Acta Oncol. 2003; 42: 154-159
Glümer C, Hilding-Nørkjær H, Nordahl-Jensen H, Jørgensen T, Andreasen AH, Ladelund S. Sundhedsprofil for Region og Kommuner i Region Hovedstaden 2008. 2008.
National Institute of Public Health. Folkesundhedsrapporten, Danmark 2007. Copenhagen, National Institute of Public Health, University of Southern Denmark, 2007. Copenhagen; 2007.
- Socioeconomic inequalities in morbidity and mortality in Western Europe. The EU Working Group on Socioeconomic Inequalities in Health.Lancet. 1997; 349 (Jun 7): 1655-1659
- Comorbidity and colorectal cancer according to subsite and stage: a population-based study.Eur J Cancer. 2000; 36 (Jan): 95-99
- Comorbidity in older surgical cancer patients: influence on patient care and outcome.Eur J Cancer. 2007; 43 (Oct): 2179-2193
Folkesundhedsrapporten, Denmark 2007. Copenhagen, National Institute of Public Health, University of Southern Denmark, 2007. Copenhagen; 2008.
- Postoperative medical complications are the main cause of early death after emergency surgery for colonic cancer.Brit J Surg. 2008; 95 (Aug): 1012-1019
- Risk factors for clinical anastomotic leakage and postoperative mortality in elective surgery for rectal cancer.Int J Colorectal Dis. 2007; 22 (Aug): 919-927
- Lifestyle and 30-day complications to surgery for colorectal cancer.Acta Oncol. 2005; 44: 218-223
- Preoperative alcoholism and postoperative morbidity.Br J Surg. 1999; 86 (Jul): 869-874
- Smoking and alcohol abuse are major risk factors for anastomotic leakage in colorectal surgery.Brit J Surg. 1999; 86 (Jul): 927-931
- Obesity in general elective surgery.Lancet. 2003; 361 (Jun 14): 2032-2035
- Impact of obesity on surgical outcomes after colorectal resection.Am J Surg. 2000; 179 (Apr): 275-281
- Overweight, obesity, and mortality from cancer in a prospectively studied cohort of US adults.N Engl J Med. 2003; 348 (Apr 24): 1625-1638
- Survival of rectal cancer patients in Denmark during 1994–99.Colorectal Dis. 2004; 6 (May): 153-157
- Influence of caseload and surgical speciality on outcome following surgery for colorectal cancer: a review of evidence Part 1: short-term outcome.Colorectal Dis. 2007; 9 (Jan): 28-37
- Assessment of operative risk in colorectal cancer surgery: the Cleveland Clinic Foundation colorectal cancer model.Dis Colon Rectum. 2004; 47 (Dec): 2015-2024