Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Cancer
- Estève J. De Angelis G. Verdecchia A. Trends in cancer survival probability in Europe over the period 1978–1989. Survival of cancer patients in Europe: the EUROCARE-2 study (IARC scientific publications no. 151). International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon1999
- Recent cancer survival in Europe: a 2000–2002 period analysis.Lancet Oncol. 2007; 8: 784-796
- The EUROCARE-4 database of cancer survival in Europe: Data standardization, quality control and methods of statistical analysis.Eur J Cancer. 2009; 45: 909-930
- Standard cancer population for estimating age standardized survival ratios.Eur J Cancer. 2004; 40: 2307-2316
- Meta-analysis in clinical trials.Control Clin Trials. 1986; 7: 177-188
Berrino F, Capocaccia R, Coleman MP, et al., editors. Survival of cancer patients in Europe. The EUROCARE-3 study. Ann Oncol 2003;14(Suppl. 5):v9–155.
- Comparison of time trends in stomach cancer incidence (1973–1997) in East Asia, Europe and USA, from cancer incidence in five continents, vol. IV–VIII.J Clin Oncol. 2007; 37: 242-243
- GLOBOCAN 2002: cancer incidence, mortality and prevalence worldwide. IARC cancer base no. 5 (version 2.0).IARC Press, Lyon2004
- Explaining gastric cancer survival differences among European countries.Int J Cancer. 2004; 109: 737-741
- Clinicopathologic characteristics of gastric cancer in a young patient population.J Gastrointest Surg. 2004; 8: 240-244
- Prognostic comparison of the pathological classifications of gastric cancer: a population-based study.Histopathology. 1998; 33: 304-310
- Locally advanced and metastatic gastric cancer: current management and new treatment developments.Drugs. 2008; 68: 299-317
- Tumori. 1997; 83: 1-507
- Relationship of diagnostic and therapeutic delay with survival in colorectal cancer: a review.Eur J Cancer. 2007; 43: 2467-2478
- Cetuximab plus FOLFOX-4 for fully resected stage III colon carcinoma: scientific background and the ongoing PETACC-8 trial.Exp Rev Anticancer Ther. 2008; 8: 183-189
The NHS cancer plan: a plan for investment, a plan for reform. <http://www.dh.gov.uk/>; 2006 [accessed 01.12.2006].
- Differences in treatment and survival rates of non-small-cell lung cancer in three regions of France.Brit J Cancer. 1995; 72: 1278-1282
- Early lung cancer action project: overall design and findings from baseline screening.Lancet. 1999; 354: 99-105
- Lung cancer screening with low-dose computed tomography: a non-invasive diagnostic protocol for baseline lung nodules.Lung Cancer. 2008; 61: 340-349
Organisation for economic co-operation and development. OECD health data 2004. 1st ed. Paris: OECD; 2004.
- Smoking affects prognosis after lung cancer surgery.Surg Today. 2008; 38: 227-231
- Breast cancer screening programmes in 22 countries: current policies, administration and guidelines international breast cancer screening network (IBSN) and the European network of pilot projects for breast cancer screening.Int J Epidemiol. 1998; 27: 735-742
- Early diagnosis, not differential treatment, explains better survival in service screening.Eur J Cancer. 2005; 41: 2728-2734
- Sexual behaviour and smoking as determinants of cervical HPV infection and CIN3 among those infected. A case control study nested within the Manchester cohort.Brit J Cancer. 2000; 83: 1565-1572
- Pharmaceutical management of ovarian cancer: current status.Drugs. 2008; 68: 771-789
- The impact of comorbidity and stage on ovarian cancer mortality: a nationwide Danish cohort study.BMC Cancer. 2008; 8: 31
- Interpreting trends in prostate cancer incidence and mortality in the five Nordic countries.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2007; 19: 1881-1887
- Cancer surveillance series: interpreting trends in prostate cancer – part I: evidence of the effects of screening in recent prostate cancer incidence, mortality, and survival rates.J Natl Cancer Inst. 1999; 91: 1017-1024
- Prostate-specific antigen testing in general practice. A survey among 325 general practitioners in Denmark.Scand J Urol Nephrol. 2005; 39: 3214-3218
- Advances in the treatment of haematological malignancies: optimal sequence of CML treatment.Ann Oncol. 2007; 18: 58-63
- Advances in the biology and therapy of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: moving toward a molecularly targeted approach.Blood. 2005; 106: 1164-1174
- From the bench to the bedside: emerging new treatments in multiple myeloma.Best Pract Res Clin Haematol. 2007; 20: 797-816
- Patient survival for all cancers combined as indicator of cancer control in Europe.Eur J Public Health. 2008; 18: 527-532
- Survival for eight major cancers and all cancers combined for European adults diagnosed in 1995–1999: results of the EUROCARE-4 study.Lancet Oncol. 2007; 8: 773-793