Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
UK Department of Health. The NHS cancer plan: a plan for investment, a plan for reform. <http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Publicationsandstatistics/Publications/PublicationsPolicyAndGuidance/DH_4009609>; 2000 [accessed 25.11.07].
- The Calman–Hine report: a personal retrospective on the UK’s first comprehensive policy on cancer services.Lancet Oncol. 2006; 7: 336-346
Berrino F, Capocaccia R, Coleman MP, et al., editors. Survival of cancer patients in Europe. The EUROCARE-3 study. Ann Oncol 2003;14(Suppl.):v9–155.
- Survival of eight major cancers and all cancers combined for European adults diagnosed in 1995–99: results of the EUROCARE-4 study.Lancet Oncol. 2007; 8: 773-783
- An alternative approach to monitoring cancer patient survival.Cancer. 1996; 78: 2004-2010
- Up-to-date survival curves of patients with cancer by period analysis.J Clin Oncol. 2002; 20: 826-832
- Use of period analysis for providing more up-to-date estimates of long-term survival rates: empirical evaluation among 370,000 cancer patients in Finland.Int J Epidemiol. 2002; 31: 456-462
- Up-to-date long-term survival of cancer patients: an evaluation of period analysis on Swedish Cancer Registry data.Eur J Cancer. 2004; 40: 1361-1372
- Period analysis for ‘up-to-date’ cancer survival data: theory, empirical evaluation, computational realisation and applications.Eur J Cancer. 2004; 40: 326-335
- Recent cancer survival in Europe: a 2000–02 period analysis.Lancet Oncol. 2007; 8: 784-796
- The relative survival rate: a statistical methodology.Natl Cancer Inst Monogr. 1961; 6: 101-121
- The relative survival rate.Cancer. 1995; 76: 1687-1688
- Cancer survival corrected for heterogeneity in patient withdrawal.Biometrics. 1982; 39: 933-942
SEER*Stat Release 6.3.6. <http://seer.cancer.gov/seerstat/> [accessed 25.11.07].
- Standard cancer population for estimating age standardized survival ratios.Eur J Cancer. 2004; 40: 2307-2316
- The EUROCARE-4 database on cancer survival in Europe: Data standardisation, quality control and methods of statistical analysis.Eur J Cancer. 2009; 45: 909-930
- Cancer survival increases in Europe, but international differences remain wide.Eur J Cancer. 2001; 37: 1659-1667
- EUROCARE-3 summary: cancer survival in Europe at the end of the 20th century.Ann Oncol. 2003; 14: v128-v149
- European health systems and cancer care.Ann Oncol. 2003; 14: v41-v60
- Does the UK really have an effective cancer plan?.Lancet Oncol. 2007; 8: 747
- Unchanged survival of gastric cancer in the southeastern Netherlands since 1982: result of differential trends in incidence according to Laurén type and subsite.Int J Cancer. 1999; 84: 28-32
- Is Helicobacter pylori infection a necessary condition for non-cardia gastric cancer?.Am J Epidemiol. 2004; 159: 252-258
- Helicobacter pylori infection in Eastern Europe: seroprevalence in the Polish population of Lower Silesia.Am J Gastroenterol. 1996; 91: 2513-2515
- Adjuvant treatment for elderly patients with stage III colon cancer in the southern Netherlands is affected by socioeconomic status, gender, and comorbidity.Ann Oncol. 2005; 16: 767-772
- Comorbidity in older surgical cancer patients: influence on patient care and outcome.Eur J Cancer. 2007; 43: 2179-2193
- The global smoking epidemic: a history and status report.Clin Lung Cancer. 2004; 5: 371-376
- Time trends of breast cancer survival in Europe in relation to incidence and mortality.Int J Cancer. 2006; 119: 2417-2422
- Breast cancer mortality patterns and time trends in 10 new EU member states: mortality declining in young women, but still increasing in the elderly.Int J Cancer. 2004; 112: 1056-1062
- Self-reported prostate cancer screening in Austria.J Med Screen. 2006; 13: 148-151
- The changing evolution of renal tumours: a single center experience over a two-decade period.Eur Urol. 2004; 45: 490-493
- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma: an update.Lancet Oncol. 2004; 5: 341-353
- CHOP-like chemotherapy plus rituximab versus CHOP-like chemotherapy alone in young patients with good-prognosis diffuse large-B-cell lymphoma: a randomised controlled trial by the MabThera International Trial (MInT) Group.Lancet Oncol. 2006; 7: 379-391
- Very long-term survival rates of patients with cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2002; 20: 4405-4409
- EUROCARE-4 studies bring new data on cancer survival.Lancet Oncol. 2007; 8: 752-753