Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Cancer
- Cancer survival in five continents: a worlwide population-based study (CONCORD).Lancet Oncol. 2008; 9: 730-756
- Long-term sequelae after cancer therapy. Survivorship after treatment for testicular cancer.Acta Oncologica. 2004; 43: 134-141
- Noncancer causes of death in survivors of testicular cancer.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2007; 99: 533-544
- Second cancers among 40, 576 testicular cancer patients: focus on long-term survivors.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2005; 97: 1354-1365
- Treatment-specific risks of second malignancies and cardiovascular disease in 5-year survivors of testicular cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2007; 25: 4341-4343
- Second malignancy risk associated with treatment of Hodgkin´s lymphoma: meta-analysis of randomised trials.Ann Oncol. 2006; 17: 1749-1760
- Second malignant neoplasms among long-term survivors of Hodgkin’s disease: a population-based evaluation over 25 years.J Clin Oncol. 2002; 20: 3484-3494
- Breast cancer following radiotherapy and chemotherapy among young women with Hodgkin disease.JAMA. 2003; 290: 465-475
- Adjuvant tamoxifen and second cancers.Lancet. 1989; 8638: 616
- Late cardiotoxicity after treatment for Hodgkin lymphoma.Blood. 2007; 109: 1878-1886
Early Breast Cancer Trialists’Collaborative Group (EBCTCG). Effects of radiotherapy and of differences in the extent of surgery for early breast cancer in local recurrence and 15-year survival: an overview of the randomised trials. Lancet 2005;366:2087–106.
- Long-term risk of cardiovascular disease in 10-year survivors of breast cancer.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2007; 99: 365-375
- Cardiovascular complications of cancer therapy: diagnosis, pathogenesis, and management.Circulation. 2004; 109: 3122-3131
- Is the sexual function compromised in long-term testicular cancer survivors?.Eur Urol. 2007; 52: 1438-1447
Fosså SD, Loge JH, Dahl AA. Long-term survivorship after cancer: how far we come? Ann Oncol 2008;(Suppl 5):25–9.
- Study of anxiety and depression in long-term survivors of testicular cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23: 2389-2395
- Chronic fatigue in long-term survivors of testicular cancer.J Psychosom Res. 2008; 64: 363-371
- Side-effects and cancer-related stress determine quality of life in long-term survivors of testicular cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23: 3061-3068
- Cancer risks attributable to low doses of ionizing radiation: Assessing what we really know.Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2003; 100: 13761-13766
- Solid tumor risks after high doses of ionizing radiation.Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2005; 102: 13040-13045
- The dabate on the use of linear no threshold for assessing the effects of low doses.J Radiol Prot. 2006; 26: 317-324
- Threshold dose-response in radiation carcinogenesis: an approach from chronic beta-irradiation experiments and a review of non-tumour doses.Int J Radiat Biol. 2001; 77: 541-551
- Evidence of lack of DNA double-strand break repair in human celles exposed to very low x-ray doses.Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2003; 100: 5057-5062
- In vivo formation and repair of DNA double-strand breaks after computed tomography examinations.Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2005; 102: 8984-8989
- DNA damage-related RNA expression to assess individual sensitivity to ionizing radiation.Carcinogenesis. 2001; 8: 1179-1183
- Differential responses of stress genes to low dose-rate gamma irradiation.Mol Cancer Res. 2003; 1: 445-452
- Low-dose exposure to gamma rays induces specific gene regulations in normal keratinocytes.Radiat Res. 2005; 163: 623-635
Cardis E, Vrijheid M, Blettner M, et al. Risk of cancer after low doses of ionizing radiation: retrospective cohort study in 15 countries. BMJ 2005;331:77.
- Radon in homes and risk of lung cancer: collaborative analysis of individual data from 15 European case-control studies.BMJ. 2005; 330: 223-226
- Cardiac exposures in breast cancer radiotherapy: 1950–1990s.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007; 69: 1484-1495
- The linear-quadratic formula and progress in fractionated radiotherapy: a review.Brit J Radiol. 1989; 62: 679-694
- Studien über die Cumulative Wirkung der Röntgenstrahlen bei Fraktionierung, Erfahrungen aus dem Radiumhemmet an 280 Haut- und Lippencarzinomen.Acta Radiol. 1994; 55: 1-300
Ellis F. The relationship of biological effect to dose-time fractionation factors in radiotherapy. In: Ebert M & Howards A, editors. Current topics in radiation research; 1968.
- Breast radiation injury litigation, RAGE Radiotherapy Action Group Exposure.Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol). 1999; 11: 138-139
- Breast radiation injury litigation (letter).Brit J Radiol. 1999; 72: 925
- Randomized trial of breast irradiation schedules after lumpectomy for women with lymph node-negative breast cancer.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2002; 94: 1143-1150
The START Trialist’s Group. The UK Standardisation of Breast Radiotherapy (START) Trial B of radiotherapy hypofractionation for treatment of early breast cancer: a randomised trial. Lancet 2008;371:1098–107.
- Hypofractionation in radiotherapy for breast cancer.Lancet. 2008; 371: 1050-1052
- Fat necrosis after partial-breast irradiation with brachytherapy or electron irradiation versus standard whole-breast radiotherapy-4-year results of a randomized trial.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007; 69: 724-731
- Second malignant neoplasms after a first cancer in childhood: temporal pattern of risk according to type of treatment.Br J Cancer. 1999; 79: 1884-1893
- Radiation dose, chemotherapy and risk of soft tissue sarcoma after solid tumours during childhood.Int J Cancer. 2004; 110: 87-93
- Concomitant chemo-radiotherapy and local dose of radiation as risk factors for second malignant neoplasms after solid cancer in childhood: a case-control study.Int J Cancer. 2007; 120: 96-102
- Risk of second malignant neoplasm after cancer in childhood treated with radiotherapy: correlation with the integral dose restricted to the irradiated fields.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2008; 70: 908-915
- Second primary cancers in thyroid cancer patients: a multinational record linkage study.J Clin Endocrinal Metab. 2006; 91: 1819-1825
- Second primary malignancies in thyroid cancer patients.Br J Cancer. 2003; 89: 1638-1644
- Blood pressure and body mass index in long-term survivors of testicular cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23: 4980-4990
Curtis RE, Freedman DM, Ron E, et al. New malignancies among cancer survivors: SEER Cancer Registries, 1973–2000. National Cancer Institute, NIH Publ No. 05-5302, Bethesda, MD; 2006.
- Follow-up of long-term cancer survivors in the Nordic countries.Acta Oncol. 2007; 46: 433-440
☆The Workshop was held in Budapest, November 8, 2007. OECI: Organisation of European Cancer Institutes.