Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Cancer
Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW) & Australasian Association of Cancer Registries (AACR). Cancer in Australia 2001. AIHW cat. no. CAN 23. Canberra: AIHW (Cancer Series no. 28); 2004.
- Burnout and psychiatric disorder among cancer clinicians.Br J Cancer. 1995; 71: 1263-1269
- Burnout syndrome in the practice of oncology: Results of a random survey of 1000 oncologists.J Clin Oncol. 1991; 9: 1916-1920
- Burnout in the practice of oncology: Results of a follow-up survey.J Clin Oncol. 2004; 22: 6053
- Burnout as a clinical entity: its importance in health care workers.Occup Med (Lond). 1998; 48: 237-250
- Association of perceived medical errors with resident distress and empathy.JAMA. 2006; 296: 1071-1078
- Understanding physicians ‘intentions to withdraw from practice: the role of job satisfaction, job stress, mental and physical health.Health Care Manage Rev. 2000; 26: 7-19
- Burnout and self-reported patient care in an internal medicine residency program.Ann Int Med. 2002; 136: 358-367
- Nurse burnout and patient satisfaction.Med Care. 2004; 42: 57-66
- The relationship between job satisfaction and health: A meta-analysis.Occup Environ Med. 2005; 62: 105-112
- Cancer care workers in Ontario: prevalence of burnout, job stress and job satisfaction.CMAJ. 2000; 163: 166-169
- Caregiver stress and burnout in an oncology unit.Palliative Supportive Care. 2006; 4: 65-81
- Burnout in radiation therapists: the predictive value of selected stressors.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2002; 52: 816-821
- Burnout in chairs of obstetrics and gynecology: diagnosis, treatment, and prevention. Transactions of the annual meeting of the American gynecological and obstetrical society. 12–14. Hotsprings (VA), USA2002 (September)
- Job stress and satisfaction among clinical radiologists.Clin Radiol. 2000; 55: 182-185
- Job stress and job satisfaction of cancer care workers.Psychooncology. 2005; 14: 61-69
- Mental health of hospital consultants: the effects of stress and satisfaction at work.Lancet. 1996; 347: 724-728
- Burnout and psychiatric morbidity among physicians engaged in end-of-life care for cancer patients: a cross-sectional nationwide survey in Japan.Psychooncology. 2007; 16: 421-428
- Job stress and coping strategies in health care professionals working with cancer patients.Eur J Oncol Nurs. 2004; 8: 234-244
- Relationships between stressors, work supports, and burnout among cancer nurses.Cancer Nurs. 2006; 29: 338-345
- Oncology/haematology nurses: a study of job satisfaction, burnout, and intention to leave the specialty.Aust Health Rev. 2002; 25: 109-121
- Maslach burnout inventory manual.2nd ed. Consulting Psychologists Press, Palo Alto, CA1986
- The MBI-general survey.in: Maslach C. Jackson S.E. Leiter M.P. Maslach burnout inventory manual. 3rd ed. Consulting Psychologists Press, Palo Alto, CA1996: 19-26
- Physician burnout: recommendations for HMO managers.HMO Practice/HMO Group. 1994; 8: 58-63
Kessler RC, Andrews G, Colpe L, et al. Short screening scales to monitor population prevalences and trends in non-specific psychological distress [paper]. Cambridge, MA: Department of Health Care Policy, Harvard Medical School; 2000.
Australian Mental Health Outcomes and Classification Network. Kessler – 10 training manual. Parramatta, NSW: NSW Institute of Psychiatry, 2005.
- Job satisfaction, stress, and burnout among Canadian gynaecologic oncologists.Gynecol Oncol. 2004; 94: 134-139
Australian Bureau of Statistics. National Health Survey 2001. Canberra: ABS, 2002. (ABS Cat No 4364.0.).
- Stress and burnout in doctors.Lancet. 2002; 360: 1975-1976
- Chairman’s Report.MOG Newslett. 2002; : 1-2
- Predictors of burnout and job satisfaction among Turkish physicians.QJM. 2006; 99: 161-169
- Validation of a single-item measure of burnout against the Maslach Burnout Inventory among physicians.Stress Health. 2004; 20: 75-79
- Long-term palliative care workers: more than a story of endurance.J Palliative Care Med. 2002; 5: 865-875
- Caring for the caregiver in oncology and palliative care.Semin Oncol Nurs. 1998; 14: 152-157
- Improving stressful working lives: complementory therapies, counselling and clinical supervision.Eur J Oncol Nurs. 2005; 9: 147-154
- Survey of medical oncology fellows’ burnout, communication skills, and perceived competencies.J Clin Oncol. 2004; 22: 8132
- Efficacy of a cancer research UK communications skills training model for oncologist: a randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2002; 359: 650-656
- Enduring impact of communication skills training: results of a 12-month follow-up.Brit J Cancer. 2003; 89: 1445-1449