Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Prognostic impact of increasing age and co-morbidity in cancer patients: a population-based approach.Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2005; 55: 231-240
Nationaal Kompas Volksgezondheid. In. version 3.9 ed: RIVM.
- Alternative projections of mortality and disability by cause 1990–2020: Global Burden of Disease Study.Lancet. 1997; 349: 1498-1504
- Low lung function and incident lung cancer in the United States: data From the First National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey follow-up.Arch Intern Med. 2003; 163: 1475-1480
- Impaired lung function and lung cancer incidence in a cohort of Swedish construction workers.Thorax. 2007; 62: 51-56
- Previous pulmonary diseases and risk of lung cancer in Gansu Province, China.Int J Epidemiol. 2001; 30: 118-124
- Role of oxygen free radicals in cancer development.Eur J Cancer. 1996; 32A: 30-38
- Regulation of mucociliary clearance in health and disease.Eur Respir J. 1999; 13: 1177-1188
- Coebergh J.W.W. Janssen-Heijnen M.L.G. Louwman W.J. Voogd A.C. Cancer incidence, care and survival in the South of the Netherlands, 1955–1999: a report of the Eindhoven Cancer Registry with cross border implications. 1st ed. Comprehensive Cancer Centre South (IKZ), Eindhoven2001
- A comparison of the Charlson comorbidity index derived from medical record data and administrative billing data.J Clin Epidemiol. 1999; 52: 137-142
- A new method of classifying prognostic comorbidity in longitudinal studies: development and validation.J Chronic Dis. 1987; 40: 373-383
- Sociaal-economische status indicator op postcode niveau.Maandstatistiek van de bevolking. 2002; 50: 32-35
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: definition and epidemiology.Respir Care. 2003; 48 (discussion 1191-3): 1185-1191
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease surveillance–United States, 1971–2000.Respir Care. 2002; 47: 1184-1199
- Early detection of COPD: A case finding study in general practice.Respir Med. 2006;
- Lung function testing in the elderly-Can we still use FEV(1)/FVC < 70% as a criterion of COPD?.Respir Med. 2007; 101: 1097-1105
- State of the art. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, inflammation, and lung cancer.Proc Am Thorac Soc. 2006; 3: 535-537
Tobacco smoke and involuntary smoking. IARC Monogr Eval Carcinog Risks Hum 2004;83:1–1438.
- Never-smokers with lung cancer: epidemiologic evidence of a distinct disease entity.J Clin Oncol. 2006; 24: 2245-2251
- Effect of age and comorbidity in postmenopausal breast cancer patients aged 55 years and older.Jama. 2001; 285: 885-892
- Smoking and lung cancer survival: the role of comorbidity and treatment.Chest. 2004; 125: 27-37
- Operative mortality and respiratory complications after lung resection for cancer: impact of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and time trends.Ann Thorac Surg. 2006; 81: 1830-1837
- Prognostic importance of comorbidity in a hospital-based cancer registry.Jama. 2004; 291: 2441-2447
- Impact of comorbidity on lung cancer survival.Int J Cancer. 2003; 103: 792-802
- Improved survival in never-smokers vs current smokers with primary adenocarcinoma of the lung.Chest. 2004; 126: 347-351
- Multimorbidity and survival in older persons with colorectal cancer.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2006; 54: 1898-1904
- Comorbidity and age as predictors of risk for early mortality of male and female colon carcinoma patients: a population-based study.Cancer. 1998; 82: 2123-2134
- Which comorbid conditions predict complications after surgery for colorectal cancer?.World J Surg. 2007; 31: 192-199
- Impact of comorbidity on the outcome of laryngeal squamous cancer.Head Neck. 2003; 25: 1019-1026
- Less extensive treatment and inferior prognosis for breast cancer patient with comorbidity: a population-based study.Eur J Cancer. 2005; 41: 779-785
- Survival of women with breast cancer in relation to smoking.Eur J Surg. 2000; 166: 852-858
Janssen-Heijnen ML, Houterman S, Lemmens VE, Rutten HJ, Maas HA, Coebergh JW. Comorbidity in older surgical patients: influence on patient care and outcome. Eur J Cancer;in press.
- Comorbidity independently predicted death in older prostate cancer patients, more of whom died with than from their disease.J Clin Epidemiol. 2004; 57: 721-729
- Impact of comorbidity on treatment and prognosis of prostate cancer patients: a population-based study.Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2006; 58: 60-67
- Age and comorbidity impact surgical therapy in older bladder carcinoma patients: a population-based study.Cancer. 2005; 104: 1638-1647
- Less aggressive treatment and worse overall survival in cancer patients with diabetes: a large population based analysis.Int J Cancer. 2007; 120: 1986-1992