Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Rectal cancer: the Basingstoke experience of total mesorectal excision, 1978-1997.Arch Surg. 1998; 133: 894-899
- Impact of the introduction and training of total mesorectal excision on recurrence and survival in rectal cancer in The Netherlands.Br J Surg. 2002; 89: 1142-1149
- Total mesorectal excision (TME) with or without preoperative radiotherapy in the treatment of primary rectal cancer. Prospective randomised trial with standard operative and histopathological techniques. Dutch ColoRectal Cancer Group.Eur J Surg. 1999; 165: 410-420
- Completeness of cancer registration in Limburg, The Netherlands.Int J Epidemiol. 1993; 22: 369-376
- Preoperative radiotherapy combined with total mesorectal excision for resectable rectal cancer.New Engl J Med. 2001; 345: 638-646
Peeters KC, Marijnen CA, Nagtegaal ID, et al. The randomized controlled TME trialafter a median follow up of 6 years: increased local control but no survival benefit in irradiated patients with resectable rectal carcinoma. Ann Surg 2007 [in press].
- Improved survival of patients with rectal cancer since 1980: a population-based study.Eur J Cancer. 2003; 39: 2073-2079
- Improved survival in cancer of the colon and rectum in Sweden.Eur J Surg Oncol. 2005; 31: 845-853
- Acute side effects and complications after short-term preoperative radiotherapy combined with total mesorectal excision in primary rectal cancer: report of a multicenter randomized trial.J Clin Oncol. 2002; 20: 817-825
- Elderly patients with rectal cancer have a higher risk of treatment-related complications and a poorer prognosis than younger patients: a population-based study.Eur J Cancer. 2006; 42: 3015-3021
- Validation of risk assessment scoring systems for an audit of elective surgery for gastrointestinal cancer in elderly patients.Int J Surg. 2007; (epub)
- A newly devised scoring system for prediction of mortality in patients with colorectal cancer: a prospective study.Lancet Oncol. 2007; 8: 317-322
- Pre-operative radiotherapy for rectal carcinoma? Has the case really been made for short course pre-operative radiotherapy if surgical standards for rectal carcinoma are optimal?.Colorectal Dis. 2004; 6: 10-14
- Local recurrence after rectal cancer resection is strongly related to the plane of surgical dissection and is further reduced by preoperative short course radiotherapy. Preliminary results of the MRC CR07 trial.J Clin Oncol. 2006; 24: A3512
- Rectal cancer irradiation Long course, short course or something else?.Acta oncol (Stockholm, Sweden). 2006; 45: 1013-1017
- Risk factors for anastomotic failure after total mesorectal excision of rectal cancer.Br J Surg. 2005; 92: 211-216
- Impact of short-term preoperative radiotherapy on health-related quality of life and sexual functioning in primary rectal cancer: report of a multicenter randomized trial.J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23: 1847-1858
- Late side effects of short-course preoperative radiotherapy combined with total mesorectal excision for rectal cancer: increased bowel dysfunction in irradiated patients–a Dutch colorectal cancer group study.J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23: 6199-6206
- Rectal cancer in the elderly: patients’ perception of bowel control after restorative surgery.Dis colon rectum. 2004; 47: 287-290
Lange MM, den Dulk M, Bossema ER, Maas CP, et al. Cooperative clinical investigators of the TME-trial. Risk factors for faecal incontinence after rectal cancer treatment. Br J Surg 2007 [in press].
- A multivariate analysis of limiting factors for stoma reversal in patients with rectal cancer entered into the total mesorectal excision (TME) trial: a retrospective study.Lancet Oncol. 2007; 8: 297-303
Habr-Gama A, Perez RO, Proscurshim I, et al. Patterns of failure and survival for nonoperative treatment of stage c0 distal rectal cancer following neoadjuvant chemoradiation therapy. J Gastrointest Surg 2006;10(10):1319–28; discussion 1328–1319.