Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Preoperative radiotherapy for resectable rectal cancer: a meta-analysis.JAMA. 2000; 284: 1008-1015
Adjuvant radiotherapy for rectal cancer: a systematic overview of 8,507 patients from 22 randomised trials. Colorectal Cancer Collaborative Group. Lancet 2001;358:1291–1304.
Preoperative short-term radiation therapy in operable rectal carcinoma. A prospective randomized trial. Stockholm Rectal Cancer Study Group. Cancer 1990;66:49–55.
Initial report from a Swedish multicentre study examining the role of preoperative irradiation in the treatment of patients with resectable rectal carcinoma. Swedish Rectal Cancer Trial. Br J Surg 1993;80:1333–6.
Improved survival with preoperative radiotherapy in resectable rectal cancer. Swedish Rectal Cancer Trial. N Engl J Med 1997;336:980–7.
- Swedish Rectal Cancer Trial: long lasting benefits from radiotherapy on survival and local recurrence rate.J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23: 5644-5650
- Pre- or postoperative radiotherapy in rectal and rectosigmoid carcinoma. Report from a randomized multicenter trial.Ann Surg. 1990; 211: 187-195
- Preoperative or postoperative irradiation in adenocarcinoma of the rectum: final treatment results of a randomized trial and an evaluation of late secondary effects.Dis Colon Rectum. 1993; 36: 564-572
- Effective surgical adjuvant therapy for high-risk rectal carcinoma.N Engl J Med. 1991; 324: 709-715
- Preoperative radiotherapy combined with total mesorectal excision for resectable rectal cancer.N Engl J Med. 2001; 345: 638-646
- Circumferential margin involvement is still an important predictor of local recurrence in rectal carcinoma: not one millimeter but two millimeters is the limit.Am J Surg Pathol. 2002; 26: 350-357
- Acute side effects and complications after short-term preoperative radiotherapy combined with total mesorectal excision in primary rectal cancer: report of a multicenter randomized trial.J Clin Oncol. 2002; 20: 817-825
- Impact of short-term preoperative radiotherapy on health-related quality of life and sexual functioning in primary rectal cancer: report of a multicenter randomized trial.J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23: 1847-1858
- Late side effects of short-course preoperative radiotherapy combined with total mesorectal excision for rectal cancer: increased bowel dysfunction in irradiated patients – a Dutch colorectal cancer group study.J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23: 6199-6206
Peeters KC, Marijnen CA, Nagtegaal ID, et al. The TME-trial after a median follow up of 6 years: increased local control but no survival benefit in irradiated patients with resectable rectal carcinoma. Ann Surg [in press].
- Preoperative versus postoperative chemoradiotherapy for rectal cancer.N Engl J Med. 2004; 351: 1731-1740
- Chemotherapy with preoperative radiotherapy in rectal cancer.N Engl J Med. 2006; 355: 1114-1123
- Preoperative radiotherapy with or without concurrent fluorouracil and leucovorin in T3-4 rectal cancers: results of FFCD 9203.J Clin Oncol. 2006; 24: 4620-4625
- Long-term results of a randomized trial comparing preoperative short-course radiotherapy with preoperative conventionally fractionated chemoradiation for rectal cancer.Br J Surg. 2006; 93: 1215-1223
- A population-based study of rectal cancer: permanent colostomy as an outcome.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1999; 45: 1185-1191
- Who gets adjuvant treatment for stage II and III rectal cancer? Insight from surveillance, epidemiology, and end results – Medicare.J Clin Oncol. 2001; 19: 3712-3718
- Use of surgical procedures and adjuvant therapy in rectal cancer treatment: a population-based study.Ann Surg. 2001; 234: 641-651
- Ageism in rectal carcinoma? Treatment and outcome variations.Int J Gastrointest Cancer. 2002; 32: 129-138
- Use of adjuvant chemotherapy and radiation therapy for rectal cancer among the elderly: a population-based study.J Clin Oncol. 2002; 20: 2643-2650
- Use of adjuvant chemotherapy and radiation therapy for colorectal cancer in a population-based cohort.J Clin Oncol. 2003; 21: 1293-1300
- Evaluation of the management of rectal cancers before and after the consensus conference in France.Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2004; 16: 1003-1009
- Regional variations in management of rectal cancer in France.Gastroenterol Clin Biol. 2004; 28: 378-383
- Adjuvant radiation for rectal cancer: do we measure up to the standard of care? An epidemiologic analysis of trends over 25 years in the United States.Dis Colon Rectum. 2005; 48: 9-15
- The influence of age and comorbidity on receiving radiotherapy as part of primary treatment for cancer in South Netherlands, 1995 to 2002.Cancer. 2006; 106: 2734-2742
- Adjuvant therapy for rectal cancer in the elderly.Drugs Aging. 2004; 21: 437-451
- Colorectal cancer adjuvant treatment in elderly patients.Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2005; 55: 201-206
- Co-morbidity leads to altered treatment and worse survival of elderly patients with colorectal cancer.Br J Surg. 2005; 92: 615-623
- Age is not a limiting factor for radical radiotherapy in pelvic malignancies.Radiother Oncol. 1997; 42: 107-120
- Elderly patients with rectal cancer have a higher risk of treatment-related complications and a poorer prognosis than younger patients: a population-based study.Eur J Cancer. 2006; 42: 3015-3021
- Long-term results of a randomised trial of short-course low-dose adjuvant pre-operative radiotherapy for rectal cancer: reduction in local treatment failure.Eur J Cancer. 1994; 30A: 1602-1606
Diagnostic accuracy of preoperative magnetic resonance imaging in predicting curative resection of rectal cancer: prospective observational study. Mercury Study Group. Br Med J 2006;333:779–82.
- Influence of the interval between preoperative radiation therapy and surgery on downstaging and on the rate of sphincter-sparing surgery for rectal cancer: the Lyon R90-01 randomized trial.J Clin Oncol. 1999; 17: 2396
Rutten HJ, Den Dulk M, Lemmens VE, et al. Rectal cancer treatment in the elderly. Eur J Cancer 2007 [this issue].
- Neoplastic mesorectal microfoci (MMF) following neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy: clinical and prognostic implications.Am Surg Oncol. 2007; 14: 853-861