Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Parkin DM, Kramárová E, Draper GJ, et al., editors. International incidence of childhood cancer: volume 2. IARC scientific publications no. 144. Lyon: IARC; 1998.
Ferlay J, Bray F, Pisani P, Parkin DM, GLOBOCAN 2000. Cancer incidence, mortality and prevalence worldwide, version 1.0. IARC CancerBase No. 5. Lyon: IARC Press; 2001.
- Thyroid and parathyroid tumours: introduction.in: DeLellis R.A. Lloyd R.V. Heitz P.U. Eng C. World Health Organization Classification of Tumours. Pathology and genetics of tumours of endocrine organs. IARC Press, Lyon2004: 51-56
- Thyroid cancer after Chernobyl.Nature. 1992; 359: 21
- Cancer after nuclear fallout: lessons from the Chernobyl accident.Nature Reviews Cancer. 2002; 2: 543-549
- Familial nonmedullary thyroid carcinoma: a meta-review of case series.Thyroid. 1997; 7: 107-113
- Thyroid cancer in an iodide rich area: a histopathological study.Cancer. 1977; 39: 215-222
- Thyroid cancer and thyroiditis in salta, Argentina: a 40-yr study in relation to iodine prophylaxis.Endocr Pathol. 2002; 13: 175-181
- A population-based case-control study of thyroid cancer.J Natl Cancer Inst. 1987; 79: 1-12
- Survival of children with thyroid cancer in Europe 1978–1989.Eur J Cancer. 2001; 37: 775-779
Bernstein L, Gurney JG. Carcinomas and other malignant epithelial neoplasms. In: Ries LAG, Smith MA, Gurney JG, et al., editors. Cancer incidence and survival among children and adolescents: United States. SEER Program 1975–1995. National Cancer Institute, SEER Program. Bethesda, MD: NIH Pub. No. 99-4649; 1999, p. 139–148.
- Childhood and adolescent thyroid carcinoma.Cancer. 2002; 95: 724-729
- Geographical patterns and time trends of cancer incidence and survival among children and adolescents in Europe since 1970s: the ACCIS project.Lancet. 2004; 364: 2097-2105
- The International Classification of Childhood Cancer.Int J Cancer. 1996; 68: 759-765
- Percy C. Van Holten V. Muir C.S. International Classification of diseases for oncology. 2nd ed. World Health Organisation, Geneva1992
Parkin DM, Shanmugaratnam K, Sobin L, et al. Histological groups for comparative studies. IARC technical report no. 31. Lyon: International Agency for Research of Cancer; 1998.
- Europe is iodine deficient.Lancet. 2003; 361: 1226
Jensen OM, Parkin DM, MacLennan R, Muir CS, Skeet R, editors. Cancer registration: principles and methods. IARC scientific publications no. 95. Lyon: International Agency for Research on Cancer; 1991.
- Cancer incidence in five continents. vol. I. Springer, Geneva: UICC; Berlin1966
- Calculations of survival rates for cancer.Proc Staff Meet Mayo Clin. 1950; 5: 270-286
- The statistical analysis of failure time data.John Wiley & Sons, New York1980
- Design and analysis of randomized clinical trials requiring prolonged observation of each patient, II, analysis and examples.Br J Cancer. 1977; 35: 1-39
Intercooled Stata 8.2 for Windows.
- Pathomorphological findings in thyroid cancers of children from the Republic of Belarus.Histopathology. 1992; 21: 401-408
- Pediatric thyroid cancer after the Chernobyl disaster.Cancer. 1994; 74: 748-766
Cardis E, Krewski D, Boniol M, et al. Estimates of the cancer burden in Europe from radioactive fallout from the Chernobyl accident. Int J Cancer (early view published online on 20 April 2006).
- Thyroid cancer: incidence, mortality and histological pattern in Denmark.Int J Epidemiol. 1989; 4: 990-992
- Thyroid cancer in Slovakia, 1968–1990: incidence, mortality and histological types.Eur J Cancer Prev. 1994; 4: 345-349
- Cancer incidence in the age range 0–34 years: Historical and actual status in Denmark. Int J Cancer 2005.Int J Cancer. 2006; 118: 2816-2826
- Changing trends in incidence and mortality of thyroid cancer in Scotland.Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2005; 62: 156-162
- Incidence of thyroid cancer in adults recorded by French cancer registries (1978–1997).Eur J Cancer. 2002; 38: 1762-1768
- Increasing incidence of thyroid cancer in the United States, 1973–2002.JAMA. 2006; 295: 2164-2167
Parkin DM, Whelan S, Ferlay J, Storm H. Cancer incidence in five continents, Vol. I to VIII. Lyon: IARC CancerBase No. 7; 2005.
- FRANCIM. Renforcement de la surveillance des cancers thyroı¨diens chez l’enfant et l’adolescent sur le plan national: etude de faisabilité.Bulletin épidemiologique hebdomadaire. Institut de veille sanitaire. 2006; 7: 55-57
- Cancer Incidence in five continents. volume VIII. International Agency for Research on Cancer, IARC Press, Lyon2002
Stiller CA, Allen M, Bayne A et al., National Registry of Childhood Tumours, England and Wales, 1981–1990. In: Parkin DM, Kramárová E, Draper GJ, et al., editors. International Incidence of Childhood Cancer: volume 2. IARC scientific publications No. 144. Lyon: IARC; 1998, p. 365-367.
- Diagnostic changes as a reason for the increase in papillary thyroid cancer incidence in Geneva, Switzerland.Cancer Causes Control. 2003; 14: 13-17
Finnish cancer registry. Thyroid gland cancer in women in Finland, 1954–2003. 3 May 2006. Available from: www.cancerregistry.fi/flash/fin2_wom_thyroid.swf.
- Juvenile differentiated thyroid carcinoma and the role of radioiodine in its treatment: a qualitative review.Endocrine-Related Cancer. 2005; 12: 773-803
- World Health Organization International Histological Classification of Tumours. 2nd ed. Histological typing of thyroid tumours. Springer, Berlin1988
- Childhood thyroid cancer in England and Wales.Br J Cancer. 1995; 72: 777-783
- Spot urinary iodine concentration as a measure of dietary iodine, evaluated in over 3800 young male subjects undergoing medical check-up preliminary to military enrolment in Piemonte and Aosta Valley (Italy).J Endocrinol Invest. 2003; 26: 1186-1191
- Risk of thyroid cancer after exposure to 131I in childhood.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2005; 97: 724-732
Berrino F, Capocaccia R, Estève J et al., Survival of cancer patients in Europe: the EUROCARE-2 study. IARC scientific publications no. 151. Lyon: International Agency for Research on Cancer; 1999.
- Post-Chernobyl thyroid carcinoma in Belarus children and adolescents: comparison with naturally occurring thyroid carcinoma in Italy and France.J Clin Endocrinol Metabol. 1997; 82: 3563-3569
- Thyroid cancer in children and adolescents – consequences in later life.J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab. 2001; 14: 1289-1296