Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Does local recurrence affect the rate of distant metastases and survival in patients with early-stage breast carcinoma treated with breast-conserving therapy?.Cancer. 2003; 97: 910-919
- Prognosis after regional lymph node recurrence in patients with stage I–II breast carcinoma treated with breast conservation therapy.Cancer. 2003; 98: 2144-2151
- Local recurrences and distant metastases after conservative breast cancer treatments: partly independent events.J Natl Cancer Inst. 1995; 87: 19-27
- Significance of ipsilateral breast tumour recurrence after lumpectomy.Lancet. 1991; 338: 327-331
- Long-term results of a randomized trial comparing breast-conserving therapy with mastectomy: European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer 10801 trial.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2000; 92: 1143-1150
- Twenty-year follow-up of a randomized trial comparing total mastectomy, lumpectomy, and lumpectomy plus irradiation for the treatment of invasive breast cancer.New Engl J Med. 2002; 347: 1233-1241
- Twenty-year follow-up of a randomized study comparing breast-conserving surgery with radical mastectomy for early breast cancer.New Engl J Med. 2002; 347: 1227-1232
- Late local recurrences in a randomised trial comparing conservative treatment with total mastectomy in early breast cancer patients.Ann Oncol. 2003; 14: 1617-1622
- Local recurrence after breast-conserving therapy for invasive breast cancer: high incidence in young patients and association with poor survival.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1998; 40: 859-867
- Local recurrences and distant metastases after breast-conserving surgery and radiation therapy for early breast cancer.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1999; 43: 25-38
- Predictors of local recurrence after breast-conservation therapy.Clin Breast Cancer. 2005; 5: 425-438
- Locally recurrent breast cancer after conservation therapy.Am J Surg. 2005; 189: 229-235
- Differences in risk factors for local and distant recurrence after breast-conserving therapy or mastectomy for stage I and II breast cancer: pooled results of two large European randomized trials.J Clin Oncol. 2001; 19: 1688-1697
- Predictive factors for local recurrence in 2006 patients with surgically resected small breast cancer.Ann Oncol. 2002; 13: 1404-1413
- Randomized clinical trial to assess the value of breast-conserving therapy in stage I and II breast cancer, EORTC 10801 trial.J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr. 1992; : 15-18
- Factors influencing local relapse and survival and results of salvage treatment after breast-conserving therapy in operable breast cancer: EORTC trial 10801, breast conservation compared with mastectomy in TNM stage I and II breast cancer.Eur J Cancer. 1992; 28A: 801-805
- Improved local control and disease-free survival after perioperative chemotherapy for early-stage breast cancer. A European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer Breast Cancer Cooperative Group Study.J Clin Oncol. 1996; 14: 745-753
- High local recurrence risk after breast-conserving therapy in node-negative premenopausal breast cancer patients is greatly reduced by one course of perioperative chemotherapy: a European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer Breast Cancer Cooperative Group Study.J Clin Oncol. 2000; 18: 1075-1083
- Improved survival after one course of perioperative chemotherapy in early breast cancer patients. long-term results from the European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC) Trial 10854.Eur J Cancer. 2001; 37: 2184-2193
- Preoperative chemotherapy in primary operable breast cancer: results from the European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer trial 10902.J Clin Oncol. 2001; 19: 4224-4237
- Survival analysis: techniques for censored and truncated data.Springer-Verlag, New York2003
- Long-term prognosis of patients with local recurrence after conservative surgery and radiotherapy for early breast cancer.Eur J Cancer. 2005; 41: 2637-2644
Early Breast Cancer Trialists’ Collaborative Group. Effects of radiotherapy and surgery in early breast cancer. An overview of the randomized trials. Early Breast Cancer Trialists’ Collaborative Group. New Engl J Med 1995;333:1444–55.
- Effect of breast-conserving therapy versus radical mastectomy on prognosis for young women with breast carcinoma.Cancer. 2004; 100: 688-693
National Cancer Institute and Breast International Group. Available from www.nci.nih.gov/search/ViewClinicalTrials.aspx?cdrid=343619&version=HealthProfessional&protocolsearchid=1537001.
- Using loco-regional recurrence as an indicator of the quality of breast cancer treatment.Eur J Cancer. 2004; 40: 487-493
- Recurrence rates after treatment of breast cancer with standard radiotherapy with or without additional radiation.New Engl J Med. 2001; 345: 1378-1387