Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Cancer
The 1996 Ig Nobel Prize Winners [online]. Available from: http://www.improbable.com/ig/ig-pastwinners.html#ig1996
Mould RF. Chernobyl Record. The Definitive History of the Chernobyl Catastrophe. Bristol, Institute of Physics Publishing, 2000.
Belyakov O. Notes about the Chernobyl liquidators, 1999 [online]. Available from: http://www.columbia.edu/∼ob2016/lhp/notes.pdf
United Nations. The United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation (UNSCEAR) 1998 Report. Sources, Effects and Risks of Ionizing Radiation. New York, United Nations, 1998.
Mapping the fallout from the Chernobyl disaster: an interview with John Baldwin. Environ Rev 1994, 12, 1–6. Available from: http://www.environmentalreview.org
United Nations. The United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation (UNSCEAR) 2000 Report. New York, United Nations, 2000.
International Atomic Energy Agency. Present and Future Environmental Impact of the Chernobyl Accident. IAEA-TECDOC- 1240. Vienna, IAEA, 2001.
Belyakov OV, Steinhäusler F, Trott KR. Chernobyl liquidators: the people and the doses. In Proceedings of the Tenth International Congress of the International Radiation Protection Association, Hiroshima, Japan, 14–19 May 2000. P-11-252. Available from: http://www.columbia.edu/∼ob2016/lhp/paper.pdf
- The Chernobyl disasters its effect on Belarus and Ukraine.in: Mitchell J.K. The Long Road to Recovery: Community Responses to Industrial Disaster. United Nations University Press, Tokyo1996: 183-230
Sayenko L. “Chernobyl generation” clings to life in Belarus. Reuters, Reuters News Service, 13/12/2000. Available from: http://www.planetark.org/dailynewsstory.cfm?newsid=9301
Specter M. A wasted land. The New York Times, March 31, 1996. Available from: http://www.michaelspecter.com/times/1996/1996-03-31-nyt-chernobyl.html
Becker K. Economic, social and political consequences in Western Europe. In One Decade after Chernobyl: Summing up the Consequences of the Accident. Poster Presentations—Volume 2. Vienna, IAEA, 1997, 501–506.
- Ten Years after Chernobyl: What Do We Really Know?.IAEA, Vienna1996
New York Post, May 2, 1986.
Adams J. The Chernobyl experiment, 1996 [online]. Available from: http://www.iahushua.com/WOI/wormwood.htm
ITAR-TASS. Major catastrophes at the second half of the 20th century. Planet's Echo 2000, 48 [online]. Available from: http://www.explan.ru/archive/2000/48/s1.htm
CNN (Reuters). Chernobyl: a chronology of disaster. December 15, 2000.
o.s.Earth Global Simulations. Briefing report [online; date not shown]. Available from: http://www.osearth.com/resources/ sampleNWG/NWG_beta/reports/eu/health.html
- Do people prefer to pass along good or bad news? Valence and relevance of news as predictors of transmission propensity.Organ Behav Hum Decis Process. 1996; 68: 79-94
Garcia HF. Crisis communications: a mathematical formula for killing rumors, 2000 [online]. Available from: http://www.lfmi. com/news/garcia.cfm
- Truth.in: Audi R. The Cambridge Dictionary of Philosophy. Cambridge University Press, New York1995: 812-813
- Radioiodine-induced thyroid cancer.Trends Endocrinol Metab. 1998; 9: 87-94
- Teratogen update: radiation and Chernobyl.Teratology. 1999; 60: 100-106
- The Chernobyl accident and its consequences.Semin Nucl Med. 2000; 30: 133-140
- Chernobyl-related ionising radiation exposure and cancer risk.Lancet Oncol. 2002; 3: 269-279
- Cancer after nuclear fallout.Nat Rev Cancer. 2002; 2: 543-549
- The Estonian Study of Chernobyl Cleanup Workers: II. Incidence of cancer and mortality.Radiat Res. 1997; 147: 653-657
Rahu, M. Cancer epidemiology in the former Soviet Union. Epidemiology 1992, 3, 464–470.
- Building bridges across diversity.Epidemiology. 1997; 8: 1-2
- Is there epidemiology in Russia?.J Epidemiol Community Health. 2000; 54: 740-744
Marples DR. Chernobyl and Belarus fifteen years on: politics and policy. Belarusian Rev 2001, 13 [online]. Available from: http://www.belreview.cz/printable/articles/527.html
UNDP/UNICEF. The Human Consequences of the Chernobyl Nuclear Accident: A Strategy for Recovery. A Report Commissioned by UNDP and UNICEF with the support of UN-OCHA and WHO, 2002 [online]. Available from: http://www.reliefweb.int/library/documents/2002/undp_rus_25jan.pdf
- Socio-economic inequalities in health in developed countries: the facts and the options.in: Detels R. McEwen J. Beaglehole R. Tanaka H. Oxford Textbook of Public Health. Vol. 3: The Practice of Public Health. Oxford University Press, Oxford2001: 1773-1790
Tomasevskaya O. Atomic lobby intriques. Belarusnews, 4 February 2002 [online]. Available from: http://www.belarusnews.de/news_en/2001/politik/1012784852.shtml
- Improving community responses to industrial disasters.in: Mitchell J.K. The Long Road to Recovery: Community Responses to Industrial Disaster. United Nations University Press, Tokyo1996: 10-40
Olymp Travel Ltd. Chernobyl—Ukraine's most infamous destination [online]. Available from: http://www.olymptravel.kiev.ua/incoming/tours/spec_inter/in_tour_chernobyl.htm